GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system

Go down 
+10
camelfox
3D
AgentAG
DarkStar
ReFrostE
Pintoz
Dark_Heroics
Gelatino95
Lazernugget
Hutch
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Empty
PostSubject: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 3:49 am

I am aware that I have been a bit unfair with my chatbox warnings to other users. Since they sometimes don't know what they did wrong. So to avoid further confusions, here are the chatbox rules. And my Disciplinary system:

Chatbox rules:

1: Avoid talking about, or referring to any sexual related topics. We do have younger users who would not like to hear about it. Keep it clean.

2: No flaming: Flaming is insulting, abusing, and in general being a jerk to other users. So avoid calling others names, or anything that might cause potential emotional harm.

3: Don't be a Trollface Don't troll anyone or just do troll-like things. It can cause a lot more harm than you might think

4: Do not post any questionable videos: This can be videos containing intense violence, language, or any content that could frighten, offend, or anger other users.

5: Be polite, be efficient, have a plan to make friends with everyone you meet: (You get a cookie if you understand the reference.) Basically, just be patient and polite to other users. They may not get your super awesome joke, or might not share your taste in certain things, but just don't be a jerk.

6: Keep the spam in designated sections: Simple, just don't spam in the chatbox. All you need to know

These are the 6 biggest problems in the chatbox, and therefor are the six rules. Obey them, and you'll be fine

Disciplinary system: I'm following the basic "Three warning system" If I have to talk to you 3 times for breaking any rules, the actions I take are as follows:

1st 3 warnings: 1 week suspension from chatbox. Possibility of demotion

2nd 3 warnings: 3 week suspension from chatbox and 1 week from posting, demotion from current rank

3rd 3 warnings: chatbox ban, month long posting suspension. Rank demoted to standard user, you can get the chatbox rights back, if I see that you can handle them.

4th 3 warnings: Banned from all activities in the forum

Pray I don't have to go beyond the 1st 3 warnings. That's when your experience here gets unpleasant.

And that's all for now. Keep it clean and play nice, and you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 3:52 am

cool...I think this is a good thing to know and I'll stick to the rules. Wouldn't want to go past the 1st warning either. happy.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 3:54 am

I don't get the reference. Sorry.

...But I'll be sure to abide by the rules. I'll inform you or camel if I find any infractions!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:02 am

These rules seem very reasonable. I will try my hardest to follow them and be the best I can be.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:34 am

hmm... is the reference something valve/halo related? XD

good to see some order, I'll be following the golden rules :D
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 am

[quote="Hutch"]
Dark_Heroics wrote:
hmm... is the reference something valve/halo related? XD

Name which video it came from, and you win.

Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:09 am

oh! red vs blue?
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:26 pm

I'll keep those rules in mind Hutch! And i'll report anything Trollface y to you or Camel!
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 11:11 pm

Dark_Heroics wrote:
oh! red vs blue?

Nope, this is actually from a TF2 promo, "Meet the sniper" Where he actually uses the phrase "Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet" I just modified it so that it involved making friends, not murdering people.

If you want to see the video. Look for it on youtube. The name is "Meet the sniper."

Now, back on topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:21 am

If I could I would. But since I can't, can somebody please move this to the "Rules" section? I feel it is more suited there.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:31 am

Gamer027 wrote:
If I could I would. But since I can't, can somebody please move this to the "Rules" section? I feel it is more suited there.
That should totally be Hutch's choice, since he made the thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:43 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
Gamer027 wrote:
That should totally be Hutch's choice, since he made the thread.

True..True... We'll just wait until Hutch comes on and see what he thinks.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 am

How bout not asking for personal information, it can put the user in an uncomfortable state sometimes.
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:38 am

FrostiePlush wrote:
How bout not asking for personal information, it can put the user in an uncomfortable state sometimes.

Thats a good one FrostePlush. Except some people are just curious, but still I think us curious people need to realise some people do not like being asked this stuff. Overall I think that is a good rule and I vote it to be added to the Chatbox Rules.
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 1:09 am

Great rules, they really help clear some things up. I do have something to get clear: NO PNG pics in the chatbox, right?
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 4:31 am

DarkStar wrote:
Great rules, they really help clear some things up. I do have something to get clear: NO PNG pics in the chatbox, right?
Correct, no pictures are allowed. You are, however, allowed to post links to images, as long as it isn't annoying anyone. ('cause then it would be SPAM)
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:03 pm

Well you CAN put pic.'s on spam threads right? and sig shops. And on thing where you're SUPPOSED to post pic.'s right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:45 am

Lazernugget wrote:
Well you CAN put pic.'s on spam threads right? and sig shops. And on thing where you're SUPPOSED to post pic.'s right?

@Lazzernugget: You can have them on any thread. This is Chatbox rules not offical rules. All these rules relate nothing to the rules of posting. If you isn't get that:

Pictures on the Chatbox = Not allowed.
Pictures on any thread = Allowed.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 4:41 am

oh yeah...I forgot....right sorry. oh my!
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 10:34 am

Lazernugget wrote:
oh yeah...I forgot....right sorry. oh my!
It's not thhat hard to understand, Lazer. But if you have any other questions, just ask.
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:53 am

I think you should add: Try not to cuss even if you're not insulting. words can make younger and newer users become mad or think this is a bad site.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Lazernugget wrote:
I think you should add: Try not to cuss even if you're not insulting. words can make younger and newer users become mad or think this is a bad site.
Indeed.

Edit: I am afraid Agent has gotten his first weekly suspension.
Back to top Go down
AgentAG
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : -1
Location : Gone, except for the occasional post in the game night thread. Yay.

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:52 pm

Why did I just get banned from the chatbox without a single warning?
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:54 pm

You've gotten warnings before.
I hope you remember... when Gamer first got banned?
You and him were caught talking about inappropriate topics.

You were warned.
I told you that you were being offensive.
You were being quite disgusting.

Thus, you were Chatbanned.

Signing off,
3DBlenderRender
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
AgentAG
Purple spice
Purple spice

Upvotes: : -1
Location : Gone, except for the occasional post in the game night thread. Yay.

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:56 pm

I've been banned before and this was my first warning after that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system    Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system  Empty

Back to top Go down

Updated Chatbox rules and Disciplinary system
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next