GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Adventure Starter Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Adventure Starter Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Adventure Starter Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Adventure Starter Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Adventure Starter Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Adventure Starter Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Adventure Starter Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Adventure Starter Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Adventure Starter Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Adventure Starter Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Adventure Starter Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Adventure Starter Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Adventure Starter Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Adventure Starter Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Adventure Starter Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Adventure Starter Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Adventure Starter Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Adventure Starter Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Adventure Starter Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Adventure Starter

Go down 
+9
Blobzoid
camelfox
Dark_Heroics
Kitty
Terwynd
AgentAG
Pintoz
Dark_Plague
Gelatino95
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:10 am

Recently, I have been helping people come up with good ideas for their adventures, and they have been very grateful. I realized that I had a real talent for coming up with a good story on the spot. And so, I thought to myself, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" Because there was chicken feed on the other side, of course.

Wait a second. Suspect That wasn't it. Let's try again.

I thought to myself, "Why don't I start a new thread for this?"

And so, I bring to you, the Adventure Starter thread! If you have a creator's block, feeling down in the dumps, or are just lazy, make a request here! It would be helpful if you gave me a few guidelines as to what you want the story to be about. So have fun asking away! The Adventure Starter is now open for business!
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

Upvotes: : 4

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:44 am

i....Haz......Creators Block....):
I couldn't come up with much adventure ideas. The only adventure that I've completed recently was my Cloverfield Adventure....
I have no original ideas...D:
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:30 am

Nice idea there, Gelo.

Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 5:49 pm

mrbean5317 wrote:
i....Haz......Creators Block....):
I couldn't come up with much adventure ideas. The only adventure that I've completed recently was my Cloverfield Adventure....
I have no original ideas...D:
Well, why don't you come up with a socialization adventure? There aren't many of them out there, you know. I'm sure people love playing them, they'd just rather focus on combat. Maybe the adventure is about your empire making an alliance with another empire, and you have to befriend some of the council members... something like that.
Back to top Go down
AgentAG
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : -1
Location : Gone, except for the occasional post in the game night thread. Yay.

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:22 pm

I could need some help with part 3 of the Last Hope series. Not quite yet though, but I'll tell you when and if I need help.
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

Upvotes: : 18

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:46 pm

how about one where your ship is destroyed in the process of a mission and you need to buy and find parts to build a new one?
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Terwynd wrote:
how about one where your ship is destroyed in the process of a mission and you need to buy and find parts to build a new one?
Is this a request for me, or just a suggestion for others?
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
Terwynd wrote:
it's for you.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Terwynd wrote:
Gelatino95 wrote:
Terwynd wrote:
it's for you.
Okay, so you're looking for treasure on a desert planet, and your ship overheats and crashes. You have to go out around the planet, using only your minimap as a guide. First, your sensors indicate a tribe nearby... you find the tribe and they are using one of your ship parts on their totem pole. You take it, then your sensors detect some type of advanced civilization. You follow the signal and find a gas station, where the owner has recovered one of your ship parts. Finally, an epic creature has found one of the parts and you must battle him to get it back. You go back to your ship and blast off, the end.

Some tips: You don't have to use the examples I used (tribe, gas station, epic). I encourage you to think of your own if you like. Also, this would be a great mission to include crew members in, as there is no teleporting involved.

I hope that idea works for you. Be sure to include me in the credits of the adventure! It would make me very very happy!
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
Terwynd wrote:
Gelatino95 wrote:
Terwynd wrote:
it's for you.
Okay, so you're looking for treasure on a desert planet, and your ship overheats and crashes. You have to go out around the planet, using only your minimap as a guide. First, your sensors indicate a tribe nearby... you find the tribe and they are using one of your ship parts on their totem pole. You take it, then your sensors detect some type of advanced civilization. You follow the signal and find a gas station, where the owner has recovered one of your ship parts. Finally, an epic creature has found one of the parts and you must battle him to get it back. You go back to your ship and blast off, the end.

Some tips: You don't have to use the examples I used (tribe, gas station, epic). I encourage you to think of your own if you like. Also, this would be a great mission to include crew members in, as there is no teleporting involved.

I hope that idea works for you. Be sure to include me in the credits of the adventure! It would make me very very happy!
thank you! I shall get to work. Btw im crediting you like you said. :)
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:38 am

Terwynd wrote:
thank you! I shall get to work. Btw im crediting you like you said. happy.
Another day, another smiley face.

:D
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:56 am

Hey there! I'm kinda aving a blank as to what I should make. I'm thinking of making some kind of "virtural reality" Themed adventure... But I'm not sure what I should do! Do you have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:11 am

Hmm... virtual reality sounds doable. How about you need to go fix a spice derrick on a T-0 extremely hot planet, but you can't go down there because it's too hot. You go into a room with a big grid around it, and suddenly you are safely on the surface of the planet, just virtually. (don't ask me how that works, it hurts my brain to think about it) So you examine the derrick and find that three parts are missing. You must go around the planet, picking up the three parts in varied areas such as mountains, valleys, and spice geysers. Finally, you bring the three parts back to the spice derrick and it works perfectly. The captain beams when they are done. The end.

A few tips:
Try making it so that the adventure starts on a ship in orbit around the planet, and you can see the planet through one of the windows. That would make a great visual effect.

Also, this is not set in stone. It is just a guide to get you to think of your own ideas. (I personally don't think this is one of my best ideas anyway)
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 7:14 am

Ooooh, that gives me something to think about! I really do like the idea of a "gridded" room. Thanks for the idea! :D

EDIT: WAIT! I just had a BRAINWAVE!
What if there was a race that is asking you to test their new Virtual Reality system, and you go into the gridded room, walk around, yadda yadda yadda... But you then realise can't get out. Why? Because the system has a virus (in the form of a creature) and the only way to escape is to destroy the virus! (and face a bunch of challenges along the way, such as "firewalls" etc.)
Totally different perspective, but it's just an idea
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

Upvotes: : 0

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:28 am

wasn't that sort of done in that featured adventure? tho you could make it better with less teleporter puzzles...
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:35 am

Dark_Heroics wrote:
wasn't that sort of done in that featured adventure? tho you could make it better with less teleporter puzzles...
I have no idea, I haven't played that adventure yet. D:
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Gelo! i need an idea! here's my cryteria. i'd like it to be mostly tribal and creatute stage. possibly locked capyain, i DO NOT want a war adventure, maybe more of a defend or raiding adventure... not exactly social either... and possiby in the rainforest or desert... witchever you think is best. ...or grassland
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/camelfox/BLOG/Camelfoxs_Blog/Camelfoxs_Blog.ht
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:40 pm

camelfox wrote:
Gelo! i need an idea! here's my cryteria. i'd like it to be mostly tribal and creatute stage. possibly locked capyain, i DO NOT want a war adventure, maybe more of a defend or raiding adventure... not exactly social either... and possiby in the rainforest or desert... witchever you think is best. ...or grassland
Ooh, I like tribal adventures.

Okay, how about this: You are the alpha creature in your pack. There is a nearby tribe that has stolen all your eggs to eat. You must go into the tribe, collect the eggs, and escape without getting eaten. Upon your return, you are told that another alpha in the pack has been stolen by the tribe to produce eggs. Once again, you go in the tribe, rescue the poor creature, and come back, finally realizing that you must put an end to the horrible tribe. You once again sneak into the tribe, find a lit torch, and set the main hut on fire. After running back to your nest, the whole tribe explodes and your pack celebrates. The end.

Some tips:
  • Make it so that you can add creatures to your pack. Maybe include some other species nearby so you can befriend them and take them with you. It is always a good idea to include allies in an adventure that doesn't require teleporting.
  • If you are locking the captain, then make sure the creature has very low attack power, since this mission is about sneaking, not fighting.

I think I really outdid my self with that one. If you decide not to use it, camel, I definitely will.
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:42 pm

i will. also, if you wanna do a few props, that would be great
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Hey! I would like a few tips! I know the main thing but i want it to be developed ad different somehow!

Story:
It's all about the beginning of s serial killer on a dark planet, almost like London! (Hehe)
Anyway, Your a murderer who kill people for what they have done wrong.
But it shall be very long and action packed yet dramatic and thinking adventure.

Now, Gimme' some tips of how i can make many cool plot twists and such! tupps!
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

Upvotes: : 0

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:53 pm

the queen's the murderer
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:53 pm

GACModGlass wrote:
Hey! I would like a few tips! I know the main thing but i want it to be developed ad different somehow!

Story:
It's all about the beginning of s serial killer on a dark planet, almost like London! (Hehe)
Anyway, Your a murderer who kill people for what they have done wrong.
But it shall be very long and action packed yet dramatic and thinking adventure.

Now, Gimme' some tips of how i can make many cool plot twists and such! tupps!
Ooh, this sounds challenging! I've broken the plot into acts since it is so long.

Act 1: You are walking around the city when you find a bag of money sitting out in the open... you follow a trail of coins and find a criminal sitting in a dark alley. Next to him, somebody is unconscious. The money was obviously stolen. You talk to the criminal, but he runs away through a gate that you don't have the key for, carrying the money with him.
Act 2: The victim wakes up and says that he will be late for work if he doesn't leave.
Act 3: Once he leaves, you find a way around the gate and encounter the criminal, but he is dead and the money is gone. You leave, and find that the victim has gotten his bag of money back. He tells you that the criminal was dead when he got there, so he took the money back.
Act 4: You walk around town, thinking that your job is done, when you notice a wanted poster with the victim's face on it! The poster says that the victim had performed an illegal purple spice trade to get that bag of money!
Act 5: You go out and try to find him, but he is wandering around the city and you must use your minimap to find him. Once you catch up with him, he uses his emergency teleporter to flee.
Act 6: You follow the teleport signal to his hideout, but he expected you and he activated a giant defensive robot!
Act 7: You have to fight the robot outside, where the streets have been deserted.
Act 8: As soon as the robot is destroyed, the police arrive to arrest the bad guy. The end.

My wrists hurt after typing all that. I hope that gives you some ideas!
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:56 pm

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500656682779 is out. it was REALLY fun to put together. please play and R+ thankz.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:59 pm

camelfox wrote:
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500656682779 is out. it was REALLY fun to put together. please play and R+ thankz.
Downloaded! Will play and comment soon! :D
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:20 pm

DO NOT PLAY IT!!!!!!!! the time of day whacked out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adventure Starter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Starter   Adventure Starter Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventure Starter
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next