GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
What is your very favorite game of all time Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

What is your very favorite game of all time

Go down 
+11
BurninatingFreez
DarkFish
infidel775
Ferrety
Kitty
Gelatino95
Delta
Hutch
Mitchz95
ReFrostE
Drew
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

What is your very favorite game of all time Empty
PostSubject: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:18 am

Title says it all. Mine is without any doubt Halo 2.

Begin.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:26 am

I have to say either Spore, Smash Bros. series, Viva Pinata or Sonic adventure 2 Battle.

EDIT: Or Pokemon Black.

Last edited by FrostieBuniou on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Spore   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:36 am

I would say Spore. For all its flaws, it's still an awesome game.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:43 am

Probably Elder scrolls 4: Oblivion, or portal 2. Hard to call it.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:50 am

Hmm, I think I'll probably go with GA -- I don't think I've ever been quite so excited about any other expansion pack, or possibly any game at all. Joyful The fact that I'm still using it counts for a lot too.

...But besides that, I'd probably give Mass Effect 2 the benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:30 am

Either Star Fox Adventures or Metroid Prime.

Star Fox Adventures was basically just Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (also one of the best games of all time) except with Star Fox characters. And a cool story, and some arwing missions, and much better graphics. Oh, and dinosaurs. The dinosaurs definitely make it the best.

Metroid Prime is overall an extremely good game. The music is incredible and you never forget it. Every area of the map is unique so you don't forget any single room. There aren't too many cutscenes to interrupt the story. In fact, most of the story is not directly told to you. You have to read the lore that the Chozo have left behind for you and read all the space pirate logs to learn more about why you're there. It's not a standard first-person shooter at all. There are plenty of puzzles to solve, the enemies look freaking awesome, and the bosses are unforgettable.

Oh... I think I like Metroid Prime more. I just realized that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:52 am

Portal 2, Team Fortress 2 or the Monkey Island series. Either one of those.

Portal 2 has a very interesting story and characters, as well as a great co-op initiative. Team Fortress 2 has awesome characters (Maybe a bit steriotypical, but they work) and has great gameplay. The Monkey Island games have an interesting storyline/characters, simple gameplay, and it breaks the 4th wall quite frequently. Plus, I've been playing it since I was 7 or so.

I dunno which to choose. :c
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:18 am

Hutch wrote:
Probably Elder scrolls 4: Oblivion.

Skyrim will be better. Wistle
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:18 pm

Drew980 wrote:
Hutch wrote:

I know that, it'll probably be ten times better. But Oblivion will always bring out that nostalgia freak in me, whatever I do in that game gives me fond(ish) memories later on

Except for those daedra spiders, those things suck no matter how you look at them :/
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Yoshi's Island for me. It was the first game I properly played (the GBA version) when I was young, and I still love it. Seriously, I don't get why this game doesn't have as many fans as it should. It's a masterpiece. It's like you've got 80 or so tiny Metroidvanias.
Back to top Go down
infidel775
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
infidel775

Location : A bunker on Casparan, heavily defended by Kas guards.

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:33 pm

Final Fantasy V Advance.

I've beaten it 11 times. Going for 12.

Hutch wrote:
Drew980 wrote:
Hutch wrote:

I know that, it'll probably be ten times better. But Oblivion will always bring out that nostalgia freak in me, whatever I do in that game gives me fond(ish) memories later on

Except for those daedra spiders, those things suck no matter how you look at them :/

I agree: nostalgia FTW. And Daedric Spiders can get squished by the foot of Akatosh.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/infidel775
DarkFish
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkFish

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:49 am

For Nostalgia, I'd have to go for Insaniquarium. However, all in all, Spore is probably my favorite (the Creature Creator itself is my favorite part of all). Plants vs Zombies is also great.
Back to top Go down
infidel775
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
infidel775

Location : A bunker on Casparan, heavily defended by Kas guards.

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:18 am

Oh man Insaniquarium. I loved that game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/infidel775
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

Upvotes: : 0
Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:34 am

Modern Warfare 2 forever!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
trembler95
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
trembler95

Upvotes: : 0
Location : I once stepped in a deep fryer then ate my foot. Guess which one was the mistake.

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:01 am

Mass Effect 2 is the best game I've ever played, made only better with the addition of Legion! I can't wait for Mass Effect 3!
Back to top Go down
AgentAG
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : -1
Location : Gone, except for the occasional post in the game night thread. Yay.

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 pm

I'd have to say either Pokémon Crystal Version (nostalgia and it's a great game too) or Minecraft.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:32 pm

Hmmm, either Portal 2 or Halo 2.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:20 am

I almost forgot to mention Earthbound. First of all, it has nostalgic value, so that's an instant plus. Its graphics aren't that good, but they have a certain charm to them that makes Earthbound unique. The story is also pretty unique. First of all, the characters are sometimes completely random, which helps add on to the uniqueness of the game. At one point, you have to fight Mr. Carpainter, a man who has gone mad and intends to paint the entire world blue. You eat a piece of cake and are somehow transported to a magical, middle-eastern themed land in the sky. It can get kind of weird, so you have to think to understand it sometimes. There are practically no cutscenes and there is very few dialogue, so you are left to understand the story yourself. Some of the characters are so memorable that you will never forget them. Giygas, the universal destroyer who is so hyped up during the game but you never see him until the very end, where the atmosphere created by dialogue, music, and effects makes you pee your pants. At least, if you were young when you've played it. That part at the end is very creepy and I doubt I will ever forget about it.

Also, Earthbound has had a profound effect on stories found all over the internet. Any web-comics that feature a quest often follow the same formula as Earthbound: a main character brought by destiny to complete a task, soon followed by three companions. This happens a lot, even if you are not aware of it. In fact, my fan fic, The Odyssey of Beltuga, is following that formula.

If you haven't played Earthbound yet, do yourself a favor and go search online for an emulator. I use ZSNES.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:22 am

The Halo series, especially Halo: Reach and Halo 2.

I also like Assasins Creed: Brotherhood as well.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:45 am

DarkStar wrote:
The Halo series, especially Halo: Reach and Halo 2.

I have new found respect for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your very favorite game of all time   What is your very favorite game of all time Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your very favorite game of all time
Page 1 of 1