GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Pokemon Thread

Go down 
+9
DarkFish
PrincessNintendo
Darkshadow
Terwynd
Hutch
Kitty
ReFrostE
Gelatino95
Ferrety
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Okay.

Darn it, I wanted a Gible.
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:15 pm

I can get you one, for a price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:22 pm

What do you want for it?
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:26 pm

Here are some of the things I want:

- Shiny Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
- Bulbasaur
- Chickorita
- Torchic
- Piplup

If you could get me that shiny Trapinch, then that would be just great. Has to be legit, though. But anything else works.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:36 pm

I can get you one if you want. I also have a Garchomp and before anyone asks no she is not a shiny or a so called glitched one. These are the Pokemon I would like in return.

Poliwhirl
Ivysaur
Nincada
Suicune
Arcanine

Or you can surprise me if you like. happy.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:45 pm

PrincessNintendo wrote:
I can get you one if you want. I also have a Garchomp and before anyone asks no she is not a shiny or a so called glitched one. These are the Pokemon I would like in return.

Poliwhirl
Ivysaur
Nincada
Suicune
Arcanine

Or you can surprise me if you like. happy.
Are you sure it's legit? That Deoxys and Manaphy I got from you seem like they were hacked.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm absolutly sure it's not Glitched (I really perfer to say glitched then hacked). If you don't believe me, then I'll prove it.
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:02 am

Hi guys. I'm currently on vacation, and will be for a few weeks more. But after exploring Bulbapedia and Smogon a bit, I couldn't help but stop by (this is the closest to a Poke'mon site that I am a member of, not counting NGP).

So, I was looking at Smogon's 'Create a Team' (or whatever it's called) thing. I messed around with it a bit. To be honest, I don't really like it. It only allows you to pick specific movesets. Personally, I want to pick any move (that the Poke'mon can learn) that I want with any other move I want. They wouldn't even let me have a Drapion with Night Slash.

At least they gave me good moveset ideas for Seviper, Venomoth and Ariados.

Anyway, the main reason I'm here is because I need some advice: what Poke'mon would be good to set up Sunny Day for Victreebel?

@Gelo, I have a lot of Bulbasaurs (I breed 'em), although, I believe I already have a Gible. When I get a new DS I could give Frostie one of 'em and she could trade them for a Gible (if she wants to at least).

@Shardna, I'm not sure if I really want a Garchomp, but I could probably get you an Ivysaur (I don't have one, but it's not so hard to get Bulbasaur to evolve).

P.S., wow, GAC has a skin change since I was last here, hasn't it? I like it, aalthough, I think orange would fit better than blue.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:08 am

SHARD. YOU. ME. TRADE.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:08 am

The reason you can only choose movesets is because when you're doing competitive battle, and I mean real competitive battle, then you just use certain movesets. You don't customize them or anything, you just use the ones that you're given. I don't think Smogon is the place for you, Blix. You don't have the motivation to build a real team, since you just insist on using your favorite pokemon. You have to really be into it and really do your research to build a team and fight on their servers.

Also, Shard, if it's not hacked, how did you get a shiny Trapinch and why are you so willing to trade it away? Most people who have legit shinies won't trade them away because they're so rare.
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

So...

From what I know about it, Create-A-Team only uses Smogon sets. You can select whatever you want for Pokemon Online/Wi-Fi.

As for Sunny Day set-up, I assume you're playing Gen. IV, otherwise Ninetales would be the obvious choice. I'm afraid I don't really know too much about setting up Sunny Day from there.
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:13 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
The reason you can only choose movesets is because when you're doing competitive battle, and I mean real competitive battle, then you just use certain movesets. You don't customize them or anything, you just use the ones that you're given. I don't think Smogon is the place for you, Blix. You don't have the motivation to build a real team, since you just insist on using your favorite pokemon. You have to really be into it and really do your research to build a team and fight on their servers.

Also, Shard, if it's not hacked, how did you get a shiny Trapinch and why are you so willing to trade it away? Most people who have legit shinies won't trade them away because they're so rare.

*Sigh* maybe your right, but still, I think Night Slash would be a real good move for Drapion (Serebii even says so).
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:14 am

Drapion isn't commonly used in competitive battle, so they probably don't have a lot of sets for it.

Also, I'm training this Nidoking that I got as an egg from this guy on Serebii. (What can I say, I love mystery eggs) Here's the planned moveset:

- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

I think I might replace Poison Jab, since Megahorn already dispatches Grass Types. Anybody have suggestions for what I should replace it with?
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:26 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
Drapion isn't commonly used in competitive battle

Gelatino95 wrote:
I'm training this Nidoking

I also love how you're asking for moveset advice when real competitive battlers just use Smogon sets.

Note the sarcasm there, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 am

I don't do hardcore competitive battle because it takes away all the fun and surprise of battling normal people, amirite?

And I might go with Return for Nidoking, just for the raw power of it. And because it loves me.

EDIT: nevermind, I'm doing Stone Edge for EdgeQuake coverage.

EDIT2: Darn it, Nidoking can't learn Swords Dance. I tried Work Up, but that didn't work either. I'm gonna have to find a better move.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:25 am

Gelatino95 wrote:

I havent got a trapich let alone a shiny and as for the shinies that I get is mostly from my glitched heartgold game and through wi-fi trading. Why do you lot assume I hack? I'm just lucky and my first unova shiny pokemon was a cubchoo. That's the only one that's not glitched. I got it fair and square. :(
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:37 am

FrostieBuniou wrote:
SHARD. YOU. ME. TRADE.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:18 am

PrincessNintendo wrote:
Gelatino95 wrote:

I havent got a trapich let alone a shiny and as for the shinies that I get is mostly from my glitched heartgold game and through wi-fi trading. Why do you lot assume I hack? I'm just lucky and my first unova shiny pokemon was a cubchoo. That's the only one that's not glitched. I got it fair and square. :(
Oh, you don't have one? I thought that's what you meant when I was asking for a shiny Trapinch and you said "I can get you one if you want." Or were you talking about something else?

Also, you're lucky that you have good luck with shinies. I've only ever found two shinies, and I only caught one because the other exploded on me.

Also, I just assumed that your Deoxys and Manaphy were hacked because a) Manaphy was caught in a Master Ball, which is impossible because it was an event pokemon, and b) Finding a shiny pokemon in the first place is really rare, let alone finding a legendary, and c) I thought you might have wanted to keep your super rare shiny pokemon if they were legit.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:13 am

I just thought you guys might like one and I'm only half mad about shinies. Also I have a shiny Fearow that I got in a wi-fi trade if anyone wants one cause I already have a Fearow myself. happy.

@Frost: I'll trade with you later on today if that's alright with you. Do you still want a Gible egg from me? ^^
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Frostie, I can breed a Gible for you with the right nature. Would you prefer an Adamant nature or Jolly nature? I can also give it Outrage as an egg move.

(I would suggest a Jolly nature, since Swords Dance is already going to be raising its Attack to astronomical levels)
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Uh.. Jolly.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:06 pm

What will you trade me for it?

BTW, the egg hatched into a Pichu, and I was very disappointed... it didn't even have Volt Tackle!
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Anybody want a Gible Egg or a shiny Fearow (which by the way it's not glitched) from me? happy.

Edit: Never mind you guys can let me know tomorrow evening okay?
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:07 am

Does anybody want my Garchomp? I'm getting a better one, so I don't need my old one any more. It's fully EV trained in Attack and Speed and has an Adamant nature, increasing its attack by 10%. It can take down just about anything, except a focus sash Abomasnow.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:16 am

ME! ME ME MEEE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Thread
Page 8 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next