GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

Upvotes: : 1

Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Empty
PostSubject: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:44 pm

This is the official thread for our group to make the adventure for the GAC official snowball challenge. This is where we will be doing some of our planning and posting our adventures as we make them. Every time you post an adventure, make sure you put your name in the act that you added. (NOTE: Text "Borrowed" from other thread.)

So basically, what are we doing? I personally think it needs to be set at night (Note to Camel: I can alter your template to be night). What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Sounds good.
Can someone give me a link to the GA camel made?
- 3DBlenderRender
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:59 pm

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-camelfox|500187326455

Also, 3D, you don't have Creepy and Cute, do you? That could prove problematic, and not just because the planet uses it...
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:02 pm

well guys, actuially i worked kinda hard on the setting of the planet... actually i think the daytime adds to the general "feel" of cold dry and windy... i dunno bui i like it. also, we can use subsitute creatues for the time being, then change it on the last runthrough to cc ones, and post a screenshot just to make sure it's OK.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/camelfox/BLOG/Camelfoxs_Blog/Camelfoxs_Blog.ht
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:05 pm

I know it took a lot of work to make the planet setting, and as usual, you did a great job of it, however, depending on the direction we take the adventure, may add a better atmosphere. What direction are we taking the adventure in?

EDIT: Using adventurelook -norainbows could be good. It would make it less colourful, less bright, and overall a more desolate place.
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:31 pm

good idea. i have quite a few mods of my seroid species. if you wanna use them. also, i think we'll do something with a research base that has been ravaged in an attack by the grox, and then overrun by the local beasties, and you are one of the last survivors, of possibly one of a rescue mission, i wanna hve it be a bit like, get the group here, without any casualties, then make a run for it this way, avoid the volcano, get to high ground... with a boss fight in there somewhere. ....is anyone good with techy but destroyed buildings?
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:55 pm

camelfox wrote:
good idea. i have quite a few mods of my seroid species. if you wanna use them.
I'm probabaly going to aim for not using C&C, to make it easier for 3D. You might want to reupload a new planet template without a C&C captain, so 3D, the next user, can view and edit it.
also, i think we'll do something with a research base that has been ravaged in an attack by the grox,
Change the Grox into a new species. Using the Grox just seems a little lazy, everyone uses it for when they need something attacked as a plot device. Creating a new antagonist will allow us to give it a personallity, motive, and, if needed, make us able to make it have appearances in the adventure. None of these could be done properly with The Grox.
and then overrun by the local beasties,
or the antagonist alien species
and you are one of the last survivors,
Make it the only survivor, for added tension (if we add one survivor, we could make the player distrust them, for the same feeling of loneliness). Also, making it so the player is working on the base would mean we would have to lock the captain (something I personally support). Otherwise make it so the player has been sent to inspect the ruined base.
of possibly one of a rescue mission, i wanna hve it be a bit like, get the group here,
without any casualties,
Apart from the fact finding group members could be quite tedious (one of the reasons I want them all to be killed), the 'Without any casulties' part sounds like a defend goal, meaning no real difficulty can be added to that part, unless you want frustrated players.
then make a run for it this way, avoid the volcano, get to high ground...
That seems a little unnessesary... And I couldn't even find the volcano when I went into test mode.
with a boss fight in there somewhere.
With who or whatever destroyed the base? Boss Battles can also be quite hard to make well without a locked captain.
.....is anyone good with techy but destroyed buildings?
I'll try, but I'm not promising anything
My opinions in Bold.
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:51 am

here's a revised version.

you have been sent to a cold dry desert by a destress call. this was once a Seroid research base. the seroids supply you with the information that the base was destroyed by their arch enemies, [ insert species here ] and the on inspection there were no survivors. nevertheless ther is a destress call, so you go to investigate. you discover the base, completely ravaged, but no signs of life. there is some creepy music as you look around for the source of the call. here we need a very suspenseful moment, and then some sort of alein creature suddenly leaps from the wreckage, and attacks you. if you kill it, then you go see where it came from. you find the corpse, of a seroid researcher... old and frozen by the ice. then you see he has a walkie talkie. you switch it on. there's a cracly and then hello? yes? is that you? you explain who you are. (person on the other end is the last survivor.) he tells you that he was trying to get to hight ground to send a distres signal, but the transmition was terrible, and he wonderd if anyone would ever get it. then you go to find him. everything is silent and eerie. you pass through a canyon, and find him at the other end. you then try to get back to your ship, but are attacked by some wild animals. eventually, you make it to the ship all OK.

i knwo the ending is a bit weak.. i'm working on it. also i can produce a non CC seroid in no time. so no worries there.
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

Location : It's on a need-to-know basis, and you probably don't want to know

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:58 am

Sounds adventurous...

Is it okay if draft a version?
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:01 am

well, we have the planet at a draft version right now, then ferret get's to work on it a bit, then 3d then you then me then ferret, all in all, we don;t really need a draft yet anyway, plus we all need to agree on this.
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:01 am

I can revise the ending.

...While attempting to call the Galactic Protection Agency to collect them, the player is attacked by a huge [insert nemesis' name here] bio-machine. It's stopping the GPA's ships from reaching you. It must be destroyed to allow escape.

I'm also going to alter the plot a bit more:
-The attackers are a normally peaceful empire (allowing me to add in some backstory, and also attemt to make the player empathise with the attackers, yet want to survive).
-The walkie-talkie should be replaced by a computer that has a recorded message from a dead crew-member.

I like the plot of this adventure very much.
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:04 am

after dinner i'll have the seroid BASE CRAETURE (no clothes) shared, without cc, so then we can get a move on. we'll ge in order, me ferret 3d byball. so ferret, got any destroyed type buildings? or byball?
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:07 am

Ferrety wrote:
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-camelfox|500187326455

Also, 3D, you don't have Creepy and Cute, do you? That could prove problematic, and not just because the planet uses it...

Sadly, no, I don't.
I'd like to get it, but I haven't just yet.

- 3DBlenderRender
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:07 am

I thought it was camel, 3D, ferret, Byball.

Also, make it so the base had lots of species. One creature taking the spotlight wouldn't be fair on everyone else. (Note to 3D and Byball: Do you have any creatures you want in?)
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 am

Ferrety wrote:

Also, make it so the base had lots of species. One creature taking the spotlight wouldn't be fair on everyone else. (Note to 3D and Byball: Do you have any creatures you want in?)

Actually, I have a bunch of Robots that I think look quite nice if we need 'em for anything. Otherwise, no, I don't mind not having any stuff in it. (Note: Oh, and it would be excellent if you could join the Chat.)

Oh, and I agree with Ferrety on the Grox part. The Grox are - personally - boring. A new type of ancient warriors could be rising once again, with a different name. I think origional is more interesting.

Boss battles are more interesting with ranged weapons. Then you can fire explosive barrels which can kill the boss. You can inflict more damage in a clever way. So, I prefer locked captains.

- 3DBlenderRender

Last edited by 3DBlenderRender on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 am

base? alot? the base it just a ceature. no clothes or anything. it's only one thing.
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:12 am

3DBlenderRender wrote:
Ferrety wrote:

Actually, I have a bunch of Robots that I think look quite nice if we need 'em for anything. Otherwise, no, I don't mind not having any stuff in it. (Note: Oh, and it would be excellent if you could join the Chat.)

- 3DBlenderRender

3d as long aqs ther's no bot parts we do need a big robot. or perhaps some small heavy walking ones just to be around the base. unhelpful battle drones who survived the bombasrdment.
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:42 am

I've got some creatures that i think would work: i find them and maybe edit them and see if they can fit with the plot.
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:46 am

here's the edited Seroid. no CC actually guess what was the CC part? yeah, that's right, the best part. the paint.
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 3:34 pm

The paint doesn't really matter when It'll be reposed into a corpse.
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:08 pm

camelfox wrote:
3DBlenderRender wrote:
Ferrety wrote:

- 3DBlenderRender

3d as long aqs ther's no bot parts we do need a big robot. or perhaps some small heavy walking ones just to be around the base. unhelpful battle drones who survived the bombasrdment.

Hey, Camel, here's a couple I constructed recently:

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500689937527
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500689912481
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500689962647

- 3DBlenderRender
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:45 pm

I personally think that the only robots in it should be used by the villians. If the base was destroyed, and everyone killed, why would robots be alive?
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:36 am

Very true. I like it, and if everyone here has cc (do they?) then it's not a problem.
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:37 am

So do we need any enemy troops? If so I have some!
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:16 am

byball9 wrote:
Very true. I like it, and if everyone here has cc (do they?) then it's not a problem.

No, I don't have C&C.
I wish I did...

- 3DBlenderRender
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.   Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball. Empty

Back to top Go down

Camel, 3D, Ferrety and Byball.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next