GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
MPN gone HAYWIRE Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

MPN gone HAYWIRE

Go down 
+12
Skybubbles
Terwynd
Lazernugget
Epsilon
Ferrety
Teh_Hawkinator
Mitchz95
ReFrostE
Trickatel
Pintoz
DarkFish
Ionjii1026
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Ionjii1026

Upvotes: : 6
Location : Well, if i were to tell you that i was a Quantum Particle, and that i know exactly my speed then that would make my location incredibly uncertain, and lying anywhere within a range of differing values, none of which can be confirmed without interfering with my unpredictable quantum state. Bet you wish you didn't ask now.

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 7:43 pm

What's happened to the MPN?
I first saw that sharples guy offering uprates, and immediately knew there would be LOADS of terrible creations on the MPN. it was indeed like that for a while, but now, I justed looked at the MPN and there was a whole page of creations by one guy. whilst the creations were all good, why is this happening and it's stopping anyone else who is equally good or better onto the MPN. :L
If anyone knows anything about what's going on please inform me happy.
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

Upvotes: : 1

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:38 pm

I actually liked that Blue Penguin on the MPN, although simple it was cute.

Anyway, I'll look into this.

Hmm, it's fine with me.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:47 pm

It seems as Sharpless is gonna contuine to mess up the MPN untill they shut down the Spore servers or something...

What a sad, sad excuse for a human being...
Back to top Go down
Trickatel
Red Spice
Red Spice

Upvotes: : 0

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Pintoz wrote:
It seems as Sharpless is gonna contuine to mess up the MPN untill they shut down the Spore servers or something...

What a sad, sad excuse for a human being...

Totally agree, he should do something better with his time :/
Back to top Go down
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Ionjii1026

Location : Well, if i were to tell you that i was a Quantum Particle, and that i know exactly my speed then that would make my location incredibly uncertain, and lying anywhere within a range of differing values, none of which can be confirmed without interfering with my unpredictable quantum state. Bet you wish you didn't ask now.

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Blixafish wrote:
I actually liked that Blue Penguin on the MPN, although simple it was cute.

Anyway, I'll look into this.

Hmm, it's fine with me.
The blue penguin wasn't bad it was the reeeally nooby creations that annoyed me :/

And i agree, he obviously has a very sad and lonely existence. I hope EAxis takes him to court :P
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:35 am

If no one pays attention he might get bored and leave, I honestly am not bothered by it that much.
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Appalled   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:43 am

I, for one, am appalled. Not by what Sharples has done (though I don't like it, either), but how the rest of the Spore community is taking it. I got a nasty shock when I logged on, went to the MPN, and found about fifty creations critisizing and condemning Sharples. Hateful comments, ranging from "I hope you kill yourself!" to "F*** you, Sharples!" were all over the place. I banned about twelve creations that day, along with five comments.

What the heck is happening? Is finding the MPN screwed up really any excuse to talk like that to a fellow Spore player?

Hopefully no GACers were involved with that riot...
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:45 am

I hope so... I can't think of anyone here who would do that...
Back to top Go down
Teh_Hawkinator
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Teh_Hawkinator

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:55 am

Ionjii1026 wrote:
What's happened to the MPN?
I first saw that sharples guy offering uprates, and immediately knew there would be LOADS of terrible creations on the MPN. it was indeed like that for a while, but now, I justed looked at the MPN and there was a whole page of creations by one guy. whilst the creations were all good, why is this happening and it's stopping anyone else who is equally good or better onto the MPN. :L
If anyone knows anything about what's going on please inform me happy.
The MPN is a piece of crap, NO ONE CARES! It's been dead for a loooooonnnnggg time. If you care that much, I say Good Day, Sir!
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:08 am

What!?! Spore players have found something else to complain about!?! This is an outrage!

Seriously, though, this is quite tedious. Firstly everyone complains about mass downrating, now people complain about mass uprating. Why must everyone complain about everything? I think this is pointless, and I'm actually disgusted that people would actually make death threats to an individual who mildly disrupted their day. I don't think I'll be returning to Spore anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:30 am

I'm not so much intrigued about the mass uprating, but how over-emotional people react to it.

Abusive comments which people have made make them worse then Sharples
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:48 am

SHARPLES88 DID THIS. HE MUST DIE.

People yelled at him for doing this and he's all: "I'm just being nice, you're the ones being bad"

I still want Sharples gone. If he wants to do good, he should LEAVE SPORE.

(I'm not trying to rage, I just think he turned us all crazy. I blame it on Sharples, AND the crazed sporers for turning it even worse)

Last edited by Lazernugget on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:50 am

Lazernugget wrote:
See what I mean? People are always overreacting. I know Lazar doesn't mean that literally, but it just goes to show.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:51 am

(I edited my most. I don't REALLY hate sharples, it's just partially his fault.)
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

Upvotes: : 18

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:01 am

In an overview, I've come to a conclusion about this whole Sharples fiasco. He may have screwed up the MPN, but who freaking cares? He's just trolling the MPN, and it has happened before on numerous occasions. Besides, we all know that the community is very small compared to what it used to be, and that the MPN is dead anyway, so once again, I ask, WHO CARES? Now, I agree that Sharples is a sad excuse for a person (Pintoz, stop ripping off my sayings on the Chatbox XD) don't get me wrong, BUT, I keep this to myself and a select few of the community, and I don't say it directly to Sharples' face, unlike some other people I should mention. The hatred directed at Sharples is just disgusting.

Remember that Friday song by Rebecca Black? Horrible song, but if you look at the comments on the song, you'll see things that are tens, maybe hundreds times worse than her song is. Among the worst I've seen include, "If I ever see you in real life, Im stabbing you to death", "I hope you cut yourself and die" and other worse ones that I can't say here without being banned by 3D, Drew or Hutch. I've seen a CBC interview with her and she said she cried by looking at all these comments. Mind you, I know from experience that it takes a LOT to make someone cry over the internet, and is symbolic to what we as an internet society have become. And the killer to all this? IT'S JUST A SONG. And it's about a girl and her friends going... to... a club. On Friday. And having Cereal. And educating us on the days of the wee- Ok, I DON'T KNOW!?! But nothing offensive is going on in the entire video. Keep that in mind.

The point I'm making out here is that if someone does something for entertainment, whether it be for himself or others, and it doesn't SERIOUSLY affect anyone or morally, emotionally, religiously, or racially offend anyone, why would you say garbage like that fits the exact opposite criteria? This Sharples guy may be an annoyance, but that doesn't mean you go and tell him to go die in a hole. Now, if this guy were to mass uprate offensive creations, I could understand all the hatred. Hell, I'd probably be ranting on him myself! But he's not doing that, or at least he hasn't done that yet. If I were to know who dished out these comments, I would slap them multiple times in their faces to knock some sense into them. Sharples' uprating isn't the worst part of the incident, It's the comments that are.

Anyway, before I get too in depth and start ranting, I will end this reply with one sentence, "Do unto others as you would have them to do unto you" That is all.

-Terwynd
[[Disclaimer (Well, sorta) : This is completely not a sign that Terwynd's Topics will be up and running again this Sunday. *whistle*]]
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:02 am

Lazernugget wrote:

(I'm not trying to rage, I just think he turned us all crazy. I blame it on Sharples, AND the crazed sporers for turning it even worse)

It's the people who are crazy who took this too seriously, Lazer.

EDITED.
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:45 am

Wow, cried? That's sad, it's a bad song but she doesn't deserve that...

Anyway, I didn't know it was this harsh. I think what Sharples did was wrong, but he doesn't deserve this. Anyway, you're all right, the community is a lot smaller (I'm going to refrain from going off topic about how Maxis shouldn't have made Darkspore) than it was, so I guess it wouldn't matter. I only check the MPN every like 17 times it's updated.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:34 am

I saw the video.. 178 hate comments in just 2 minutes.. or less.
Back to top Go down
Skybubbles
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Skybubbles

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:30 am

The MPN is just sad, it always has been, Let's face it sharples or not it's terrible.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:56 am

Terwynd wrote:
Now, I agree that Sharples is a sad excuse for a person (Pintoz, stop ripping off my sayings on the Chatbox XD)
Trollface
Back to top Go down
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Ionjii1026

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Right, basically, i don't mind too much about this sharples guy and all the hate to him, two groups of people getting worked up, i just think that EAxis need to do something about, this sharples guy, all his abusers, the MPN, bring new life to spore (NOT darkspore), and start listening to the sensible sporers out there. Personally i think the featured creations bit is WAY more important than the MPN. I'm mainly annoyed with EAxis for leaving our spore community as a whole to random spammers (sharples on he sporums) and rubbish rating and MPN systems. Spore is a dieing game, and EAxis don't realise they could get more money out of it. I persoanlly know i won't be buying darkspore...
Anyway so basically this trolling is not what is really annoying it's how EAxis have left the spore community to die.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:03 pm

It's typical of most gaming companies, the games they create aren't their babies. They see them as conduit systems to make a LOT of money. Once it's income starts sagging, they drop it like a very hot potato.

This is to be expected, as maxis is at the mercy of EA. and not every company can be like valve.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Sharples88 used a bot to mass uprate and downrate people. Thats what has been going on. Best thing you can do is ignore it. He is after all... a troll.
Back to top Go down
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Ionjii1026 wrote:
Right, basically, i don't mind too much about this sharples guy and all the hate to him, two groups of people getting worked up, i just think that EAxis need to do something about, this sharples guy, all his abusers, the MPN, bring new life to spore (NOT darkspore), and start listening to the sensible sporers out there. Personally i think the featured creations bit is WAY more important than the MPN. I'm mainly annoyed with EAxis for leaving our spore community as a whole to random spammers (sharples on he sporums) and rubbish rating and MPN systems. Spore is a dieing game, and EAxis don't realise they could get more money out of it. I persoanlly know i won't be buying darkspore...
Anyway so basically this trolling is not what is really annoying it's how EAxis have left the spore community to die.

This is what I was saying.
Back to top Go down
Ionjii1026
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Ionjii1026

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Well good on you blix :D
@Drew: you're right about the ignoring part, and i'm lucky enough it hasn't really directly affected me yet. Also him using a bot also makes sense, and never really figured that before :L btw i saw tht your creation called Kestral has been downrated :L sucks cos it's the best humanoid creature i've seen in along time. Also you can take the moral high ground for ignoring the downrater and just getting on with lifw. WELL IN!
@Hutch: yeah i know but spore is so unique, i would've thought they would try and do a sequel, or something :L i suppose that's what Darkspore is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty
PostSubject: Re: MPN gone HAYWIRE   MPN gone HAYWIRE Empty

Back to top Go down

MPN gone HAYWIRE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAC :: GAC :: Locked Archive-
Jump to: