GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*

Go down 
+11
Hutch
camelfox
Lazernugget
Bence657
Dark_Plague
Nagho
PrincessNintendo
Ferrety
3D
Gelatino95
ReFrostE
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Empty
PostSubject: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 am

The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Logosmall

Series Description

Failstronauts is about the Galactic army in four different sides:

Good -Breakfast Platoon
Bad -Dinner Platoon
Neutral - Lunch Platoon
Fourth Side - Desert Platoon

Good:
They try to help planets or beings in danger, searching for missions to take on. This is the Breakfast Platoon (Main Characters). Their personalities make it more of a challenge to succeed in their missions, and sometimes wing at their jobs, that's what makes them "Failstronauts".

Bad:
Their main goal is to try to make the Breakfast Platoon fail their missions or to destroy their team. On their free time, they are just sitting around or play games with the Breakfast Platoon. This is the Dinner Platoon, they would succeed if they weren't dimwitted, klutzy, selfish, people. Their member "Baby Back Ribs" (Youngest of all of them) screws up and is 1/3 of the reasons on why they fail. They also want to gain power.

Neutral Team:
If captured and forced to side with the Dinner Team, one of them could easily press a self destruct button on their ship, while launching Anti-Matter Missiles at the Breakfast Platoon's ship. This team's actual goal is to probably even the scores between Breakfast and Dinner. It is supposed the Galactic alliance did this to make things more "Interesting".

Fourth Team:
We don't know what their real goal is, but they come in occasionally, and when they do, they're rocking out, partying or prank calling their elementary school teachers. This team is the dessert team, they usually talk in chat speak saying "LOL, That was like, totally awesome!" or "You just got PWNED, noob!". They occasionally speak in 1337 if angered. They seem to copy the "Pony's" reaction images. They're the typically of internet nerds.

Galactic Alliance:
The Galactic Alliance is in charge of the natural balance of the galaxy, they set up the Breakfast Platoon to keep things in order and everyone safe. They have no idea how the Dinner Platoon came to be, so they set up the Lunch Platoon to even things out and to have a little fun (The whole platoon series has it's own show which is put into an anime format, and is on Galactic Channel 5) so everything that happens is put on TV in the whole galaxy.

Basic Characters Description

All the characters are named after foods in which team they're associated in (EG: Porkchop is in the Dinner Platooon), a species of some sort of animal, and have badges and army ranks (Corporal, Sargent, Private)

(Platoons are already designed, character sheets in progress)

What is needed:

Voice Actors:
There are plenty characters for you to voice act for, many with a unique voice. We have a lot of male characters along with females, just look at the Voice acting section to see requirements and characters to voice act for. Try to be in character and play around with your voice and remember: You can add a little bit to your assigned lines and make it more humorous.

Writers:
The type of things we're looking for in writers is: Humor, creativity, and continuity (That's one of the big ones IMO). The series is supposed to be funny and play on words is praised. So if you like to make bad puns and are considered funny, don't be afraid to show up! C:

Background Designers:
Personally, my backgrounds look like crap. If you have a talent for drawing, you're in. What a funny animation series has crappy backgrounds? SGT. Frog? HA HA H- No. You guys are important as much as Voice Actors, Writers, and other junk! PLEASE, I NEED YOU! WE NEED YOU!

Music Makers:
You guys are important too. Animations without background music are just.. Bland. Silence except for character's dialogue makes it seem empty and unprofessional. I can't stress this enough, but, we really need music. (Or you can request non copyrighted music to put in, but some just don't fit what we need)

Character Design:
I got the main characters and villains done, but what if we need a one shot villain? Or ally? Feel free to join if you want to help with an episode.
_______

As you can see there are many things to be done! I'm currently looking at how to use an advanced flash program one of my parents just went ahead and bought. -_____- (Stupid thing won't let me draw after frame 0) So click the banner at the bottom of this post to sign up and join! I REALLY NEED SOME PEOPLE TO JOIN AND VOICE ACT! AND TRUST ME, IT'LL BE FUN!

The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Failst11

Last edited by FrostieBuniou on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:23 pm

I... don't get it. What is this? You didn't really give any explanation as to what it actually is.

Are you trying to make some sort of video? And you're trying to employ our help to make it? Can't you just use some of your RL friends instead of asking some people on the internet you don't even know? I see that you've come up with some character ideas, but do you have an actual plot planned out?

Just some things to think about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:13 pm

I only have one RL friend..
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:47 pm

FrostieBuniou wrote:
I only have one RL friend..

Same here.
There's no harm in asking people online for help. You can always reject their pathetic ideas if they do not fit your needs. twisted Anyhow, I would like to help with music, as I've got a couple pieces I composed myself that a couple people have said are quite good, but I seem to have broken/fractured my wrist and can't help right away. Is there a deadline or something of the sort? I would really like to help but for now I can't.
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Uh.. We have to have at least one episode by the end of summer.

And we can continue working on it once school starts as well.
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:00 pm

I might help with writing scripts, and possibly voice acting. Problem is, while my Laptop has a built-in mic, i have no idea how to record audio.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Try Windows movie maker. Get a pic, stretch it on the timeline for a longer time. Do narrate audio.

I suggest you download audacity.
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Ferrety wrote:
I might help with writing scripts, and possibly voice acting. Problem is, while my Laptop has a built-in mic, i have no idea how to record audio.

Download Audacity.
Best option out there.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Listen to 3D, he is always right.
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Audacity? Where can you get that? Also I'm really afraid of doing my own voice recording thing. I sound too high and annoying whenever I do that. :(
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:23 pm

It's fine! I need high voiced female characters. :3

Here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:56 pm

Thank you very much for the link. I forgot to mention that I would like to record sound effects that would be awesome or funny to laugh at. happy./XD
Back to top Go down
Nagho
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Nagho

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:06 pm

I may be able to do some voice acting, but I could probably only do some minor one-shot characters as I probably don't have enough time to do major characters. I also recently got WavePad Sound Editor so I could tinker around with that and do some audio modifications for any voices that I may do. It's a free program, and you can download it together with VideoPad, which is a free video editor if you don't have any better video editing software.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Sounds good! Major characters are taken care of. Unless we suddenly come with one epic finale with a bunch of epic looking bad guys, but other than that we're good.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:21 pm

I could do some Voice Acting. :/
I dunno, I might.
Probably someone that's a villian. I sound quite evil, as long as I have something Sinister to say....:D
Back to top Go down
Nagho
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Nagho

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:23 pm

Oh, by the way, I can do a Russian accent if you ever need that for a character at some point. I don't really know why you would since this doesn't really take place on Earth from what I understand, but I thought I'd just throw that out there.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:25 pm

I admit I went to one of your minecraft let's plays.. ._.

@ Bean: I think you'd be good for omelet! (Or evil person if you prefer)

@Nagho: Perfect! What I was hoping for!

(Please note that I have yet to do the Desert and Dinner character sheets, I'm working on them right now)

I'll send a link to the character bios section: http://failstronauts.forumotion.com/f13-character-bios
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:29 pm

Hm..
I might do "Omelot"...
What's his personality?
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 pm

He's obsessed with Twitter and Facebook and he's constantly on the computer or things that have access to the internet. He's lazy and likes to poke fun at things, including Pancake. : D

I'll give an example of some of the things he says.

Pancake: "Omelet! The universe is going to end!! D:"
Omelet *In sarcasm*: Oh no! I totally have to do something! *Get's out his ipad* "I'm doing something.."
Back to top Go down
Bence657
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Bence657

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:56 pm

Wow this is a great idea Frostie! I could help as Voice Actor and writer.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:17 am

FrostieBuniou wrote:
He's obsessed with Twitter and Facebook and he's constantly on the computer or things that have access to the internet. He's lazy and likes to poke fun at things, including Pancake. : D

I'll give an example of some of the things he says.

Pancake: "Omelet! The universe is going to end!! D:"
Omelet *In sarcasm*: Oh no! I totally have to do something! *Get's out his ipad* "I'm doing something.."

XD
I could totally do his character.
Oh and, If the world was going to end, I'd post that on Facebook. XD
(If I were the character)
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:53 am

I think that's going to be ep 1.

EDIT: Please sign up on my Forum and I'll greet you there!

http://failstronauts.forumotion.com/
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:16 am

PrincessNintendo wrote:
Audacity? Where can you get that? Also I'm really afraid of doing my own voice recording thing. I sound too high and annoying whenever I do that. :(

Same here, and I'm not a girl....my voice is really weird when recorded. I've competed in Speech and Debate and won Seventh place in the US for Legislative Debate but I still hate the sound of my voice....main reason I recommend Audacity. It can help get the kinda strange tone off your voice...of course, you'd need a good Mic to really get the full sound of your voice but Audacity's good for editing a poor Mic to make your voice sound decent.

Anyhow, good luck with the voice acting, and I wish the best of luck to all of you involved in this enterprise. Second, I had a question for Frost.

What kind of music are you hoping for? Upbeat, somber, staccato, legato, whichever? It would be useful to know if you have anything in mind.

- 3D
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:27 am

Hm.. A little upbeat, and cheerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qNF7GvmV3M

Kinda the type I have in mind for background music. (Although I want that to be the theme)
Back to top Go down
Bence657
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Bence657

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:31 am

Frostie can i be the voice actor for the failing guy at dinner platoon?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*   The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people* Empty

Back to top Go down

The Failstronauts Animation Series *Employing people*
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next