GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

"PIPA/SOPA"

Go down 
+15
Pintoz
ReFrostE
Terwynd
Talvox
Dory01
IsakTheWriter
Lazernugget
Mitchz95
Hutch
-NOX-
Darkshadow
Kitty
Drew
Gelatino95
DRaGO
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:06 pm

It's kicked up again because Congress is voting on one of the bills on the 24th of January, so it's pretty important that we get as many people on the bandwagon as we possibly can, because on the 24th, we want our arguments to be loud and clear and fresh in the minds US senators.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and your argument does make a good amount of sense. The problem J's that it'll do more than damage the Internet, it'll kill jobs, and bang up the US economy further. And considering that we're still in a bad spot in terms of our eceonomy, that can't happen. As the big day comes up, people are scrambling to rally more support, and to them, getting in the way of peoples everyday lives seems to be the best way of doing it.

Still seems kind of silly that they would also keep a non US users locked out too just seems silly, though
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm not going to get too hurt by this since I'm living at the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. But this seems really... Wierd. It have worked out this far hasn't it? And now they come in with this.
I hate politicians...
Back to top Go down
Dory01
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Dory01

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:14 pm

IsakTheWriter wrote:
I'm not going to get too hurt by this since I'm living at the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
Think again. Most of the English-speaking websites and international websites are hosted on servers which reside on AMERICAN soil. If the bills pass, the US government will have the mandate to shut down any website, delete any content from these servers on a whim. Destroying decades worth of content in mere seconds.
It would be the Alexandria Library all over again. That's why non-Americans like us need to do anything we can to urge our American friends into action.
Back to top Go down
http://poharex.webs.com
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:58 pm

^Let me rephrase that.
I'm not going to get TOO hurt from it.
I'm still being able to survive; but it is really just a wierd thing to do. To be OVERLY DRAMATIC; if this actually succeeds, there will be a huge black spot in the internet around america. And following the biological law; everything effects everything, that blackspot will trace back to other countries. So I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:00 pm

I don't understand why everyone from other countries thinks this does not apply to them. This happens every time something like this happens. As mentioned before build up the common sense to figure out it effects just about everyone. Of course you would like to think it cant happen, your daily life cant be interrupted by other countries, as if its "none of your concern". Thats something that gets me a bit angry on a personal level. There are so many problems in this world and nobody cares and thinks it does not concern them. Now honestly, do you cry or feel remotely upset when you see natural disasters happen in say, Japan? Do you feel even a little movement in your heart when you hear about under developed countries have starving children? I could go on, but I honestly doubt it.

The point is that people generally don't care at all. Thats what helps cause things like this in the first place. Senators that did not care about the internet blindly made this because they did not care or no better. People from other countries are ignore it or could care less because its not their problem. I am sorry if I am laying into people that are not from America a bit much but come on guys, does anyone here ever read the fine print?
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Well... I got glasses for a reason, but I understand what you said and I myself also thinks it is a big problem. Can't say that I've cried when I think of the rest of the world, but it have made me... Cynical towards much of humanity.
It is also the thing that I'm to young to actually do anything, yet. Yes, I can make a difference. The thing is that mine is so small that it will not do much help.
Back to top Go down
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice
Talvox

Upvotes: : 2

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:25 am

Steam might be affected from this as well, and if it got shut down, there goes all our hard-earned games. And it's possible that we might not get refunds. That would suck. Same with YouTube, it would die. I mean come on, just keep doing what we've have been doing. If something is copyrighted, take down the offending content, not the whole site. If you went to the Yogscast channel yesterday, and watched the featured video, you'll know that some people made a music video to stop SOPA/PIPA, and the guys who made the bill took it down, claiming the video had copyrighted content of theirs. But, the video was completely original, no copyrighted content in it. The people who made the bill can just say, 'I want this off the Internet,' without needing to say it had copyrighted content. That's just plain scary. Now I'm just speculating here, Steam might not be affected by this, but it's very possible, and if the bill passed, the end of YouTube is upon us. Texas might finally come out of the U.S. because of the bill, and if it does, I'm moving to Texas. If my parents don't move to Texas, I'm walkin'. If it does pass, see ya in a year or two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Taladox
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:30 am

This is getting huge guys.

Quote :
USA TODAY

SOPA bill petition collects 7 million signatures, according to Google
Back to top Go down
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:41 am

What happens when SOPA comes into Canada? Bill C-11.

...I'm off to murder somebody now. brb.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:12 am

Talvox wrote:
Steam might be affected from this as well, and if it got shut down, there goes all our hard-earned games. And it's possible that we might not get refunds. That would suck. Same with YouTube, it would die.

Oh god this bugs me alot because you acually could be right there.
plz don't kill steam sopa

Also I've noticed that a lot of people on other forums have been censoring their icons, so I'm gunna do it too.
Am I doing it right?
Back to top Go down
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice
Talvox

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:20 am

Terwynd wrote:
Bill C-11.
Not Bill C-11. Order 67. DIE STUPID SENATOR! I'MA GONNA MAKE YOU INTO PIECES! SEE YA IN HELL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Taladox
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:23 am

Talvox wrote:
Not Bill C-11. Order 67. DIE STUPID SENATOR! I'MA GONNA MAKE YOU INTO PIECES! SEE YA IN HELL!
HE'S SO MAD THAT HE DOUBLE POSTED :O
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:56 am

I did a censorship thingy.
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:52 am

Can't say I was expecting this to pop back up again...

Well, I now have a flipside perspective on this whole ordeal with SOPA and what it could do. My parents have a small business that creates entertainment media, and thus is copyrighted. However, they've had issues with people taking this material and putting it on youtube. Worse, some of the people claiming that this material is theirs. My parents have tried to claim copyright on some of the videos, but regardless of what some people would have you think, it isn't as easy as it would seem. My parents don't support SOPA, but they do hope that it will be revised to a state where it will help protect smaller businesses from this kind of treatment. If that takes down a good portion of youtube, I can honestly say that they'd care less.

Maybe the solution isn't "Screw SOPA" as many people would have you believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:21 pm

FBI Recently took down Megaupload. If you don't know what that is, it's one of the biggest file sharing websites. FBI went and arrested the owners and some other people who owned the website in New Zealand.

The hacker group Anonymous saw this immediatly though and decided to attack back, so they targeted FBI and US Department of Justibe Websites. The internet are not so pleased with this, as it seems...

Anonymous message: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2WqU-HvyUI

BBC News about Megaupload: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16642369
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:27 pm

I've watched the Anonymous messages on YouTube and can say that their view doesn't differ so much from mine. But what they're doing is a wrong means to get people's attention.
What good did it do to attack FBI?
And I agree with Dragonman a bit. Piracy is a big problem and the solution is not SOPA. We need to take bigger actions against the piracy on the internet, but SOPA and PIPA is not the way. It is metaphorically a broad attack, hurting innocents to take out the small, real threats.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Pintoz wrote:
FBI Recently took down Megaupload. If you don't know what that is, it's one of the biggest file sharing websites. FBI went and arrested the owners and some other people who owned the website in New Zealand.

The hacker group Anonymous saw this immediatly though and decided to attack back, so they targeted FBI and US Department of Justibe Websites. The internet are not so pleased with this, as it seems...

Cyber Warfare!
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Drew wrote:
Pintoz wrote:

Cyber Warfare!

This is gonna be interesting.
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 A23us4jpg
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:36 am

Epsilon wrote:
Drew wrote:
Pintoz wrote:

Cyber Warfare!

This is gonna be interesting.
"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Otmelg
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:44 am

"PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 54e2e310
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:11 am

Pintoz wrote:

I shed tears for those Minecraft forumers that publish their maps and texture packs via Megaupload.

I just hope Mediafire doesn't share a similar fate... :>_<:
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 am

Pintoz wrote:
I was wondering when Anonymous would decide to butt in on this.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:12 am

Kitty wrote:
Pintoz wrote:
I was wondering when Anonymous would decide to butt in on this.

At least they're doing something with their pathetic, wasted lives.

Even though they'll makes things harder, though. Our government gets pretty defensive and generally more annoying to deal with when they deal with "Cyber attacks"
Back to top Go down
Pukinglilcuttlefish
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Pukinglilcuttlefish

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:42 am

Bit unrelated, but didn't Anonymous hack the Playstation network?

Back to top Go down
http://pukinglilcuttlefish.deviantart.com
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:49 am

Pukinglilcuttlefish wrote:
Bit unrelated, but didn't Anonymous hack the Playstation network?
Acually, it was said that they may have been framed when that happened.

It would have to be a pretty depserate move if they did hack it. Because y'know, at least some anons would have been effected by that, because surely some of them were gamers.

So personally, no, I don't think they did it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "PIPA/SOPA"   "PIPA/SOPA" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"PIPA/SOPA"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAC :: GAC :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: