GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Pokemon Thread

Go down 
+9
DarkFish
PrincessNintendo
Darkshadow
Terwynd
Hutch
Kitty
ReFrostE
Gelatino95
Ferrety
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:02 pm

@Kitty: Having two steel types would be a bad idea as both of them hate fire. Switch one of them out with a different pokemon like Butterfree for example.

Anyway who here would like to have my Black 2 friend code?
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:15 am

Uh Princess, Butterfree is also weak against fire.

Since Genesect is the most weak, Kitty, you might want to consider switching that one out for an electric Pokemon to cover water types.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:11 am

Thanks for the tips, but I hate to say that I've been improving on my team for a while now since posting. :P

PrincessNintendo wrote:
Having two steel types would be a bad idea as both of them hate fire. Switch one of them out with a different pokemon like Butterfree for example.

Anyway who here would like to have my Black 2 friend code?
Where the heck do I get a Butterfree? :V
Besides, if any fire types pop up, I have my Dewott (now a Samurott) to get rid of them for me. :>

I'll gladly accept friend codes though! I posted mine on the last page.

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Since Genesect is the most weak, Kitty, you might want to consider switching that one out for an electric Pokemon to cover water types.
....But he's not, though. He's acutally the strongest pokemon in my team. xD

Anywho, here's my updated team list:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 am

Kitty wrote:
Dark_potato57 wrote:
....But he's not, though. He's acutally the strongest pokemon in my team. xD

Silly me, I should rephrase that:

Since, out of the two steel-types your team has, Genesect is the most susceptible to fire, it would be wise to switch him out for another type of Pokemon.

BTW, what type is Genesect's techno blast? In your position I'd go for ice or electric.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:17 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
BTW, what type is Genesect's techno blast? In your position I'd go for ice or electric.
It's Ice, ye. Should've probably said that earlier.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 am

Cool. However, I'm seeing a lot of problems with the movesets you've got for your Pokemon. Samurott doesn't look like he needs Cut, since he already has a normal-type physical attack.
Zoroark has three dark type attacks, so you can afford to lose one. I'd drop fain attack since the other two types are more powerful and have 100 accuracy anyway.
And finally, Flygon is in a peculiar situation with Fly, Dig and Earth Power. Since there is already a ground-type move, and already a two-turn move like Fly, Dig looks like a redundancy, unless it's only there to utilise the attack stat.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:08 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Cool. However, I'm seeing a lot of problems with the movesets you've got for your Pokemon. Samurott doesn't look like he needs Cut, since he already has a normal-type physical attack.
Zoroark has three dark type attacks, so you can afford to lose one. I'd drop fain attack since the other two types are more powerful and have 100 accuracy anyway.
And finally, Flygon is in a peculiar situation with Fly, Dig and Earth Power. Since there is already a ground-type move, and already a two-turn move like Fly, Dig looks like a redundancy, unless it's only there to utilise the attack stat.

Most of the problems here are due to me not having TMs to replace moves with. I've been meaning to replace Faint Attack on Zoroark with Flamethrower, but I still need to find where the TM for it is. >_>

I also agree that Samurott really doesn't need Cut, but I dunno what to replace it with.

Flygon, however, has a reason for having two "two turn" attacks, aside from easier overworld movability. Say I was in a double battle, and I sent out Lucario and Samurott. I'm doing okay, until the opposing trainer sends out either a fighting, fire or ground type pokemon. Lucario is boned, right? That's when I return him and send out Flygon. All you need to know is that Flygon has a two-turn flying and ground attack, Samurott knows surf, and Flygon is slightly faster than Samurott....
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:52 am

Aaaaaaaaaaah! Clever!

While I'm on this topic, I may as well put my own party here for critique.

Spoiler:

What do you think? Any tweaks?
(Unintentionally posted them in the same order as on my sig :/)

Also, I was fiddling around with Pokegen stuff, and I ended up sending a copy of the 4th generation event Weavile out into the ether. I can't access it (due to router issues) but if anyone else with a 4th generation game and wi-fi wants it, they just have to follow these steps.

Set the primary DNS of your DS to 204.45.29.54, and then, with a full party, access the GTS. You should then receive the Weavile.

P.S. It's holding a Master Ball.

Last edited by Dark_potato57 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Hey give me break Potato. I should have said Deerling but somehow Butterfree ended up being said instead. XD At least it's sorted now right?

My friend code: 1893-9060-6398
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:18 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
What do you think? Any tweaks?
(Unintentionally posted them in the same order as on my sig :/)
The only real flaw that I can see is that your team seems to be vulnerable to Fire types, and if your Kabutops wasn't available to deal with them then you'd be in a bit of trouble.

Same goes with dark types and your two Ralts evolutions, but I see that you've tried to combat this by teaching your Gallade Brick Break.

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Set the primary DNS of your DS to 204.45.29.54, and then, with a full party, access the GTS. You should then receive the Weavile.
I'd totally do that (because Weavile is cool) if I knew how to change my DNS. :V
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:54 am

It's actually really easy. It goes without saying that you now have dibs on the Weavile.

For a DS or DS lite, access the wifi settings from the game menu (not from the DS menu). Go into the connection you're using and go to the connection settings. From there, you'll be on a screen like the one on this website.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/editConnectionSettingsHelp.jsp
You'll be able to edit the DNS from there.

For a DSi, go to System settings from the DSi menu and go to Internet, and then Connection Settings. There will be three sets of connection settings (labelled Connection 1, 2 and 3. You can't use 4, 5 and 6 for wifi games), so go into the one you use to connect your game to wifi. Tap Change Settings. Scroll to the right until you get to an option called Auto-obtain DNS. Turn that off, and then you'll be prompted to change the primary and secondary DNSeseses... Change the primary one to the number I posted above.

After that, go into the GTS (4th generation game, and with six Pokemon on you, don't forget!). The Weavile should appear as if you got it through a trade.
That should do it, as far as I know. Let me know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 12:16 am

Well, since Kitty can't get the Weavile, someone else I know over the webs will get it.

I also tweaked some Pokeball sprites and made these.

Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Master10
Sting ball. A Great ball that is more comfortable for the Tentacool line.
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Greatb11
ESP ball. A Great ball that is more comfortable for the Ralts line.
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Nightb10
Night ball. A somewhat rare Pokeball that is a mix between a Dusk ball and a Luxury ball, providing both comfort and success in darkness.
Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Monoch10
Monochrome ball. A somewhat rare Pokeball that works especially well on Dark- and Ghost-type Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 4:53 am

I want to bring your attention that I might make a new version of this thread so I can update the OP with some things. As of the new thread, this thread will be locked. Letting you know for your own convenience so you won't be confused when you see two different Pokemon threads in the latest topic sidebar.
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Thread   Pokemon Thread - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Thread
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25