GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


The Galactic Adventure Club
 
HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» my forum now
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:15 am

» Press F
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week

 

 Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

Posts : 170
Upvotes: : 3
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Emerald Town

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 5:36 am

Teh_Hawkinator wrote:
The egg would be harder to genetically create its chemical make up, but with the chicken, the chemical make up would be easier to create

That means that there were aliens on our planet that were capable of creating random creatures out of organic structure... Why would we genetically modify chemical substances to create chickens?
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Posts : 3501
Upvotes: : 9
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Dinosaur Planet

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 5:59 am

Teh_Hawkinator wrote:
The egg would be harder to genetically create its chemical make up, but with the chicken, the chemical make up would be easier to create
You seriously think that everything is like the creature creator in space stage? People just make creatures? Well, you're wrong. Chickens evolved from a creature that was similar to a chicken. A genetic mutation is when there is an error in DNA transcription during reproduction. So the chicken-like species had a genetic mutation when they laid the chicken egg. Then the chicken hatched from the egg. Therefore, the egg came first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Vektrix
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Vektrix

Posts : 210
Upvotes: : 1
Join date : 2010-08-27
Location : EuroSpore, GAC and The Sporum

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:01 am

The fossil record indicates the egg is a clear 450 million years earlier than the chicken, I thought we'd already established that? Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Posts : 3501
Upvotes: : 9
Join date : 2010-06-27
Age : 24
Location : Dinosaur Planet

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:02 am

Vektrix wrote:
The fossil record indicates the egg is a clear 450 million years earlier than the chicken, I thought we'd already established that? Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Icon_scratch
We're making the discussion more interesting by discussing chicken eggs, not any kind of eggs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Vektrix
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Vektrix

Posts : 210
Upvotes: : 1
Join date : 2010-08-27
Location : EuroSpore, GAC and The Sporum

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:06 am

In that case the fossil record would say the chicken came first, because the egg that hatched the first chicken would have been laid by a creature that preceded the chicken. The embryo inside would have had one or more genetic mutations, but not enough changes would have happened to prevent it mating with creatures that are similar to it's parents.

Evolutionary theory then dictates that one of more of these mutations would stick because the new chicken would then have some trait that improves some aspect of it's life. This in turn eventually becomes the norm... hence we have a new species, The Chicken. An example is the new chicken is less susceptible to a disease, or is simply stronger, or faster... or some other trait that give it an advantage over other species.
Back to top Go down
Skybubbles
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Skybubbles

Posts : 1173
Upvotes: : 0
Join date : 2011-01-15
Age : 21
Location : Guess.

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:10 am

This question really has no answer because it is revolving cycle. But, what about the first living creature ever? did it hatch from an egg? or was it just not there and then there?
Back to top Go down
Vektrix
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Vektrix

Posts : 210
Upvotes: : 1
Join date : 2010-08-27
Location : EuroSpore, GAC and The Sporum

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:15 am

Skybubbles wrote:
This question really has no answer because it is revolving cycle. But, what about the first living creature ever? did it hatch from an egg? or was it just not there and then there?

Fossil record states it evolved from amino acids - it was a bacteria, about 2.5 billion years ago.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

Posts : 170
Upvotes: : 3
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Emerald Town

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:19 am

Vektrix wrote:
In that case the fossil record would say the chicken came first, because the egg that hatched the first chicken would have been laid by a creature that preceded the chicken.

You said it... but this egg still contains a chicken embryo inside it... So it is technically a chicken egg... But you are right about the fact that it was NOT laid by a chicken... So the answer simply depends on the definition of what a chicken egg is...

Back to top Go down
Vektrix
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Vektrix

Posts : 210
Upvotes: : 1
Join date : 2010-08-27
Location : EuroSpore, GAC and The Sporum

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:42 am

Chaos wrote:
Vektrix wrote:
In that case the fossil record would say the chicken came first, because the egg that hatched the first chicken would have been laid by a creature that preceded the chicken.

You said it... but this egg still contains a chicken embryo inside it... So it is technically a chicken egg... But you are right about the fact that it was NOT laid by a chicken... So the answer simply depends on the definition of what a chicken egg is...


Ah, now we are talking on a more complex, and uncertain level.

It depends on what you define an egg by. What laid it, or what hatches out of it. Personally I'd say what lay it, since Cuckoos lay eggs and then make other birds sit on them, aren't the birds sitting on the egg then convinced it is their own egg? However, the egg was laid by a cuckoo and will hatch out a cuckoo, so it is not quite the same. But in the mind of other bird, it is an egg that they laid.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

Posts : 170
Upvotes: : 3
Join date : 2011-01-18
Location : Emerald Town

Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:51 am

Vektrix wrote:

Ah, now we are talking on a more complex, and uncertain level.

It depends on what you define an egg by. What laid it, or what hatches out of it. Personally I'd say what lay it, since Cuckoos lay eggs and then make other birds sit on them, aren't the birds sitting on the egg then convinced it is their own egg? However, the egg was laid by a cuckoo and will hatch out a cuckoo, so it is not quite the same. But in the mind of other bird, it is an egg that they laid.

But don't forget that in this case the hatching specimen has different properties (to some extend) from its parents...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?   Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» ''Amber Brown, You Can't Eat Your Chicken Pox.''

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAC :: GAC :: Locked Archive-
Jump to: