GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!

Go down 
+14
3D
IsakTheWriter
-NOX-
Potatrobot
DarkStar
Ferrety
Darkshadow
Epsilon
Gelatino95
Talvox
Dark_Plague
DRaGO
Kitty
Delta
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Empty
PostSubject: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:28 am

Arrangements for Game Night are generally informal at this point: we talk a lot on Skype, but post here or on Steam and we can give you the low-down on what we're up to — the timing is almost always 10pm GMT on Saturday.

Now, I've always had a lot of fun gaming with you guys, and what I think would be great is to put together something more organised: a thread where we can share games with each-other and co-ordinate on playing together at a loosely-set date and time.

The vision is that if we can decide on a day and rough timeslot for a session, perhaps the same one every week or else shifting as necessary, we can pitch each-other ideas for games to play and put them to the vote on the day before the chosen date. If this works, we'll be able to know in advance who's joining us rather than, as we of Steam-folk do, suddenly send messages to everyone we know only to find that half of them are busy and the other half would rather be somewhere else. Another added bonus would be in introducing each-other to new things we might not have previously considered — there are, I am certain, enough free-to-play and actually-free games out there to sustain us should we burn out on the Games All The Cool Kids Own (L4D2, TF2, Minecraft...).

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in giving a shot, post a reply with what times you'd be free and which, of those, would be ideal for you (let's say, to pull a number out of the air, that we need roughly 2 hours 30 for a good session, which isn't to stop people from sticking around longer). Don't forget to add what time zone you're working from (bonus points for putting it into GMT)!

Me, I'm generally free from 8.30pm - midnight GMT if I'm being sensible, and roughly 6pm to God-only-knows on Friday and Saturday (let's say no later than 1am on Sunday; which is sometimes a blatant lie but I still like to pretend that I know Monday exists). An ideal slot for me would be 8pm to midnight GMT on Saturday.

The current time in GMT, for reference:
Quote :

—The Rules—

1. Voting closes at the end of Thursday; post your top six games before then!

2. If you really want to play a certain game or really don't want to go near another, tell us why before the voting closes; it'll make a difference!

3. Once the votes have been collected there shall likely follow a post detailing what you will need to / benefit from doing in preparation — this probably just means installing the game, making sure it works and maybe doing the tutorial, but keep an eye on the thread!

4. The default time for game night is 10pm to 0.30am GMT on Saturday. If you are unable to attend or won't be able to stick around for the full slot, please make a post informing us as soon as possible, and suggest a different time or day that would be better for you. If enough of us can't make the day/time, we'll change it!

5. If you can't join us for the whole session, you've said so on the thread and we still end up playing at the same time, it would be great if you could still join us for however long you can manage.

5. At the designated starting time join the GAC Steam group chat, from which the game will be coordinated. If you are in the Steam group already, you can find your way to the chat by opening your friends list, then going to the 'groups' tab, clicking the arrow next to the GAC group's heading and selecting 'join group chat room'. If you're not in the GAC steam group yet, go here to join!

Game choices
The games mentioned so far on this thread are the following:

- Dungeon Defenders [Limit: 4/6 player]
- Sanctum [Limit: 4 player]
- L4D2 [Limit: 8 player]
- Garry's mod [Extra content may be required]
- Planetside 2 [Free-to-play]
- Alien Swarm [Free] [Limit: 4 player]
- Moonbase Alpha [Free] [Limit: 6 player]
- Blacklight Retribution [Free-to-play]
- Gotham City Imposters [Free-to-play]
- No More Room In Hell [Source Mod] [Limit: 8 player]
- Zombie Panic Source [Source Mod]
- Terraria
- Minecraft
- Magicka [Limit: 4 player]
- TF2 [Free-to-play]
- Desperate Gods [Free] [Limit: 4 player]
- Rig of Rods [Free]
- Space Station 13 [Free] [Mac compatibility complicated]
- The Hidden [Source Mod]
- Toribash [Free]
- Halo 4 [Xbox]
- Warframe [Free-to-play] [Limit: 4 player]

If you would like to join us please post your top six choices, which may or may not be drawn from the list above, numbered in order of preference. The game with the best score, once all votes have been collected, will be what we play on the day — even if you don't have a great number of preferences, at least give us an idea of what titles pique your interest! Don't know what a game is? Ask here, or google it!

Users
- Delta
- Kitty
- Drago
- Dark_Plague
- Talvox
- Epsilon
- Ferrety
- DarkStar
- NOX
- Darkshadow
- RazorKnight
- IsakTheWriter
- 3D
- AgentAG

Last edited by Delta on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:27 pm; edited 119 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:44 am

In GMT, I'm (usually) available from about 10 PM to 11AM on Fridays and Saturdays.
(which equates to 8am - 9pm Saturdays and Sundays in Queensland time)

As for games we could play, from the top of my head I can think of
- Dungeon Defenders (cmon guys, we still don't have any crystals!)
- Sanctum
- L4D2
- Garry's mod

Last edited by Kitty on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:27 am

Luvit

I'm in EST, as probably quite a few of you know, and I'm generally available on weekdays from 9PM to 3AM GMT, and on Saturday I can be around from 4PM to 3AM, meaning that I'm not online for that whole stretch of time, but I can be if we're planning something. I get some pretty frequent last-minute schedule changes, so it's possible I won't be able to make it to some get-togethers because of that.

As for game suggestions, I'm by far most active on the Minecraft front, so naturally I'm going to re-suggest Project Ares. I also think it would be fun to play a few rounds of the Survival Games using the first two maps, for nostalgia's sake. :P Dunno if Plague would be willing to host, or if cam is still roaming around, but I still think it would be great fun to play them again, and with as large a group as possible.

As for other suggestions, I think jumping into an empty Hidden server is still a great idea. I did think of another game not yet mentioned: Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II. It's a free game that's a bit old in age, but still quite fun to play. There are generally a lot of empty servers, so we wouldn't have an issue with that front.

Looking forward to seeing where this is going. razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:45 am

Kitty wrote:
As for games we could play, from the top of my head I can think of
- Dungeon Defenders (cmon guys, we still don't have any crystals!)
- Sanctum
- L4D2
- Garry's mod

On the subject of Dungeon Defenders, The Humble Bundle with Android 5 just landed, so for the next two weeks you'll be able to get the game with every single piece of DLC for under $8 (currently $6.50) — definitely worth it. Wizard
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:58 am

DRaGO wrote:

As for game suggestions, I'm by far most active on the Minecraft front, so naturally I'm going to re-suggest Project Ares. I also think it would be fun to play a few rounds of the Survival Games using the first two maps, for nostalgia's sake. :P Dunno if Plague would be willing to host, or if cam is still roaming around, but I still think it would be great fun to play them again, and with as large a group as possible.

Did I hear the call of the plague? and yes, I could be able to host. Depends on what times. I'm open from 10:30 AM-5:30PM for games and server hosting on Saturdays and Sundays.
Friday, I'm open from 3:30PM - 11:00PM for games and hosting.
Im in GMT -5, I should mention.

Also some other games to add to the list:
-Planetside 2 (if you got a decent pc for it)
-Alien Swarm
-MOONBASE ALPHA
-Blacklight Retribution
-Garry's Mod (There's tons of gamemodes to play there)
-Gotham Imposters
-No More Room In Hell
-Zombie Panic Source

Anything in italic is what I highly recommend.

Back to top Go down
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice
Talvox

Upvotes: : 2

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:17 am

Lol, I should've stated what time I'm ready to do Game night, but I didn't know what Timezone I was. Until now. Heheh.
So, I'm GMT -7.
I'm available (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday) from 3:00 PM to 7:45 PM.
On Wednesday, 2:00 PM to 7:45 PM.
Friday from 3:00 PM to 8:45 PM.
Saturday, it's either 8:00 or 9:00 AM to 8:45 PM.
Sunday, from 8:00 or 9:00 AM to 11:45 AM, and 4:00 PM to 7:45 PM.

(Since I seem to be following a pattern here, games I suggest are next.)

-Left 4 Dead 2
-Terraria
-Minecraft
-Magicka (lol, like no one plays that anymore)
-Sanctum
-Dungeon Defenders

Following Plague, anyything in Italics is something I'd be more likely to play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Taladox
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:15 am

If anyone is confused about their time zones, just use this to find out what your time would be.

Also if we need more games to play, how about
- Team Fortress 2
- Minecraft (Maybe we could try some mods? I've got a few suggestions for mods we could try)
- Desperate Gods (C'mon, it'll be funny)
- Terraria
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:07 am

If you guys are playing Minecraft, you could always try Tekkit. I've heard good things about that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:12 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
If you guys are playing Minecraft, you could always try Tekkit. I've heard good things about that.
leik zomg tekkit uses mods w/o permishun, feed thte beast is wat evryone is doing rite now
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:22 am

Since I have nothing to do during my school spare today, I made a table in Excel (probably the only time I've ever used that program in my life) to show how everyone's times stack up on Saturdays, assuming everyone converted their times correctly.

Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Table_zpsb54262bd
(Yes, I know I've put 12pm twice but you get the idea)

Looking at the table, either I've entered the info wrong, or some people may not have converted their times correctly.

Last edited by Kitty on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:23 am

Tala's in GMT-7, which means to convert it into GMT you need to add seven hours — similarly for Plague in GMT-5.
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:38 am

I'm available 24/7, providing I have reason for staying up so stupidly late.

I keep going on about Rigs of Rods. It's a free physics gubbin with multiplayer. I've always found crashing into every other car I see remarkably fun. Fortunately, the graphics are so bad the specs end up very low.

Well, it's there if you want it.

Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:20 pm

I'd be up for this. I'm usually available 24/7 on saturdays and sometimes sundays. I don't really have any suggestions for games that haven't already been said though

Gelatino95 wrote:
Tekkit is really fun when you have a decent amount of people playing, so that could be good
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 am

So, can I please get an actual time from you two? Because I can't add you to the roster if you don't.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 am

You know what, I think i'm open for saturday a bit longer. extend it to 12PM.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:42 am

Did you convert your times to GMT or do I have to do it?
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:35 am

guuurl, just keep adding times up to 12AM on your table, since you left me at 17. So basically, just continue it 'till I hit 24.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:09 am

That doesn't answer my question. Do you know what GMT is?
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:30 am

Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Table_10

This.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:47 am

Okay, updated. Still waiting on other to confirm their times.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 4:44 am

Currently it looks to me like the 2.5 hour timeslots that fit the most people are 10pm to 0.30am GMT on Friday or Saturday — the former seems to exclude Darkshadow and the latter Plague, unless either of you would like to verify otherwise?

Game-wise, I'm going to pitch Space Station 13 and The Hidden — it's been a while since I dusted off The Hidden, but if we could get a server running (Plague?) it'd be a lot of fun. Happy.

As for SS13, I'll quote an earlier post:

Spoiler:
Have some amusingly-named burgers while you're at it.
I'm familiar with the owner of the server, so if we go for SS13 I might be able to ensure he's around to keep an eye on things. Happy.

Last edited by Delta on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 4:52 am

I'll gladly tag along as long as we don't get the same result as the LAST time I played. I dunno what was going on there. o__o
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:19 am

With an administrator online griefing is a non-issue, so no worries. Joyful
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:10 am

I'm all for Hidden if Plague gets a server running. If not, I'll try SS13, but I'm still wary from my previous experience with it... :/

EDIT: So, would we do this tomorrow (Saturday) or next weekend?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 2:15 pm

I think it'll have to be next week — at this point I don't think we have enough time to make sure everyone has a say in what we play for this week, and I'd still like a response from Plague / Darkshadow on timing. razz

I think it's time to start assembling a list of games to vote on — I can either put up a multiple choice poll for voting, when we get there, or we can all make a post with the our preferences ranked by number, and pick the one with the lowest total score in the end.

Current list of games mentioned:

- Dungeon Defenders [Limit: See below]
- Sanctum [Limit: 4 player]
- L4D2 [Limit: 4 player]
- Garry's mod [Extra content may be required, see below]
- Planetside 2 [Free-to-play]
- Alien Swarm [Free] [Limit: 4 player]
- Moonbase Alpha [Free] [Limit: 6 player]
- Blacklight Retribution [Free-to-play]
- Gotham City Imposters [Free-to-play]
- No More Room In Hell [Source Mod]
- Zombie Panic Source [Source Mod]
- Terraria
- Minecraft
- Magicka [Limit: 4 player]
- TF2 [Free-to-play]
- Desperate Gods [Free] [Limit: 4 player]
- Rig of Rods [Free]
- Space Station 13 [Free]
- The Hidden [Source Mod]

—The limit on most Dungeon Defenders maps is four players, but there are a few that go as high as six or eight — I'd have to check, however, to see if cranking the difficulty down makes them easy enough to use low-level characters.
—Many Gmod maps require content from other source games such as HL2 Episodes 1 and 2, TF2 and Portal; players without the required content mounted will suffer from bugged objects / textures.

Of this list, Planetside 2 is the only one that I literally couldn't play on account of not having the specs for it. The ones I know very little about are Desperate Gods, Zombie Panic Source, No More Room in Hell (though I've seen snippets of game footage) and Gotham City Imposters.

Last edited by Delta on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!   Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT! Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Night — Every Saturday at 10pm GMT!
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next