GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

Upvotes: : 1
Location : It's on a need-to-know basis, and you probably don't want to know

Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Empty
PostSubject: Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons'   Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:06 am

Have you ever wanted to add some realistic flak or cannon fire to an adventure, or wanted a cool way to attack an enemy? Well I've got a secret that i discovered about 9 months ago that I'm going to share:

I called my invention 'L-RIB' (Long Range Infantry Bombardment)

What it is living creatures carrying bombs into teleporters and then teleporting out into a jump pad (or not) carrying the bomb, which is now active.

Here's how you do it:

Step 1: Get a small creature that can glide or fly (this helps in the making it look realistic) and find a bomb (depending on what you want to do, medium or long are the best choices: medium is good for flak while long is good for artillery fire). Disguise the bomb a shell to make it look realistic (or just leave it plain)

Step 2: Go to the advanced behavior panel (ctrl while clicking on a normal behavioral square) And take off all the all the behavior panes. Now put in a 'pick up' panel and set it to pick up the bomb when aware of the bomb (be sure the creature has awareness). Now put a behavioral panel people the 'pick up' and tell it to move to the teleporter when carrying the bomb.

Step 3: Set up the teleporter so the exit module is right in the center of the jump pad (make sure the exit arrow is set outward) and make the bomb-carrying creature move to the teleporter

Step 4: Make the creature and bomb respawn (make sure bomb respawns before the creature) Ex: Creature respawns every 1 sec, bomb respawns every o sec. Lower the health of the creature to the point where the damage from the bomb will kill it.

Step 5: Make the jump pad invisible and put it right before the barrel of a cannon. Also make the teleporter exit module invisible.

Step 6: Play the adventure and get out of the way!

I made an adventure about 8 months ago that explains this process in great detail:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-byball9%7C500203593860%3Asast-500551466769%3Apg-1160

Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' 500551466769

It's not very good but it gets the point across

If you have any questions please post them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
BurninatingFreez
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
BurninatingFreez

Upvotes: : 0
Location : USA east coast! Nothing more specific unless it is your life goal to know.

PostSubject: Re: Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons'   Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:27 am

I love this method
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/BurninatingFreez
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons'   Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:12 am

I've heard of this method before. I actually heard something similar from a creator named Hurtigen. You make a circular black creature (Like a cannon ball) and use an invisible jump pad to place the creature right next to the end of a cannon. Then, place a mine right inside the barrel of the cannon. Have the mine and the creature respawn at the same time. That way, when you play the adventure, a cannon ball will fly out propelled by the explosion of the mine, making it look realistic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

Upvotes: : 1
Location : It's on a need-to-know basis, and you probably don't want to know

PostSubject: Re: Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons'   Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 4:24 am

With my method you can make 'explosive cannon balls'

But I've used that method too
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons'   Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons' Empty

Back to top Go down

Byball9's Adventure Secret: 'Living Cannons'
Page 1 of 1