GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
What should spore improve? - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

What should spore improve?

Go down 
+17
ReFrostE
byball9
Ferrety
Drew
king90s
Lazernugget
Mitchz95
3D
Spyro4
C-Rex2000
Gelatino95
Dark_Heroics
Hutch
Hydromancerx
Pintoz
krechur
camelfox
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

What should spore improve? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What should spore improve?   What should spore improve? - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:17 am

Drew raises quite a point. Patches are only used to fix very small things. I have no idea what they were thinking when they made an asymmetry patch. Seems like something that might have came with C&C or GA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: GA Improvements!   What should spore improve? - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:44 am

These are suggestion for improving Galactic Adventures. They are NOT ranked in order of desire.

1) There can be up to ten acts, with a maximum of five goals each.

2) More gameplay objects. I was thinking that all the weapons and captain accessories would be available for the characters to pick up and use. They would gain that ability until they either drop the weapon or it runs out of shots (though they can be programmed to have infinite ammo).

3) You can create an Adventure in space, with no planet.

4) Vehicles can be programmed to be unmanned. If it is, the Captain can board it and control it. Aircraft can be programmed to sit on the ground. And all vehicles can be programmed to fire different types of weapons, like bullets, missiles, bombs, laser bolts, and laser beams. You can determine which weapons the vehicle would be equipped with, and how much damage each one would do.

Also, you can create vehicle adventures, in which you control a vehicle the whole time.

5) Characters with ranged weapons like the Plasma Pulser can be programmed with 'homing' capability. If they're not, you can dodge their attacks.

6) Advanced behavior for vehicles.

7) More advanced behavior. Some examples are say, throw, dodge (see #5), jump.

8) Downloadable music. Here's how it would work: you'd find a recording of a music you would like to have in your Adventure. You upload it to Spore.com and then wait while the Maxis people examine it. If they're satisfied that it's appropriate for Spore, they'll allow you to put in your Adventure. Music with words and lyrics wouldn't be allowed.

9) More effects. Here are some of my suggestions:

Laserfire: Just laser bolts coming from one direction.

Hologram: You can drag this effect over any other object, including other effects. It will give that object the same holographic effect as the Hologram Scout in the space stage. You can't physically interact with objects with these effects (except socialize, talk, etc), but you can do whatever else you want with them.

In fact, this could work with ALL the effects. You can drag them onto objects so that the effect would follow them around.

10) Aircraft would actually behave like aircraft. You all know what I mean. Also, you can adjust their starting altitude.

11) Land vehicles can be placed on top of buildings.

12) For the beam-in cutscene, you can determine whether the captain beams in or just enters the room. Also, you can determine the mood of the scene: happy, sad, angry, scared, etc. You can do the same thing with the ending cutscene, and you can even choose to have the captain die at the end.

13) Night would actually look like night.

14) You can place planets in your Adventures. I know it's somewhat easy to put in a building that looks like a planet, but come on. You should be able to actually drag a planet of your choice into your Adventures (gas giants included) to add to the background and/or story. You can also determine whether your Adventure takes place on a planet or moon (if it's the latter the host planet would be visible from the surface, as well as any other moons) and whether it has rings. Wouldn't that be cool? Also, you can choose what kind of star your planet would orbit.

And if a background planet is set to "destroyed" (like buildings), it would look like a Planet Buster explosion.

15) You can set your planet with a certain Terrascore. It will have that Terrascore when you encounter it in the space stage. You can also determine if your Adventure takes place on a moon. If so, you can also choose what kind of planet it would be orbiting.

16) Here's how the atmosphere density and temperature should be decided:

You have the same Terraforming display as the one in the Space Stage. You can drag the red dot around the display, and the temperature and atmospheric density will change as well. The water level will not be affected, and you can choose whether it turns to lava/ice or not. And you can still adjust the color of the planet.

17) The "Becoming a Space Captain" Adventure should take place on a moon. I don't know why, I just think it looks better when it's a moon and not a planet.

18) Goals should work for Gameplay Objects, too.

19) With the Talk to/Examine goal, you can determine the angle the player will see the object/character, and if it's a character you can determine if he/she/it will turn to face you.

20) In the Captain outfitter, there should be a whole new page of weapons and/or accessories. Some examples are: flamethrower, blaster (like from Star Wars), pistol, machine gun, knife (can be expanded into sword), and a hovering jet pack. Players wouldn't be allowed to play with Captains that have any of these accessories.

21) You should be able to choose a colour for each effect.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: What should spore improve?   What should spore improve? - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 2:50 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
Drew raises quite a point. Patches are only used to fix very small things. I have no idea what they were thinking when they made an asymmetry patch. Seems like something that might have came with C&C or GA.

I suggest you refer to my Petition.

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/54253.page

This goes for all of you really. I send the ideas in to Maxis every once in a while. Just post your thing there and it can go right to the Devs No Joke.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: What should spore improve?   What should spore improve? - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:31 am

Drew, anybody who hasn't seen that thread probably lives under a rock. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Umm...   What should spore improve? - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:36 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
Drew, anybody who hasn't seen that thread probably lives under a rock. Just saying.
I hadn't heard of it until now. Of course, everyone says I do live under a rock...
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: What should spore improve?   What should spore improve? - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 am

It's okay, Mitch. You always seemed to be one of those people who is less involved with the community, but actually still plays the game. And I respect that.

Now.

LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What should spore improve?   What should spore improve? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What should spore improve?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4