GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Unfinished Adventures? Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Unfinished Adventures?

Go down 
+9
Daxter
DarkStar
camelfox
ArsDraconis
Ferrety
Pintoz
Excalibur42
Dark_Heroics
Gelatino95
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

Unfinished Adventures? Empty
PostSubject: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:46 am

As Spore creators, especially on GAC, we all have made many adventures. A large number of those adventures are unfinished and you haven't gotten time to work on it. Since you can't share them on Spore, why not share them here? Tell us your unfinished adventures, and say why you never finished it!

I used one of my best unfinished adventures as an example, but it's taking up, like, half the page. (What can I say? I like to write!) So go ahead and click on the Spoiler button to see it.
Spoiler:
I never released it because my %@&€!ing computer broke and deleted all my unshared creations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

Upvotes: : 0

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:08 am

I'd love to make a bit in an adventure where you're in a blimp-like airship that has glass walls and floors, with a great view of some city... that sounds neat gelo :D
Back to top Go down
Excalibur42
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Excalibur42

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:13 am

I HAD an unfinished adventure...I don't know what happened to it... It was a Clark adn Stanley one, really good, using my latest template.... Oh yeah that's right! I deleted it. Oh well, it was going to be Clark and Stanley and the Crash site...something like that, they enter this UFO from undergound and when they go in...I don't know what happens after that.

I didn't finsh it because....ummm...I dunno, perhaps... oh yeah I started playing Red alert 3. (CnC) (EA) mcgreen
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:44 am

I haz lots of Unfinished GA's...

Some are good, But i get easily bored.
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

Upvotes: : 1

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Mighty_Glass wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Mighty_Glass wrote:

I've discovered that if I work on one adventure for too long, I get bored and stop making it. Which is terrible! So I always try to keep at least two adventures that I am working on, and try to get them done ASAP so I don't get discouraged. Once I am done with the story and all the hard parts, then I start releasing some of the props and working on the small details such as greenery and scenery. Releasing props before the adventure gets you lots of good comments, like "omgf this looks awezomme i cant wait 4 teh adventurezz!"

So far it has turned out to be an effective strategy. I forgot to mention, once you are pretty sure that you are going to release the adventure and not let it die, you should release a sneak-peek creation, like one of your props that reveals what the adventure may be about.
Back to top Go down
ArsDraconis
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
ArsDraconis

Location : I know I need a funny location, but I just can't think of any! D:

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:13 pm

I have 23 unfinished adventures. happy.:
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/ArsDraconis
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:15 pm

O_O

i have over 100 emmbarrased!
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/camelfox/BLOG/Camelfoxs_Blog/Camelfoxs_Blog.ht
ArsDraconis
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
ArsDraconis

Location : I know I need a funny location, but I just can't think of any! D:

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:20 pm

camelfox wrote:
O_O

Wistle
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/ArsDraconis
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 pm

camelfox wrote:
O_O

There's nothing wrong with that. It means you have more stuff to work off of! And you're lucky, because your unshared content isn't constantly deleted like mine is!

Oh, and by the way, I made this thread so that people could SHARE their unfinished adventures! Not so that people can say how many they have! So start sharing! NOW!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DarkStar
Purple spice
Purple spice
DarkStar

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:52 pm

I'v been working on a very "important" adventure, but havn't gotton to finishing it yet! Thankfully the deadline is the end of october. happy.:
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:55 pm

one, on this computer. but some others got deleted. and if I ever get bored with creating an adventure, I just ad a new floor or building and go ZOMG IT'S AWESOME 'N' STUFF NOW GOTTA FINISH ITZ
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Share em'?

Oh dear, I will emberass myself.
But hopefully not.
Back to top Go down
Daxter
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Daxter

Location : Everywhere, Nowhere, and absolutly somewhere (possibly about to kill you.

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:17 pm

I usualy have none 'cause I work on them til it's good. Check out my adventures so far and comment about things i should fix!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

Upvotes: : 18

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 11:50 pm

my favorite one was your captain was captured by his enemies and you have to escape. I didn't finish it because... wait, why the heck didn't I finish it? I should finish it right now! (along with the other 50 that are there as well...)
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:03 am

Terwynd wrote:
my favorite one was your captain was captured by his enemies and you have to escape. I didn't finish it because... wait, why the heck didn't I finish it? I should finish it right now! (along with the other 50 that are there as well...)
That reminds me... I made an adventure like that once. It was a puzzle adventure, where you were captured by the Grox and you needed to escape the research facility where they were keeping you. I only ever completed the first room, but the idea was that you would look for clues around the room and assemble some kind of bomb to get through, and there would be similar puzzles along the way. I never finished it because I was out of ideas, and I later realized that adventures involving the Grox never seem to turn out well.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:15 am

Gelatino95 wrote:
Terwynd wrote:
That reminds me... I made an adventure like that once. It was a puzzle adventure, where you were captured by the Grox and you needed to escape the research facility where they were keeping you. I only ever completed the first room, but the idea was that you would look for clues around the room and assemble some kind of bomb to get through, and there would be similar puzzles along the way. I never finished it because I was out of ideas, and I later realized that adventures involving the Grox never seem to turn out well.
tupps!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:38 am

I have many unfinished adventures! and I'll proberley never finish them! mainly cuz after a while I get sick of it! and want to try new things..
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:47 am

I created almost forty GroxQuest adventures! I never shared them because I realized that people might get sick of them before I got to the climax. So I deleted all of them and started over. I've shared ten of my NEW GroxQuest episodes (few of which have gotten more than ten plays) and these ones are good quality. If only people would actually play them!
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:02 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
I created almost forty GroxQuest adventures! I never shared them because I realized that people might get sick of them before I got to the climax. So I deleted all of them and started over. I've shared ten of my NEW GroxQuest episodes (few of which have gotten more than ten plays) and these ones are good quality. If only people would actually play them!
It's a huge mistake to delete your adventures, even if you think you may never use them. Who knows, you may change your mind. Also, it may give you some ideas for future adventures. Besides, they're doing no harm by sitting around in your unshared creations.

That brings up a totally off-topic point: Why aren't there separate folders in-game for shared and non-shared creations? That would be so convenient.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:05 am

there are gelo, you just click one of those markers on top with the shared icon
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:07 am

Dark_Heroics wrote:
there are gelo, you just click one of those markers on top with the shared icon
Yeah, but then it doesn't order your creations by the time they were created. So it's really inconvenient in finding your recent creations that were shared. If they made separate folders, it would be so much easier.
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm

It would be very convinient. But i assume that.. EAxis is just plain dumb.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:04 pm

Mighty_Glass wrote:
It would be very convinient. But i assume that.. EAxis is just plain dumb.
Oh, come on, Glass... everyone makes mistakes. They just haven't gotten around to fixing their mistakes. Besides, Maxis is super busy with Darkspore anyway.
Back to top Go down
TheExodus
Red Spice
Red Spice
TheExodus

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 3:39 pm

Man, I can't even COUNT how many adventures I've started and gave up on or thought about starting but never got around to.

A great example: My Galahan War storyline.
While not a single GA, it was started back in February with the teaser, and has been neglected since. It'll be done someday, but when exactly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unfinished Adventures?   Unfinished Adventures? Empty

Back to top Go down

Unfinished Adventures?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next