GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Empty
PostSubject: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:15 pm

Zombie Apocalypse Survival City.
BIOHAZARD

'Ello! Team Obsidox (Me, Dark_Plague, Terwynd and AgentAG), have been working on a project for 1-2 weeks now.
We're making a Zombie apocalypse city! The general idea is that the players will have to survive the city and manage to escape from it. There will be zombies, lots of buildings, districts, subways, hidden loots, full detailed interiors of the buildings, ruins, books people have wrote and much more!
However, we just managed to realize what a huge project this is going to be, so we decided we need help from who else than..
The GAC Community!

What we need help with is many things, here's a list of them:

- Building the city (Building skyscrapers, large buildings, house, car roads, pavements, train stations, train roads, etc.)

- Planning the virus (Planning the history of how the zombie virus came to be, how it spreads and infects its victims, where it came from and so on.)

- Planning the city's story (How to arrange the districts, themes for the districts buildings and such, where to place this and that, how the virus spread through the city, how the city ended up isolated, etc.)

- Creating a custom texture pack that changes pumpkins into TVs, Nether fence into Stone Brick textured fence and a new zombie texture, along with plenty of skins for Random Mobs.

Our simple map of the city's structure: https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/15/58/26/12/zombie10.jpg
-----

Of course we have some ideas ourselves. What we need major help with is how to plan the building of the city.

RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT

Right now we are making the Residential district as you can see on that map. The Residential district is what we are focused on right now and will plan on at the moment. Here are some pictures so you can get the right idea of how we're making it (Pics by Dark_Plague):

https://i.servimg.com/u/f31/15/71/18/06/2012-011.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f31/15/71/18/06/2012-012.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f31/15/71/18/06/2012-013.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f31/15/71/18/06/2012-010.png

-The residential district is full of buildings at the top height of 5 floors.

-There are apartments, shops, some banks and hotels in the district for the people to shop and live in. As you can see though, the buildings are minorly damaged at some places, like the windows and some walls and roofs. This is because we want to make it more realistic.

-All buildings need to have a detailed interior. Apartments with a full set for example.

-Roads and pavements. Roads and pavements you will see the size on if you want the server. They're perfectly normal.

-Loots inside the apartments, in chests. Readable books will be found in some of these chests too. (The books has to be diares people have wrote during their time in the zombie city).
Alright, that should cover the basics of that! If you have any more questions or want me to add something, go ahead and say so. (ALL LOOT AND BOOKS ARE DONE BY TERWYND)

----------------------

UPCOMING INFO ABOUT COMMERICIAL DISTRICT!

-----------------------

Other districts and their infos will be written down here later when we start working on them.

-----------------------

Contributors:

- Dark_Plague
- Pintoz (Glass_Miner)
- AgentAG
- Terwynd
- Shardna
- DRaGO
- RazorKnight
- Bence657
- DarkShadow
- NewEpsilon
- camelfox
------------------------

RULES:

Rule Board:
- Please try to listen to the members of Team Obsidiox. If you have a question, feel free to contact any of the members.
- No TNT / Flint & Steel or Lava.
- Swearing is permitted, as long as it is not directed at other people. Please refrain from swearing constantly.
- When building, please check the style of the buildings around you, to keep with the theme.

Alright, so if you want to join, type this in: 64.229.154.138 . Full coverage of things will be informed if you join the server! If you have any questions here though, please ask. You will be able to contribute and help if you start getting active on the server! If you are unable to be active on the server, please say so, so you can help anyway.

- Pintoz.

Last edited by Pintoz on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Nice. I could be a bit useful to do some of the things you've mentioned here. Bear in mind that I might not be always on. This does sound excellent so could I join in this project? :D
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:13 pm

You may indeed. happy.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:35 am

I'd love to be a part of this once I can get on my computer again. I think I'll be able to help everywhere except the texture pack, though I'm kinda more interested in the building side. Funny that this pops up now, as I had a similar idea for a project a lot like this. Glad to see other people interested in it also. :D

I'll hop on the server when I get the chance. happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 5:15 am

Glad to see you join!
Server will be up tomorrow again, very early in the morning.
by that, I mean around 8:20, which would be 10 hours from this post.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Sorry to double post, but the Server is on now. happy.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Question: Do the little redstone torch antenna thingies serve any purpose? What are they supposed to be? Or are they just decor? Wondering
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:36 pm

They're supposed to be antennas :P, Y'know, for TVs and all that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Sorry for double post, but the Server is on.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:51 pm

I should mention, we do have rules. :P

Rule Board:
- Please try to listen to the members of Team Obsidiox. If you have a question, feel free to contact any of the members.
- No TNT / Flint & Steel or Lava.
- Swearing is permitted, as long as it is not directed at other people. Please refrain from swearing constantly.
- When building, please check the style of the buildings around you, to keep with the theme.

Last edited by Dark_Plague on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:29 am

I forgot. Which district did you wanted to finish off first? I was also thinking we could add a theater/cinema maybe in tourist district? ^^
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Right now we are building the Residential District, so we want to finish of that one first. And we will start planning ideas for the next district we're gonna build after we're done with this one.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 1:57 pm

Okay thanks for answering my question. When will the server be up? I'm free again for the day. happy.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 2:27 pm

Whenever Plague wakes up. Which may be in about two hours, or less... Or more.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 5:02 pm

..Or now. happy.
Server is definitely up.

My Internet died, and came back, so new IP.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:08 pm

Server is on.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:38 pm

The Server will be down for maintenance from now until I post again.
(AKA, changing my graphics card, and implementing plugins to the server.)
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:15 pm

That'll be okay. I can wait till it comes back.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Server is up!
With Voxelsniper!
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:03 pm

So what's the whole halabaloo with this project so far? I really want to build that musuim so that I can fit my arty works there. :/
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Server will probably be a lot less active from now on, since we all start working and go to school right now. So we're probably only gonna be able to work on weekends. And right now we're not working on the district where the museum is gonna be. I do not know when we are gonna make the district where the museum is gonna be, so that could take some time before we start working on it.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Oh okay then. That's fine by me then. happy.
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:36 pm

haiiiii i'd like the help. I've gotten pretty good at modern style buildings recently
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/camelfox/BLOG/Camelfoxs_Blog/Camelfoxs_Blog.ht
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 7:59 pm

We'd love to have you on board! ^ ^
unfortunately like Glass said, server won't be up as much as it used to be. but I promise it will be up tomorrow. happy.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Server is up now. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]   Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE] Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Obsidiox Project: 'Zombie Apocalypse City' (We need help!) [CURRENTLY UNDER PAUSE]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next