GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
What's your Spore Story? Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

What's your Spore Story?

Go down 
+10
PwntYou
trembler95
BurninatingFreez
Loon
Pintoz
DarkStar
Dark_Heroics
Gelatino95
Lazernugget
byball9
14 posters
AuthorMessage
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

Upvotes: : 1
Location : It's on a need-to-know basis, and you probably don't want to know

What's your Spore Story? Empty
PostSubject: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:56 pm

We all have one: what's happened to you over the months/years in your Spore "life?" How you did you get the game? And what do you think of the game? Post away!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:42 am

not much, I just got spore as a gift, and became a sporer, but my account wouldn't let me publish, so I used my friends account 'cause he never plays anyway....then I got GA from my own money and got C&C for my b-day! hurray!
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:44 am

Well, first of all, I was reluctant to get Spore as I am to most games. But my dad got it anyway, and we started playing it. I suddenly realized how fun it was, and I was also making better creatures than my brothers or dad, as I still am. After a while, we made an account for all of us to share, called Fooberz. That's when the fun begins.

As Fooberz, my dad was playing Spore less, and my older brother almost completely stopped playing. So it was just me and my little brother. We played on the same account for a while without complaint. However, soon, I had amassed a whole bunch of cool adventures. I was feeling very confident with my creating skills. Soon, I was getting tired of my brother's lower-quality creations being mixed in with mine. So I requested that I get a separate account. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but eventually, it was done.

Two branch accounts from Fooberz were made: Gelatino95 (me) and Lark98 (my little brother) My dad kept the Fooberz account. On my account, I had been making lots of new awesome adventures and it was only my own creations. I was so happy. My skills grew and grew until I was an extremely talented adventure crafter. Unfortunately, disaster struck.

Near the end of the school year, this last year, the computer broke. All of my unshared creations were lost forever. I had to sit like that for almost the entire summer, without Spore. During that time was when I joined GAC, even though I could make nothing in Spore. However, near the end of the summer, we got a different computer and I could play Spore again. That lasted for about a month, then the computer crashed due to unknown causes and I can't play Spore to this day.

That is my Spore story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:47 am

Awww...sad, and WOW! lark98 is your BROTHER!!?? OMG! cool!
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:51 am

Lazernugget wrote:
Awww...sad, and WOW! lark98 is your BROTHER!!?? OMG! cool!
I thought I made that clear in other parts of the forum...
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:54 am

I was either going to get spore or the first force unleashed... but my mom convinced me to get spore XD
also, before spore was released, the vancouver art gallery had an exhibit/craft thing dedicated for it. I made a creature out of boxes and cups :D
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:09 am

I am glad I got Spore, it gave me a new understanding of evolution even though I don't belive it. I had been looking for a game where you can create stuff. And there it was, Sim City, no wait, look whats that.... Spore? Hmmm......

Yep and that is what happend, but i didn't buy it. I got it for Christmas in 2008.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:32 am

In school, I found myself connecting Spore to real-life situations and subjects.

Diversity of Living Things, life spans,evolution, and other animal related topics = Creature Stage
Native Studies = Tribal Stage
Government = Civilization
Early Explorers = Space Stage.

I do it a lot, almost every day. Kinda lame, right?
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:43 am

Huntiki wrote:
That is not lame at all. That is very neat. I can definitely understand the connections that you're making, especially with creature stage.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:56 am

Me and my brother bought it in our young ages..

And he hated it, and i liked it!

Now it's dull.
Back to top Go down
Loon
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Loon

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:51 am

One of my friends got Spore, didn't like it, so she gave it to me. I played on her account for awhile, then created my Loonquawl account. That's pretty much my Spore story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Loonquawl
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 am

Huntiki wrote:
In school, I found myself connecting Spore to real-life situations and subjects.

Diversity of Living Things, life spans,evolution, and other animal related topics = Creature Stage
Native Studies = Tribal Stage
Government = Civilization
Early Explorers = Space Stage.

I sometimes use the face ranking system in real life
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 4:38 am

I first heard of Spore at school and I figured it would just be about teaching evolution which I don't believe in. So I decided not to get it. Eventually I was on youtube and I saw a video by Mega64 called Spore Ruined My Life. It was a great video and for some reason it motivated me to buy it and I've been hooked ever since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:34 am

I got Spore from my brother's friend, and since the game was on the computer, I played it for about 6 months before getting a bit bored. But then I heard about Galactic Adventures, and I got the expansion pack as a gift. I've been making adventures ever since. 2078 came about in March, after I had a book idea. Originally I made them following the plot of the book, but then they gradually became different.

(And I wouldn't have chosen byball9 as a username: it was the one my friend had for his Spore account)
Back to top Go down
trembler95
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
trembler95

Location : I once stepped in a deep fryer then ate my foot. Guess which one was the mistake.

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:43 pm

One of my friends introduced me to Spore in 2008 when I went to his house. When I got home I decided I wanted to learn more about Spore and decided to watch some videos. I found out by watching those videos that Spore was pretty much just one huge biology lesson: evolution, functions of parts, behaviors, etc, etc.

Soon I was obsessed with it anddidn't calm down until I bought the creature creator. I played it almost non-stop and made some of my best creations back then. That Christmas my parents bought me the full game and C&C. Again, I played almost non-stop, and when I found GA was coming out I nearly wet myself. So the day it came out I rushed to Best Buy and got one of the only copies left. And that's my Spore story. happy.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:48 pm

I have one thing to say to every Spore Story that I've seen on this thread...

Click if you dare...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Ok heres my story...

i woke up in the Abyss of Darkness one day... The God of Infinite Shadows told me to buy a copy of Spore. I listened to him and slipped out of the dimension. I came back to my comfy home. I killed my father and stole his wallet. I bought a copy of Spore and took C&C with me. When i came home i found my father alive (thanks to the God of Infinite Shadows). I played Spore until i found out there was something called... Galactic Adventures... ( i bought the game at 2010) I killed my father again and stole his credit card to buy it. These days i'm very succsessful creator.
Back to top Go down
PwntYou

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 4:11 am

*The content in this post has been deleted by Glasspinne*
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:07 am

He is a troll. 🔥
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:11 am

ONCE APON A TIME THERE WAS THIS GURL NAMMED KITTY WHO WENT TO A VIDEO GAMES CONVENTION WITH HER DAD AND PLAYED A CRAPLOAD OF VIDEO GAMES AT SAID CONVENTION

Anywho, I found a playable video game that was called "Spore" and I, already knowing about Spore, decided to play it. Now, because I am an irresponcible deviant, my Dad was looking for me at the time, and found me while I was creating a creature on spore. My Dad thought "Hey, this game acually looks kinda cool" So he bought it for me a few days later. And now here I am.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:45 pm

I become a Spore owner and then everyone loved me/hated me the end.
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Drewskii (Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:45 am) wrote:
I become a Spore owner and then everyone loved me/hated me the end.

That was a beautiful story, Drew...
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:47 pm

I know, it took me two months to write and publish.
Back to top Go down
Dory01
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Dory01

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 1:35 pm

I've been following the buzz around Spore's development ever since 2006-or-so, and I got hooked, partially because I thought this game would show people how evolution works and open their minds to it.(Trust me, living in a backwater town where everyone interprets the Bible literally is NOT fun.)

Then the Creature Creator came out, I downloaded the free trial and what do you know? It was love at first sight. I eagerly waited to Spore's release like a junkie waiting for his fix. When I finally bought the game(a couple days after the worldwide release) it was the day when the hadron collider in Switzerland was activated and thus, unfortunately, the world was destroyed before I even had a chance to play the game. :(

THE END
Back to top Go down
http://poharex.webs.com
Frogger1093
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Frogger1093

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:26 am

I noticed Spore in my dad's friend's Game Informer waaay back, about two or so years before the game was just released. I followed the development since then and thought it was the coolest idea for a game ever. I got Spore the first day it came out.

When I started Spore, I was practically addicted. My first creations were just like any run-of-the-mill noob's creations: very basic and not a lot of thought or effort put into them. My brother and I shared an account, but we were always arguing about who got to play and when, so we made him his own account and installed Spore on our other computer so we could play separately.

I guess my skills and style at creating got more refined as I made more stuff. Eventually, I sort of built a quasi-fame with my renditions of Necromorphs and Halo vehicles. Most of my stuff got onto MPN page 1.

Then when GA came out, I started having all of these ideas for adventures, but they usually ended up being too large scaled or complicated for me to complete, and I rarely had the time or attention span to see them through anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your Spore Story?   What's your Spore Story? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your Spore Story?
Page 1 of 1