GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Lets Make a Better Spore!

Go down 
+16
Spyro4
Naboo9
Pat1196
Dark_Heroics
DarkStar
BurninatingFreez
Gelatino95
AgentAG
Excalibur42
DarkFish
Daxter
Dark_Plague
Mitchz95
camelfox
Kitty
Pintoz
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Daxter
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Daxter

Upvotes: : 0
Location : Everywhere, Nowhere, and absolutly somewhere (possibly about to kill you.

Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:43 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
HunterSondee wrote:
There could also be an online mode in which you can start a room for tribal stage for instance and other people can join and you start at the beginning and you have to go an kill or befriend the other people to win. And if you do befriend someone you can instantly attack them without warning. +2

I was thinking the same thing! Only my idea is for the space stage:

It takes place inside a small star cluster, with about fifty stars for every player (if there's two players, there are 100 stars; if there's three players, there are 150 stars, etc). The players start out with several colonies and a homeworld, as well as fleets (see Space Stage Improvements! on page 1). Throughout the set time period (anywhere from fifteen minutes to two hours) you must destroy the opposing empires. You can form temporary alliances with other players as you take on difficult enemies. Whoever has the most colonies at the end wins.

Great Idea! That is a great idea except 50 colonies are a lot. There should also be other alien empires (at tech level 1) for allying or taking over for more star systems
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
Daxter
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Daxter

Location : Everywhere, Nowhere, and absolutly somewhere (possibly about to kill you.

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:52 am

I wish that there would be more resources needed for stages (example: Tribal stage should have food, wood, and stone.) These items would help in for say making the game more realistic. I mean 25 food won't give you stone axes!. You should need wood and stone for stone axes and spears for example. The tribal editor should also have weapons that replace the bite, charge, strike, and spit (like in the captain editor) and should be able to use these in the tribal stage. You should also be able to go into first-person view instead of God view (the regular view) in which you can swap from each tribe members POV and switch back to god view.
Back to top Go down
Pat1196
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Pat1196

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 6:53 am

HunterSondee wrote:
Mitchz95 wrote:
HunterSondee wrote:
There could also be an online mode in which you can start a room for tribal stage for instance and other people can join and you start at the beginning and you have to go an kill or befriend the other people to win. And if you do befriend someone you can instantly attack them without warning. +2

It takes place inside a small star cluster, with about fifty stars for every player (if there's two players, there are 100 stars; if there's three players, there are 150 stars, etc). The players start out with several colonies and a homeworld, as well as fleets (see Space Stage Improvements! on page 1). Throughout the set time period (anywhere from fifteen minutes to two hours) you must destroy the opposing empires. You can form temporary alliances with other players as you take on difficult enemies. Whoever has the most colonies at the end wins.

Great Idea! That is a great idea except 50 colonies are a lot. There should also be other alien empires (at tech level 1) for allying or taking over for more star systems

50 planets is nothing dude... I have about 3,151... 50 is pocket-change in planets for me, just saying. rolle
I love the idea of an online Space Stage, though. happy.
Back to top Go down
Daxter
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Daxter

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:09 am

I think i already said this earlier on in this continuing thread but i'd like a survival part in the game for each stage in which you have to stay alive. For example:
1. Cell stage-you have to kill as many cells as you can before you die once.
2. Creature stage-you have to protect your nest-mates,your eggs, and yourself from neighboring creatures.
3. Tribal stage-You start off with 9 tribe members and 100 food and all the other tribes want to kill off your tribe and you have to survive for as long as you can.
4. Civ stage-you start off as 1 nation with one allied nation (if you're an economic nation its so you can get some weapons to protect yourself and have to protect yourself from an onslaught from the other nations as long as you can.
5. You get 5 systems and most of the weapons and you have to protect your systems for as long as you can.
All of your scores can get posted on spore.com IF you want to show off to your buddies.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:02 pm

HunterSondee wrote:
Mitchz95 wrote:
HunterSondee wrote:

I didn't mean each player has 50 colonies each, I meant that the number of stars in the game would depend on the number of players. There'd be maybe ten colonies per player.

Last edited by Mitchz95 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding my sig)
Back to top Go down
Daxter
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Daxter

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:54 pm

You should need to drink inside creature stage. If you don't for a long time your creature dies (due to their cells not being able to make energy for the creature to survive). I find that the game needs to be more realistic and your planet should have certain gases (for instance oxygen, carbon dioxide, and different types of gases) and if so in space stage when you do a GA you'll need a certain thing to breathe the right gas. I also think somebody posted this idea earlier but you should be able to create your planet (terrascore and how you came to that planet)
Another idea, you should have advanced behavior for your creature for say, you want to make an arm behave like a tail but still have the grasper ability and what archetypes your creature will only appear as in space stage (for example: only shaman, diplomat or zealot, etc) you should also add how your creature acts whenever they are met (for example: -2 or +1 when you first meet them or contact them.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:45 pm

HunterSondee wrote:
You should need to drink inside creature stage. If you don't for a long time your creature dies (due to their cells not being able to make energy for the creature to survive).
First of all, not all alien creatures need to be so similar to Earth creatures that they need to consume the same resources for energy. Maybe an alien species makes energy for itself in a different way, or maybe it doesn't need to consume energy at all.
Secondly, water can naturally found in fruits and meat. So when a creature is eating, it is already taking in water.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:51 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
HunterSondee wrote:
You should need to drink inside creature stage. If you don't for a long time your creature dies (due to their cells not being able to make energy for the creature to survive).
First of all, not all alien creatures need to be so similar to Earth creatures that they need to consume the same resources for energy. Maybe an alien species makes energy for itself in a different way, or maybe it doesn't need to consume energy at all.
Secondly, water can naturally found in fruits and meat. So when a creature is eating, it is already taking in water.

Or it is just Spore, it dosn't have to be realistic.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Additional Stages   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:05 am

Here's an idea. Between each of the five current stages are optional stages: aquatic, neanderthal, medieval, and exploration. If you choose to play them, you'll have a significant advantage in the next stages.

The Aquatic Stage: once you complete Cell Stage, you can choose to either skip to the Creature Stage or continue evolving as an aquatic creature. This would be similar to the Creature Stage, only you'd live underwater.

The Neanderthal Stage: once you complete Creature Stage, you can choose to either skip to the Tribal Stage or become a nomadic caveman. You'd wander around your world, making discoveries every now and then. Once you've made enough discoveries (and of course encountered more of your kind) you advance to Tribal.

The Medieval Stage: once you complete Tribal Stage, you can choose to either skip to the Civ Stage or become a Medieval Kingdom. In Medieval, you control a city like those in Civ but smaller and not as advanced. You'd have to grow crops for your kingdom, establish outposts, and manage crime. Every now and then, another kingdom will rise and you must either defeat them or ally them. Once you've allied or destroyed five kingdoms you can advance to Civ. I know that sounds a lot like tribal, but I'll detail some changes to that in a later post.

The Exploration Stage*: once you complete Civ Stage, you can choose to either skip to the Space Stage or continue advancing your technology. You'd have to gradually explore your home solar system and ensure the well-being of your race. Once you become a Type-I species, you enter Space Stage with an intersteller starship.

* Bad name, I know, but hopefully they'll think of something better.

Last edited by Mitchz95 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding my sig)
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:57 am

Those are some very good ideas, Mitch. Especially the Exploration stage! (Maybe it could be called Solar stage?) It never has made sense to me how as soon as you invent space travel, you start going interstellar. We humans have had space travel for a while, and have barely made it outside our own moon.

In the Ex stage, you could explore and colonize the other planets in your solar system, giving you an advantage when you reach Space stage, since you'll already have some colonized planets. Maybe you'll be able to explore the gas giant in your solar system, since they're so useless in the normal Space stage.

On that note, I think that if you decide to go to an optional stage, then there should be benefits that you can't normally have from skipping the stage. One benefit, like I said before, would be that in the Ex stage, you can colonize planets in your solar system before Space stage. Another example might be that in aquatic stage, you can get more creature parts that you wouldn't normally have in Creature stage.
Back to top Go down
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:06 am

Maybe it could be called the Space Race like it was called on Earth. Those are great ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
Here's an idea. Between each of the five current stages are optional stages: aquatic, neanderthal, medieval, and exploration. If you choose to play them, you'll have a significant advantage in the next stages.

The Aquatic Stage: once you complete Cell Stage, you can choose to either skip to the Creature Stage or continue evolving as an aquatic creature. This would be similar to the Creature Stage, only you'd live underwater.

The Neanderthal Stage: once you complete Creature Stage, you can choose to either skip to the Tribal Stage or become a nomadic caveman. You'd wander around your world, making discoveries every now and then. Once you've made enough discoveries (and of course encountered more of your kind) you advance to Tribal.

The Medieval Stage: once you complete Tribal Stage, you can choose to either skip to the Civ Stage or become a Medieval Kingdom. In Medieval, you control a city like those in Civ but smaller and not as advanced. You'd have to grow crops for your kingdom, establish outposts, and manage crime. Every now and then, another kingdom will rise and you must either defeat them or ally them. Once you've allied or destroyed five kingdoms you can advance to Civ. I know that sounds a lot like tribal, but I'll detail some changes to that in a later post.

The Exploration Stage*: once you complete Civ Stage, you can choose to either skip to the Space Stage or continue advancing your technology. You'd have to gradually explore your home solar system and ensure the well-being of your race. Once you become a Type-I species, you enter Space Stage with an intersteller starship.

Awesome Ideas Mitchz. Only if Maxis/EA would do THIS and drop the Darkspore crap.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:34 am

Gamer027 wrote:
Mitchz95 wrote:

Awesome Ideas Mitchz. Only if Maxis/EA would do THIS and drop the Darkspore crap.

here, here, I agree
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Fix"D by Gamer027 (Reason: Was making the page to long.)

I won't judge if Darkspore is crap before it's realesed. But i'm sure EAxis has a reason for all this.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:13 pm

yeah. to make money
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Lol.

No, i mena they must have a reason for not making any expansions!
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:51 pm

I think they're very misled, they think this is what people want. or, maybe it's easier to make darkspore and since it's a spore thing, everyone will want it.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:07 pm

True, True...
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Can people please stop quoting unnecessarily? It's making the page all long and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Gelatino95 wrote:
Can people please stop quoting unnecessarily? It's making the page all long and stuff.
Indeed.

At the sporum it's called a "Pyramid" so that's a good little nickname for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:15 am

To keep this thread a happy place I edited all the pyamid posts.

-Gamer027
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Gamer027 wrote:
To keep this thread a happy place I edited all the pyamid posts.

-Gamer027
Good.

Wait, EA's can edit posts? -___-
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Stay on-topic!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 pm

Let's try to get back on topic, people! We can discuss pyramids in another thread.

Last edited by Mitchz95 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding my sig)
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:48 am

How about finally realessing the Spore Flora expansion pack. It was spoposed to come out this year, but pushed back for some reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:28 am

This thread has inspired an adventure series All your ideas and such will be used and I will give HUGE credit. No infomation will be gived at this time but, I will tell you this: It's inspired by this thread and your ideas so that may give you a little idea of what the series is. And also it will most likely have over 100 adventures so it's a HUGE series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets Make a Better Spore!   Lets Make a Better Spore! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets Make a Better Spore!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next