GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--

Go down 
+3
Delta
Potatrobot
Kitty
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

Upvotes: : 18

sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Empty
PostSubject: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:15 am

sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Sentai10

------Welcome to Paradisia.

Spoiler:

------MAP
Spoiler:
------Character Sheet Information

Spoiler:
------COMBAT
Spoiler:
------RULES:

Spoiler:
------CURRENT CHARACTERS:

Spoiler:

------HELLPEDIA:
CHAPTER 1:

Last edited by Terwynd on Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:27 am; edited 30 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:41 pm

I'd love to join, but I have NO idea if this character fits into this RP or not. I just randomly thought of this thing and tried to make it work, so feel free to tell me if this is too stupid.

Username: Kitty
Character Name: None, but the other angels call him Malus
Archetype: Fanatic
Weapon Specialization: A spike sheild and a cat-o-nine-tails. He also has a very powerful kick and headbutt attack.
Personality: Sarcastic, cocky, unfriendly towards those he doesn't know.
Past Life: While mortal, Malus was taken away from his home by a vicious gang of bandits. He was to be sold off to the black market as a slave, but when he tried to fight back, he only managed to wound a few of the gang members before he was mecilessly slaughtered. As an additonal insult, his body was hacked into bits and buired amoungst the leftovers of whatever the gang had for dinner that night. When his spirit was selected to fight alongside the the angels, his body, at the time, was jumbled up with one of a half-eaten goat, so his celestral form came out a bit...odd.
Visual references:
Spoiler:

Also some additional info: He has a facination with alcoholic beverages, and anything that tastes of salt (such as halite or Pringles).
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:37 am

Yep. That'll work just fine. I'm interested to see what you'll do with the Radiation + Cat-o-Nine-tails combo; it sounds like an amazing combination.

Adding you now...
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm just going to post this because I feel bad about watching this RP get cut by the sprout.

What you have is a fantastic concept, Ter, and you've implemented it flawlessly. However, you've sown your seeds on concrete. The GAC isn't as active as it used to be when Spore was still the fun thing to do. It's gotten a lot slower, and a load of its members have gone skidattle. A lot of those members were also interested in roleplays. While I am myself, I'm already taking part in two roleplays, one I'm co-hosting and another I'm just playing in. I'm also in year twelve now, so I simply do not have the time to hold three roleplays above water.

I do however think that this is too good a concept to waste, so I strongly suggest you find a more attentive forum to host it on. I can only suggest the RPA.
http://role-player.net/forum/forum.php
It's dedicated to roleplaying, and there's a simple category system that keeps everything in several broad contexts. I'm also a member on there, under the same name, so you'll have a tour guide should you need one, should you choose to take my advise.

Adieu
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Sentain has been revamped, as you can tell from the title. On the course of this RP, I have made mistakes; my timing was awful, I rushed out an OP, and gave poor examples on how to start and zero information about the combat mechanics. Through a month's work, I have fixed these mistakes.

Character sheets will be open for a long time, and I'll only set a concrete deadline for the beginning of the RP if more than 4 people join, so don't rush it. 
All characters created now will automatically be entered in for the opening Tour. This tour will last 1, maybe 2 days depending on time zone posting issues, so I'm going to have to ask for what times (in 0 GMT) you would be available for tour posting to be posted in your character sheet, much like how Game Night did it, along with what days you WON'T be available. I personally have a job and understand the importance of being at one, so I will never make a tour schedule that interferes with that.

So with that, I leave you with the new OP to follow along with. I am free to answer any of your questions.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:28 am

Looks like you've put a lot of effort into the combat system — it's very interesting, but also complicated. Wondering I'll admit I'm kinda on the fence about joining, but it inspired me to look into existing diceless RPG systems. Happy. I might even put up a thread at some point and try running something short, as an experiment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:36 pm

sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- 24551_l

Last edited by Kitty on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:45 pm

sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- 827687-aussie-meat-pie-and-sauce

Last edited by Potatrobot on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 3:03 am

sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Meatpie9-721060

Last edited by Kitty on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:16 am

@Kitty
Delta wrote:
...it's very interesting, but also complicated.
This, in essence, I believe sums up why Potato had said he didn't have time. The advantage of Delta's RP is that it's simpler and more flexible from what I could tell. Additionally, it's already got a story built up somewhat and is acting more as an experiment, so the only thing to get used to is the diceless system of RPing.
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 4:38 am

sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Recipes_prepare_meat_pie_filling_large

Last edited by Kitty on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:16 am

sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- 986131-pie

Last edited by Potatrobot on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:23 am

I am sorry I encroached on this thread's share of attention with my hella-huge OP — reading through this thread's OP a couple nights ago suddenly started some gears turning in my head, and after I started adding onto what I'd read online I was partly incensed by the principles behind it and partly just had to get it out of my system, no pun intended. I genuinely expected the Diceless thread to be shot down more for how frikkin' big it is.

There are still really no guarantees the system I'm using won't turn out to be more of a pain in the butt than it's worth — what I've done is converted a system designed to be used with a group of people face-to-face to try and suit a medium where that level of instantaneous response is generally unfeasible, and that's why I don't want to try and launch straight into an RP that could go on for months. The other reason is my own availability, which may soon become less ubiquitous than it has been in the past few weeks.

The plan is to take some time to see how character creation works out — and with something new like this, that does in itself take time — then take those characters and the system for a spin in an RP planned to only last a couple weeks: something that, whilst potentially representative of a small part of NR's overall campaign, would remain self-contained. This would allow us to reach a definite end in good time and pause to decide whether the system is worth using and my own ability and inclination to run a longer RP make it feasible to carry on. It's quite possible that by that point I'll be eye-deep in other things and won't have the time or motivation left over to conduct a longer game, at least not until late August or October.
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:27 am

@Kitty

Delta wrote:
...My current goal with this thread is to test the water — to try out the character creation process and, assuming that goes well and we have a handful of players, run an RP that hopefully won't take more than a couple weeks: long enough to test the mechanics...
Delta wrote:
...That's a lot of info, which is why I'm rather tentative about straight-up launching an RP using it, but the idea is that once the characters are created it becomes relatively easy to play...
Seems like the language would suggest it's an experiment, but w/e take it as you will.

I don't see your point anyhow. So what if people prefer to use Delta's RP system? Forgive the term, but this seems like extremist hipsterism, namely that you're saying Terry came up with the system first and now it's not cool that people are showing more interest in Delta's version...or did I misunderstand?
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:40 am

sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM9pPu0nyVT5G0lrzzCDN-qZYeNUE-Eju-ldYFnF6mgo5z6f7L

Last edited by Kitty on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:43 am

Ninja'd by Kitty for the most part, but:

@3D: I believe the point is that it's 'not cool' because I kinda sorta maybe posted my huge-ass thread, like, a day after Ter posted his — in the wake of a long dry-spell in the RP section, and the result is that it's drawn attention away (though admittedly we'll never know how much attention it would have gotten if I hadn't). Disregarding their relative merits, I could perhaps have proceeded with a little more tact. sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- 402878What I endeavour to explain in my last post is why I didn't, and by extension in what ways we should feel the two threads are not in direct competition. Happy.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 5:57 am

Kitty wrote:
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM9pPu0nyVT5G0lrzzCDN-qZYeNUE-Eju-ldYFnF6mgo5z6f7L

sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Meat_pie

Last edited by Potatrobot on Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:56 pm

I have an announcement to make on the RP, which you can find below the giant red line made of underscores, but I have to address something first, as I quote a post made by Loon in Blackstar; Enough, girls, you're both delicious.

I would way prefer you guys take this bakery nonsense elsewhere, like, right now, you're cluttering my OOC thread and needlessly publicizing flavours that we all know exist. If you want to argue about it, get the hell out of my thread and take it to the SkPiepe channel, this thread is for posting character sheets and discussing IC events inside said RP, not for you guys to argue over something way off the icing. I'll say my piece-of-cake about this whole thing if you want me to, but I'm not going to do it here.

So stop it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Now with that out of the way, on to business:

I'm setting a concrete deadline for character sheets; Friday, July 5th. This gives any of you guys wanting to join the RP 7 days to submit your sheets, to which the RP will start on Monday, July 8th. Late entries will be ignored due to tour planning, but will be put into the RP after the first tour is over. for tour reasons, you need to give me your availability times for regular posting for Monday and Tuesday so that I know when to initiate our first tour.

Last edited by Terwynd on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler-ed to protect people's sanity.

Last edited by Epsilon on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 5:47 am

So apparently this message didn't post properly the first time, so here it is again, I guess:

Alright, Our Deadline has been reached and we have a total of 3 people. Not exactly a big amount, but we'll make do. The RP will begin on Monday, but due to my spastic work schedule, I won't start our first tour till Sunday of next week.

I will need your availability times for that day as well as the Monday after it in case it runs on for that day so that I know when to put events and break periods for the tour. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Hey Terry.
sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Meat-pie11

Username: Potatrobot
Character Name: Krista
Archetype: Wraith
Weapon Specialization: Walther police pistol cross bonesaw, and another one.
Forgive the dodgy outline:
Personality: Refined, only moderately compassionate, and somewhat emotionally detached. Traits of the Nazi regime are still present.
Past Life: Krista was a nurse serving the Third Reich in the second world war, and was herself involved in the widespread euthanasia programs that the Fuehrer initiated. The taking of lives 'unworthy of life' came naturally to her in both theory and practise, and lead to her euthanising dozens of severely ill or handicapped soldiers on the battlefield. It was, after all, in the pursuit of releasing them from their suffering, and keeping seriously ill people alive was against the basic principles of nature.
She was killed in action by a stray bullet during the downfall of the Third Reich.
Visual references:
I'm so glad that other people can draw things:

Last edited by Potatrobot on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 6:08 pm

You're late, but since we don't have that many members, I'll let'cha slide under that deadline. You're in.
also that pic is awesome
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:47 am

At the moment I'm trying to get a bearing on what it's like to talk with a German accent, so that I can convey that to writing. Granted I don't want to make Krista's dialogue unreadable (writing a German accent can do that) but I do want to keep it realistic within reason. It's just a matter of how far I can take it before the words become unrecognisable.

Or if it's even necessary at all. What do you guys think?

This is the page I just skimmed through. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Type-and-Talk-With-a-German-Accent/#intro
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:41 am

I've already got a Romanian-speaking goat.

I'd say that it'd be fine, as long as it's used sparingly and the written words don't turn into other words (eg. the "thought" becomes "sought" example), because that can get pretty confusing very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:08 am

Yeah, that's where I was going to draw the line. Using Zed for spoken th sounds is fine, such as 'zis', but using an S for unspoken th often gets confusing. Think becomes sink, and as you said, thought becomes sought.

I'll probably use just that, and the Vs in place of double-u.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--   sentain - Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE-- Empty

Back to top Go down

Sentain OOC --ONE CHARACTER SLOT AVAILABLE--
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next