GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]

Go down 
+18
Vektrix
DarkFish
Talvox
Darkshadow
-NOX-
Pukinglilcuttlefish
PrincessNintendo
Lazernugget
Shadow99
Mitchz95
Bence657
Naboo9
Ionjii1026
Epsilon
Terwynd
DRaGO
3D
Delta
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Sorry for the rushed post, I just need to prevent flank from decimating the entire mob of mechs.

And how long do you want this combat situation to be? I can easily extend it or shorten it by means of helping or hindering the command drone, it's really up to you guys.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:09 pm

The main reason I didn't move things along before this situation started up was that I was waiting for Bor and Lazer's characters to resolve their messing about with the teleporter, and for Cuna to join the rest of the group (or otherwise resolve to remain behind) — at this point where that's going seems a bit unclear, given Bor has joined the fray and Lazer hasn't been seen for a few days.

In any case, I'm sure that given the current quantity of foes (which is incidentally larger than any other group of hostile NPC's yet encountered) there won't be much call for further measures to extend the engagement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:25 am

Hey Hutch, how tight a leash are you intending to keep this combat sequence on? It's working pretty loosely at the moment; the main things I wish to note are that a number of players' posts have not been directly replied to and we haven't been regularly keeping track of the number of enemies at large. Potentially I could lend some assistance in that area, where it doesn't overlap with my own characters. What saith thou? razz
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:33 am

I'd like some help keeping track of the mechs number and distance from the group, so if I can get any assistance there, that would be much appreciated. Keeping track of what's hitting what would also be useful, but that isn't as difficult to keep track with.

Right now we have about 24 mechs left, and about 12 to 10 feet between the two groups, so I intend on screwing over the command drone NPC to put a little bit of distance between the two groups, either by means of messing with the mechs navigation, or thinning out the front ranks.

It would be SO much easier to pull off if Lazer was here, but I'll find a way.

(Also, I only switched on three turrets, all of which are destroyed, and will remain that way until I have a reason to introduce more)
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 4:11 pm

My intention with these close-combat enabled mechs was that they be a subset of the current total of 24 rather than an addition, to make the battle more varied rather than adding to its length.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:00 am

Oh god I've lagged behind. Well, I did go to Yosemite.... it'll take me a bit to catch up. Anyone needing my characters right now?
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 6:05 am

Lazernugget wrote:
Oh god I've lagged behind. Well, I did go to Yosemite.... it'll take me a bit to catch up. Anyone needing my characters right now?

We're fighting a small army of mechs right now, so I imagine a tech guy could come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:38 am

Are we waiting on a few more people to post or has this RP just slowed down again?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:38 am

I'll see about making a post at some point, see if we can't get it moving again. razz
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 2:55 pm

My superhuman ability is telling me that this roleplay isn't going to last much longer. It's low on active players and it's gradually losing interest from the active ones. If that's the case, can we just push through and sort out that blister at the top of Sapphire Point so we can give this thing some closure and put it to bed?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:54 pm

You know what we've never had (as far as I know) with regard to RP's in this forum? Happy. A proper brainstorming thread.

It seems to me that it would be the most fun and effective way to construct an RP, rather than one person trying to cover everything (and the whole thing summarily falling flat when said person drifts). There are also other benefits that I can think of, but I'm not in monologue mode yet. Joyful

As regards NR, I was initially trying to make sure the Sapphire Point mission didn't get too bogged down, but that took a rather serious hit when the party split (among other factors, some of which may or may not possibly have something to do with me :P), and now we've got more than twenty enemies to deal with. XD I think I might well scoot things along soon.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:17 pm

We have to get off Ariid. I'm sick to death of Ariid.

Don't shut down the RP yet; let's just get off Ariid and see where it goes. If posting activity doesn't change, then maybe it's time to shut it down.
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:36 pm

I agree with Bor, Mitch. Rhak said
Ehm... Sorry, long time since I was on the OOC.
Good idea with the brainstorming Delta, but you know what they say, the more the merrier the more chefs the worse soup(or something like that.)
It works perfectly fine when two or three brainstorm together, but more than that and the ideas can fall quickly.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:07 am

I suppose all the inactive characters still facing the mechs will meet some kind of end? Other than the whole 'meteor to the hull' idea it seems a pretty effective way of cancelling out the inactive ones.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:26 am

So the characters belonging to Darkshadow (if he's actually been seen during the Sapphire Point gig) Lazer, Drago and (outside qualifier) Hutch?

As of yet all players who wind up on the Small-Font List of Shame have just been treated as not existing, in case any eventually return. It works fine for the most part, but I can see an argument for officially trimming the fat off the cast list permanently — no longer having Schrodinger's cabin-count aboard the Lacuna being one of them. It's like a black hole in the RP's canon. 0_0
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:58 am

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Don't kill off my characters, I haven't been posting because I haven't been following the battle going on, and the one attack I did write was completely ignored. (Look a few pages back, Grecsh threw an EMP grenade and nothing happened.)

I'll try and post more, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 10:43 am

So, should we brainstorm some ideas as to which direction the plot should take? That way, if Delta does indeed not post for some time, one of the players could take over with answering posts and story progression.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:54 pm

In most cases where I stop posting for some time, all you really need to do is tell me to get off my butt and do something about it. razz If I'm expecting to be away for an extended period of time then it's simple enough to put things in place beforehand. Barring my unexpected death or the release of Half-Life 2 Episode 3, I can think of few situations where other plans might need to be made. Happy.

As an aside, I understand some players may already have sub-plots of their own planned.
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Yup.
The whole Rhak reveng thingy.
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:03 pm

I have one, but I don't think Bor's cool enough to pull it off yet. Maybe later...
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:03 am

I planned on having Flank turn that turret firing module into a home made plasma rifle, but only after he visits several shops and recruits Quark's assistance.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:33 am

Here's a map I've drawn out of the Communications Hub; I thought it might make a better reference guide than my description in the IC. Happy.

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Hub_ma11
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:47 am

Flank's mood right now:
Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Screen19
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:18 am

Oh my god! Someone actually noticed! I was beginning to think everyone had dropped their comms on the way up the staircase razz

(You guys better come get me at some point.)
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:32 am

I'll be the one to do that, just as soon as Flank bites this guy's head.
EDIT: Although to be fair, it seemed like you killed Grey off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]   Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1] - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers -OOC and Planning- [Thread 1]
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next