GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Darkspore, plan on buying it?

Go down 
+17
Hutch
Frogger1093
Kitty
Terwynd
Gekkonen_36
Ferrety
Pintoz
ghostofillusion
Mitchz95
Dark_Plague
Dark_Heroics
Epsilon
ReFrostE
byball9
Gelatino95
Lazernugget
Drew
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Frogger1093
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Frogger1093

Upvotes: : 0

Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:19 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
Be patient, Frogger... they're gonna work on that next.

Hopefully. I think it'd be interesting to see how Darkspore turns out nonetheless...
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:20 am

Darkspore will likely turn out to be a fine game. Maxis is really advertising it. They wouldn't advertise a game that sucked. And if Ratchet and Clank have taught me anything, action RPGs are pretty cool. Plus, they've incorporated the customization features of Spore that everyone knows and loves. Besides, how bad can a game by the creators of Spore be?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:36 am

Gelatino: If you really think that, EA's brainwashed you. That or your ignorant to how EA really operates. Their milking a dying cow, basically. Darkspore is just going to be another Diablo clone with fancy graphics and a glorified outfitter. Plus, your "They wouldn't advertise a bad game" argument.... I'm just going to say this: Developers advertise their games NO MATTER HOW BAD IT REALLY IS. EA is pretty much in complete and total control of Maxis, so they are going to make them make a lame spin off of a great game, completely butcher the original concept of spore. And release it to make an extra million bucks.

You really need to release that Maxis is nothing but a puppet that signed its soul off to EA at this point.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:47 am

I agree with Hutch, they changed the concept of spore. The game was supposed to be about science and evolution and a bit of Sci-fi. For darkspore it's completely sci-fi. And the editor, I hate how you can't make your own creatures, if you could it would make the game 5X's better and I would most likely buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Skybubbles
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Skybubbles

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:51 am

Darkspore = BAD
Spore equal = awesome
Maxis = wall
EA = face plam
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:54 am

Skybubbles wrote:
Darkspore = RANT
Spore = awesome
Maxis = face plam
EA = wall

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Frogger1093
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Frogger1093

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:57 am

Hutch wrote:
Gelatino: If you really think that, EA's brainwashed you. That or your ignorant to how EA really operates. Their milking a dying cow, basically. Darkspore is just going to be another Diablo clone with fancy graphics and a glorified outfitter. Plus, your "They wouldn't advertise a bad game" argument.... I'm just going to say this: Developers advertise their games NO MATTER HOW BAD IT REALLY IS. EA is pretty much in complete and total control of Maxis, so they are going to make them make a lame spin off of a great game, completely butcher the original concept of spore. And release it to make an extra million bucks.

You really need to release that Maxis is nothing but a puppet that signed its soul off to EA at this point.

Well, that's what happens with most entertainment media franchises. If the developer's lucky, they'll own the rights to their IP.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:22 am

Hutch wrote:

I don't even know what I was thinking when I said that advertising part... You're absolutely right about that. But I'm not thinking of Darkspore as the next part of Spore or even associated with it at all. I'm thinking of it as an independent game that has some Spore concepts mixed into it. And I happen to like action RPGs, regardless of who makes them.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:01 pm

I am telling you guys. Its a solid game. You guys should really dis it until you try it. happy.

Though pretty much everything Hutch said was true, there is no arguing with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:31 pm

I'm not dissing Darkspore but why the hell did Maxis and EA leave Spore in the dark? Do they think a Spin-off will help the spore players? From what I see, more then 50% of the Spore players don't like this idea. Where is are patches for the glitches and improvements? Where is the expansion/part packs? In 3 years, we only got one expansion and parts pack!

I mean, look at Sims 3! In only 2 years they got 3 expansions and I don't know how many stuff packs. I'm only giving an example but since Sims and Spore are very similar siblings why do we get nothing in 3 years and only a spin-off! It's madness. Madness? THIS IS EA!
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:39 pm

@Raz, Sims 3 is more popular than Spore, why would developers concentrate on a game that won't make as much money?

Remember their motive; money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:47 pm

SugarRush99 wrote:
@Raz, Sims 3 is more popular than Spore, why would developers concentrate on a game that won't make as much money?

You don't seem to understand my point. People are losing intrest in Spore because of the developers concentrating on other games. But they indeed do want more money...
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:33 pm

I have no need to get Darkspore, I already have DarkSpore Beta Joyful
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:01 am

SugarRush99 wrote:

The quote of truth. Trollface
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:18 am

Drew980 wrote:
I am telling you guys. Its a solid game. You guys should really dis it until you try it. happy.
THANK YOU. Finally, I'm not the only optimist in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:33 am

I've played the darkspore beta on a friend's computer. Before I made that post.

And as I said, diablo clone with a spore logo on it.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:42 am

Hutch wrote:
I've played the darkspore beta on a friend's computer. Before I made that post.

And as I said, diablo clone with a spore logo on it.

I remeber playing Diablo when I was little. awesome

....What? Can't little girls play Diablo too?
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 1:54 am

I just wanna say this:

No.

I am not buying it.

ƒ(x)

Is my new symbol BTW...

Dark spore is just a spoof that will fail...it LOOKS cool and all, but it's not as creative or awesome as spore....So I am not buying it. No way.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:32 am

Lazer, you've got it all wrong. You can't compare Darkspore to Spore because they are completely different genres.
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:36 am

Honestly, I want to buy it now...

Unless something changes my mind....... again....

DON'T SHOOT ME!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:34 am

Just played the Beta.
MAN IT'S LAGGY.
But still, it's a great game. :P
Back to top Go down
Loon
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Loon

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:40 am

Nah, I'll just get it the same way I got Spore. I'll just wait till someone else buys it, gets sick of it, then gives it to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Loonquawl
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:35 am

Lazernugget wrote:
I just wanna say this:

No.

I am not buying it.

ƒ(x)

Is my new symbol BTW...

Dark spore is just a spoof that will fail...it LOOKS cool and all, but it's not as creative or awesome as spore....So I am not buying it. No way.

Maths has nothing to do with anything.
Back to top Go down
Jat371
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Jat371

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:36 am

Wtf do functions have to do with anything, Lazer?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Jat371
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkspore, plan on buying it?   Darkspore, plan on buying it? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkspore, plan on buying it?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2