GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Nerrone's Rangers OOC

Go down 
+4
IsakTheWriter
Hutch
PrincessNintendo
Potatrobot
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:55 am

Hutch wrote:
I think we should beat someone to death with Rhak's arm.

Hutch = genius.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:27 am

I nominate Delta. Remember all those horrible things he did to us at Sapphire Point! oh my!
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:36 am

Delta, we're going to beat you around with the wet end of Rhak's severed, blistered and decayed arm.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:03 pm

I always knew one day you'd take up arms against me.

...I won't make it easy for you though: I'm skilled in unarmed combat.

Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Then the arms race has begun.

Edit: About that streamline thing. It doesn't really bother me. It's just a feeling, but when I think about it, it is actually very good.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:57 pm

OK then, the areas which I feel were streamlined was the entire Sapphire Point ordeal. Everyone was eager to get off Las Thaddas, just to get their characters paid and ready for a new planet with a new mission, when suddenly it is dragged out by Sapphire Point.

There were times within that, as well, I think. The robot fight was nice and interesting. What really stands out as streamlining are the attempts to take out the Sword and stop the orbital weapon. While everybody tried to have their characters take action to accomplish these things, they were consistently denied as if to say 'No, not like that.' Flank shooting down the Sword, for instance. That went awry for no apparent reason, speaking from a player's perspective, not the character's. The build up seemed to fit, it was down to the last straw, the victory would have been well earned, but apparently it was not to be.

This telegraphed that you were planning for something to happen that tied in with something that happened earlier in the RP, like the Sentinel, or those guys on the Ponderra, but it just turned out to be some delaying tactic, when really the plot would have advanced just as well if Flank did knock the Sword about a bit.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:21 pm

I had hoped we'd already covered that particular instance, but I do see where you're coming from. razz I rebuffed your attempt to shoot down the Sword, to mean no offence, because the idea's execution was conceptually ridiculous, as I established on page 51 of this thread, rather than because I do not think it would have been narratively fitting (which it would have been, assuming it didn't break willing suspension of disbelief).

From my perspective, everything was going relatively well until the eleventh post on this page. As a GM, what I then saw was this:

Also, could you remind me of the other times where other characters' attempts to resolve the situation were rebuffed? Happy.
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:19 pm

As I've stated up there, it is really more of a feeling. But when you actually think about it, all those rebuffs makes sense.
Also, Delta's intellegence(of posts) has reached to the answer of Life, the Universe and Everything.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:41 am

Good God it has. You are wise beyond your years, Delta.
I thought that the battle with Azure seemed dragged out, but it made sense to say that he put up a fight and that he didn't get shot in the head, since he was a professional assassin and we needed the visor. It was just that for some reason, a miniature FlaK cannon got less accurate the closer the target was?

That's just about it because, apart from the security forces on Las Thaddas, I haven't been involved with much more combat than that of Sapphire Point, and the plot seems to have moved on well.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:44 am

Yeah, it's true Azure had to have some serious bullet-dodge-fu to make a competent 'boss-fight' as a fragile speedster armed primarily with melee weapons, which may have been stretching it at times. Happy. The way I picture it in my head is that aiming down a scope at a sideways-moving target gets exponentially more difficult when the target is only a few meters away. Video games taught me this, therefore it must be true! Or else I just suck at FPS games. Or both! Can we go with both? ._.

If anyone else has any feedback for me on the RP so far and how it's been run, good or bad, this'd be a good time for me to hear it since soon I am going to be cutting down on my free time. Joyful
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:02 am

For future reference, Flank's cannon is hooked directly up to his brain, so it moves like another limb, albeit one with a scope. It goes without saying that a movement command goes straight to the cannon's motors rather than to the thumb, into the analogue stick, then into the weapon. Therefore Flank's cannon gets a speed advantage over FPS game weapons razz

Other than that, the roleplay has been quite epic. I enjoyed reading the moment in which the Rangers on the Ponderra all storm out and take the Coalition by surprise, particularly when Crank appears. Since it was the first time I had even beheld an RP before, this was my thought process at the time:

What is this?! What is this awesome thing and why am I not in it?! Ah mah Gahd that was sah epic! Do it again!

There's always that feeling of unfamiliarity when one first reads a roleplay that has already been going for some time in which one has no idea what the plot is, where the characters are and what they're doing, it just seems so epic. But when you're up to speed, it seems so different. That's what I felt before I read the entire OP only to join during the Las Thaddas mission. Now, I think the RP could do with another planet, possibly a few more players. Maybe I could introduce my second character after all.

I think the best roleplaying moments were when the players did what they wanted so long as there was a basic goal in mind. Shopping in SF, for example. The message was 'go nuts, just be here by whenever.' Since everything since then has been on a linear path, we haven't had much time to develop characters.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:37 pm

^ That analysis sounds about right.

What we need to do now is get off Ariid. That's one thing that I didn't really like - we just finish that near-impossible mission at Las Thaddas, we're all pumped to get off Ariid and do something else...and then we get another Ariid mission. That's where things slowed down, forcing people to throw random fights into the story to keep interest.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Understood. Wizard Rest assured, I have no more unpleasant surprises planned for Ariid.

EDIT: Also, regarding the weapon Flank is currently putting together, I think we should come to an agreement on what its capabilities and limitations are — considering how much firepower Flank is toting already. razz
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Can we make a shopping spree next on our agenda? I think we all need to restock on supplies, ammo, and weapons.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:09 am

I was making the plasma... cannon? not sure what to call it. Anyway, only making it as a personal project and for character development, besides occasional use, but sure. He could let Dagon use it, because I swear he has never hit a single thing with his rifle.

Although we'll have to wait until he finishes it for me to get a bearing of what it's capable of, since the construction process will have developments as to its capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:39 am

For a while now I've had in mind a potential alternative (or possibly addition) to using money to buy weapon upgrades and suchlike, so I thought I'd share the idea since we're approaching a point at which its implementation would be appropriate:

In essence how it would work is that everyone in the team is allowed to choose a single upgrade or addition to their loadout after a major mission — things like new secondary weapons, weapon modifications that allow for status effects, or other pieces of equipment that have temporary effects with a limited use — such as stims that temporarily increase speed / strength / endurance but have negative side-effects if overused, or a blaster power boost module that allows ten shots with extra armour-penetrating power (needing an hour to recharge afterwards).

This would also apply to the ship, allowing one major upgrade (such as a module allowing a temporary speed boost, or a new weapon) or two minor upgrades (such as upgrades to the vessel's sensors or improvements to aspects of the engine or weapons).

I've got a provisional list of items written up on the NR MASTER TEXT DOCUMENT OF DOOM, so tell me what you think. Happy.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 3:17 am

I think it's a good idea, that's what I think. Then again, I like anything that beefs Flank up. I'll think of something balanced. We still have to go back to SF to get the payment, though, don't we? I'll use that time to request the schematics so that I can logically make this weapon without the use of instant magic or drunk science.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Anyone else have any response to this idea?
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Nah, just me razz
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:59 pm

I think it sound pretty good.

How exactly do we get these upgrades? Do we kitbash them on the Lacuna, or do we have to go to a city to buy them?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:30 pm

Something closer to the latter, I think. Happy.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm going on vacation for the next week or two, if anyone would like to take control of Grey, feel free to do so.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:02 am

Dark_potato57 wrote:
It reminded Flank that they were still supposed to get pain for the sabotage mission on Las Thaddas

I think you meant "paid". razz

And I'm also going away, but just till Friday.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 2:29 am

Dammit, everyone is going away. I guess this whole 'summer holiday' bit is just something people have to get out of their systems, like a nasty cold. razz I'll be right here talking to my sock puppets until you're all done frolicking merrily in the sun. >:U
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:37 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
Dark_potato57 wrote:
It reminded Flank that they were still supposed to get pain for the sabotage mission on Las Thaddas

I think you meant "paid". razz

No, I definitely mean pain. They must be punished. I'll edit that post now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers OOC   Nerrone's Rangers OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers OOC
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next