GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Z-lite Destiny OCC

Go down 
+5
Shadow99
DarkFish
Kitty
Skybubbles
ReFrostE
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should I make a new version of this RP?
YES YES YES..
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 I_vote_lcap80%Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
NOOOOO.
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 I_vote_lcap20%Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 am

Valid points, but I never saw those characters. Even if my character bears a strong likeness to others, it wasn't of my choosing. Black magic was an element I wanted this character to have, and I've been sticking with black and blue/red for a while now. For more information check the Ravis creatures I have scattered all over the last two pages of the Creation Pictures thread. I made them long before I joined this forum.

There has to be some slide here. They aren't exactly the same thing, a rule imposed to stop copying, but I haven't done that at all. It would be alright to have a likeness in characters, so long as I'm not making any copies or imitations.

Darkness is not Black magic. It is a dark theme just like the colours I gave Nakyle, but hey I'm not just _potato57.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Valid points, but I never saw those characters. Even if my character bears a strong likeness to others, it wasn't of my choosing. Black magic was an element I wanted this character to have, and I've been sticking with black and blue/red for a while now. For more information check the Ravis creatures I have scattered all over the last two pages of the Creation Pictures thread. I made them long before I joined this forum.

There has to be some slide here. They aren't exactly the same thing, a rule imposed to stop copying, but I haven't done that at all. It would be alright to have a likeness in characters, so long as I'm not making any copies or imitations.

Darkness is not Black magic. It is a dark theme just like the colours I gave Nakyle, but hey I'm not just _potato57.

Could you explain the "Dark magic" attacks?
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:49 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Valid points, but I never saw those characters. Even if my character bears a strong likeness to others, it wasn't of my choosing. Black magic was an element I wanted this character to have, and I've been sticking with black and blue/red for a while now.

Yes, but right now there is too much much of a likeness. That's where I draw the line.
Plus, what do you mean "it wasn't of my choosing"? You chose the colours, you chose the superpower.
I'm sorry for being blunt, but we designed our characters much earlier, you'll need to change yours.

Also it is a good idea to acually bother to look at the other characters before you design yours IMO
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:52 am

Haven't thought about it for long, but essentially conjuring shadows to perform simple tasks like binding, moving, or hitting. Usually done with a corresponding spell which has to be learned first, and it draws on the energy of the spell caster to impose a limit. Has that been taken by 'Darkness'?

@Kitty: You can't give me the chop for like colours. Look at these.
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Redrawn_by_aikawiifrostie-d4mqagy
Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Yuminii_by_aikawiifrostie-d4n2mfe

They're almost exactly alike in colour! And you said it yourself, your character is a dark grey. If my character had different colours for each eye, I would withdraw it without a word, but the basics can't be criticised. Bear in mind his pattern, which I hope you don't already have, and that he will only ever have red on him conditionally. Our two characters will look very different, I'm sure.

And by 'choosing' I mean I didn't choose to have the same traits as other characters. I came upon them myself, even if you did first.

And yeah I need to make a habit of looking at others' characters first. I haven't ever put in an RP character that didn't need revision.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:01 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
You can't give me the chop for like colours. Look at these.
<snip snip>
They're almost exactly alike in colour! And you said it yourself, your character is a dark grey. If my character had different colours for each eye, I would withdraw it without a word, but the basics can't be criticised. Bear in mind his pattern, which I hope you don't already have, and that he will only ever have red on him conditionally. Our two characters will look very different, I'm sure.

And by 'choosing' I mean I didn't choose to have the same traits as other characters. I came upon them myself, even if you did first.
Okay, now this is just ridiculous.

Maybe it's because the creators of those characters are acually friends IRL and thus have similar tastes?
Also maybe it's because they were drawn by the same person?

Also, hang on. You're telling me that, despite the two characters shown in the images you provided have different patterns, are the same?
And then you tell me that patterns make it different? Make up your mind.

And? Maybe you should've thought about that before choosing whatever you wanted.

I don't get why you are SOOOO defensive about your character. It's not going to work, stop whining and change it.

You should also make a habit of NOT EDITING YOUR POSTS EVERY FEW MINUTES
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:14 am

Kitty wrote:
Dark_potato57 wrote:
You can't give me the chop for like colours. Look at these.
<snip snip>

Okay, now this is just ridiculous.

Maybe it's because the creators of those characters are acually friends IRL and thus have similar tastes?
Also maybe it's because they were drawn by the same person?

Also, hang on. You're telling me that, despite the two characters shown in the images you and ful lymo nas fully monotone provided have different patterns, are the same?
And then you tell me that patterns make it different? Make up your mind.

Another thing to add is this is the original picture of Yuminii drawn by skybubbles.:

Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Yumini10

She was actually a light cyan color, and she was only cyan. I changed Yuminii to give her a better appearance and more interesting color, basically my interpretation.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:28 am

Don't need to get offensive, Kitty. I'm happy about the lightning ability. And yes, you have that point when I drew attention to, then ignored, the concept of patterns, so I'll leave that. But you also seem defensive. You are so adamant about me changing my character because it's like yours, so I'll ask you calmly to take one step back. I don't want a fight, this is supposed to be fun.

With the pictures, I will explain my point. You have taken hold of the colours of my character and insisted they are like yours. The two characters pictured have the same colours, but in different places. I would have pointed out that despite same colours, the pattern had changed, but I thought my point was made. The same situation is between our characters. The colours are marginally different and in different places. That was my point.

If it is THAT important to you, I'll change abilities and colours without a grudge.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:38 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Don't need to get offensive, Kitty. I'm happy about the lightning ability. And yes, you have that point when I drew attention to, then ignored, the concept of patterns, so I'll leave that. But you also seem defensive. You are so adamant about me changing my character because it's like yours, so I'll ask you calmly to take one step back. I don't want a fight, this is supposed to be fun.

With the pictures, I will explain my point. You have taken hold of the colours of my character and insisted they are like yours. The two characters pictured have the same colours, but in different places. I would have pointed out that despite same colours, the pattern had changed, but I thought my point was made. The same situation is between our characters. The colours are marginally different and in different places. That was my point.

If it is THAT important to you, I'll change abilities and colours without a grudge.
Look, I'm sorry, I got PO'd. But really, It would be better for our characters to look different than similar.

Really though, if you look at the original image Frostie posted, Yuminii's design was a lot different compared to her character's. Plus, your character and my character both had almost the exact same personality, and although my OP doesn't mention Ska'thi's personality, it can be seen in my first few posts in the RP.

Again, I'm sorry for being rash, but It really would be better if they were more unique.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:43 am

Very well. For increasing happiness:

User: Dark_potato57
Name: DC. Full name Discharge, but he prefers his nickname.
Animal based off: Wolf.
Appearance: Could you draw one for me? Black fur with two electric blue lines that run from his ears down his back to the sides of his tail, along his arms, and his legs. Likewise coloured irises. For his collar, can you make the Z look a little like a lightning bolt?
Z-lite ability: Lightning.
Personality: Usually self-kept, downcast and silent. When he is about to use his ability, his lines and irises glow before he discharges the energy to a point, where the lightning will strike.

Last edited by Dark_potato57 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:46 am

That's much better. Thanks for changing it. C:
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:51 am

Welcome. You still have to find me on Nagrand, though ^_-
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:52 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Welcome. You still have to find me on Nagrand, though ^_-
yeah yeah yeah

PM me with your WoW character's name and I'll give you mine, then I can most likley find you.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:06 pm

I'll get down to drawing.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 pm

Bumping. I'll post in the IC as soon as my character's set to go. By the way Frostie, what did you think of the description I made of Black Magic? Was it original as far as you know?
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Bumping. I'll post in the IC as soon as my character's set to go. By the way Frostie, what did you think of the description I made of Black Magic? Was it original as far as you know?

Kind of, but if I were you I'd go with Lightning.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Speaking of powers, would it be alright if Artemis kept her nature powers or should I change it?
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:23 pm

PrincessNintendo wrote:
Speaking of powers, would it be alright if Artemis kept her nature powers or should I change it?

All the characters remain the same unless requested to change.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:54 am

FrostieBuniou wrote:
Dark_potato57 wrote:

Kind of, but if I were you I'd go with Lightning.

Well, yeah I was only curious, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Hey Frostie, did you get around to drawing my character? Because I'm itching to get into the RP now.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm still a bit concerned about the repeditiveness of the story so far.

Why don't we make it that our characters were having a meet-up at the cafe while taking a break from doing all the superpower stuff (because heroes need a break sometimes), where they meet Potato's character? Then we can still go with what we've currently written, and don't have to tell the same story all over again.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:08 pm

That sounds like a good idea. I read some of the old threads of this RP, and this one seems to be going in the exact same direction so far.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Kitty wrote:

Why don't we make it that our characters were having a meet-up at the cafe while taking a break from doing all the superpower stuff (because heroes need a break sometimes), where they meet Potato's character? Then we can still go with what we've currently written, and don't have to tell the same story all over again.

Well, that could work.

But what about Blixa? He kind of.. Vanished.
Back to top Go down
Skybubbles
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Skybubbles

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 pm

FrostieBuniou wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Well, that could work.

Does that mean we have to restart the restarted thread?
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 am

Skybubbles wrote:
FrostieBuniou wrote:
Kitty wrote:

Well, that could work.

Does that mean we have to restart the restarted thread?

No, no one has met and talked yet.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:22 am

Were you able to get around to drawing my character, Frostie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Z-lite Destiny OCC   Z-lite Destiny OCC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Z-lite Destiny OCC
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next