GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
A Page of Rants Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
A Page of Rants Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
A Page of Rants Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
A Page of Rants Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
A Page of Rants Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
A Page of Rants Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
A Page of Rants Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
A Page of Rants Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
A Page of Rants Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
A Page of Rants Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
A Page of Rants Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
A Page of Rants Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
A Page of Rants Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
A Page of Rants Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
A Page of Rants Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
A Page of Rants Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
A Page of Rants Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
A Page of Rants Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
A Page of Rants Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

A Page of Rants

Go down 
+7
Lazernugget
Dark_Heroics
Pintoz
camelfox
Hutch
Gelatino95
byball9
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

Upvotes: : 1
Location : It's on a need-to-know basis, and you probably don't want to know

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:53 pm

If you have something on Spore or in life that you REALLY DISLIKE (like downraters!) post a rant or just an opinion (which would probably be a rant anyway) in this topic. I'll post mine soon. (It's about DOWNRATERS!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:17 pm

I think the thing that bugs me most is people who care so much about the condition of Spore, and are fanatical about it, downraters or not. People post creations with rants about downraters and such, but all it does is block the MPN from aspiring creators like many of us. I honestly do not think that hateful creations will change the ways of downraters. You would not believe how many creations I've seen in the MPN list that say "Downraters Suck!" or "Come back, ______!" (in the blank, put the name of a popular creator). The online feature of Spore was made so that people can be proud that others can give feedback on their creations, not so that people can adore popular creators and wage war over them! I don't want this to sound like I'm trying to raise a rebellion, so if I may use a line from Andeavor, It's just a game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:46 am

I'm really getting annoyed about the volume of six year old's on xbox live. Seriously, I can't play a single game of modern warfare 2 multiplayer without having some youngster brag that he is "Tenth prestige" (Most of those jerks hack the game, or join hacked lobbies to attain it) and then freak out when they start to suck, which they always do. Muting them works if they are alone, but they travel in packs. The almighty mute button is sometimes useless.
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:31 am

I'm not a featured or popular creator, have never claimed to be, and probably never will be. And this rant is not about downraters; sometimes, a creation deserves the rating it receives. But when people do rate something, many of them do not release the full scale of what they are doing. If they're rating a big-shot super adventure, then one rating won't matter at all. But if they're rating a small, ten-play adventure like mine, one rating can take it from blue to yellow, yellow to orange, or even orange to red. So all I ask of people in this rant is to take rating more seriously, and truly consider whether the adventure or creation you're rating is truly worthy of the vote you're about to cast.
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

Upvotes: : 4

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:37 pm

byball9 wrote:
I'm not a featured or popular creator, have never claimed to be, and probably never will be. And this rant is not about downraters; sometimes, a creation deserves the rating it receives. But when people do rate something, many of them do not release the full scale of what they are doing. If they're rating a big-shot super adventure, then one rating won't matter at all. But if they're rating a small, ten-play adventure like mine, one rating can take it from blue to yellow, yellow to orange, or even orange to red. So all I ask of people in this rant is to take rating more seriously, and truly consider whether the adventure or creation you're rating is truly worthy of the vote you're about to cast.

don't be too irked. make your best... be nice, send comments. the subs and rates ..maybe features will come.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/camelfox/BLOG/Camelfoxs_Blog/Camelfoxs_Blog.ht
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:23 pm

camelfox wrote:
byball9 wrote:

don't be too irked. make your best... be nice, send comments. the subs and rates ..maybe features will come.

Depends on the people, Popular creators very often comment back, but most of the time I get rates. Fine by me, but never enough to be on the first page on the MPN.
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:42 pm

This isn't so much a rant as an opinion about Clark and Stanley. Yesterday, iI released my first (and probably last) Clark and Stanley adventure. Today, it has a green rating and was on the most popular new adventures list. For me, this was astounding, and just goes to show how C&S screws up the MPN: this adventure took me about two days, while my last adventure took about a week and got about half the amount of plays. oh my!
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:12 am

byball9 wrote:
...this adventure took me about two days, while my last adventure took about a week and got about half the amount of plays. oh my!

Two days??? I can make a Clark and Stanley adventure in an hour, and that's a good one! When you make an eight-act epic story featuring Clark and Stanley that takes a month to make, let me know.
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:14 am

I always put in A LOT of details, which is why it takes me a long time to make any adventure.
Back to top Go down

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 6:45 am

byball9 wrote:
I always put in A LOT of details, which is why it takes me a long time to make any adventure.

i do that too! i do it with my clark and stanleys, my epic quests, everything, really! for me, i always have descriptions for acts, make sure the backround is perfect, make sure the adventure has pictures and description and most importantly an awesome name! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:47 am

One other thing: if you play an adventure where you start out stuck in the floor, don't rate the adventure. Starting out in the floor probably wasn't creator's fault, so it would be best to just let it be.

A Page of Rants Byball10
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Gamer111 wrote:

i do that too! i do it with my clark and stanleys, my epic quests, everything, really! for me, i always have descriptions for acts, make sure the backround is perfect, make sure the adventure has pictures and description and most importantly an awesome name! Cheers!

I think I give all my adventures good pictures and good names, but I'm very underrated, so it really doesn't make that much of a difference, unfortunately. I'll keep trying, but so far, I haven't had that magical adventure that's gotten me higher in the creator ranks. :I
A Page of Rants Byball10
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 5:04 am

How come nobody ever uses this thread any more? It was so much fun.

(Bump)
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

Upvotes: : 4

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:16 pm

I think i have something...

People who spams you with comments: "Will you be my friend?" "will you check my creations?" "FREAKIN' AWESUME DUDE!!!!1!!!1!!1111!!"
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:40 am

Yep. I don't get any if those, or rarely. But if I did...
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

Upvotes: : 0

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:44 am

I don't get mad when I'm downrated, but it bugs me so much when people like techno, andeavor and jake are, cuz they're such great people AND creators
Back to top Go down
byball9
Purple spice
Purple spice
byball9

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:46 am

Dark_Heroics wrote:
I don't get mad when I'm downrated, but it bugs me so much when people like techno, andeavor and jake are, cuz they're such great people AND creators

I don't really think they care: they've been on long enough and are so popular that downrating isn't a major issue for them. With popularity comes critics
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:48 am

yeah, they tell me they don't care

but I do cry
Back to top Go down
Lazernugget
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Lazernugget

Upvotes: : 6
Location : At the hadron colider poking antimatter with a rod.

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 2:59 am

Dark_Heroics wrote:

ME too! I hate that! they really don't deserve it!
Back to top Go down
Loon
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Loon

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:18 am

Hutch wrote:
I'm really getting annoyed about the volume of six year old's on xbox live. Seriously, I can't play a single game of modern warfare 2 multiplayer without having some youngster brag that he is "Tenth prestige" (Most of those jerks hack the game, or join hacked lobbies to attain it) and then freak out when they start to suck, which they always do. Muting them works if they are alone, but they travel in packs. The almighty mute button is sometimes useless.

I think those 6 year olds are hilarious... Especially if they attempt to curse at us, they just don't use the words right most of the time.

I have so many rants, but I'll try to think of a funny one for here...
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Loonquawl
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: No plays!   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 6:10 am

I got GA in September of 2009. Since then, I've released about fifteen Adventures I personally think are very well-done. Unfortunately, nobody seems to notice them, and those who do downrate if they lose the first time they try it!

I guess the lack of plays is partially my fault, as several of them have locked captains. But the stories don't make sense for other characters.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:08 am

Loon wrote:
Hutch wrote:

I think those 6 year olds are hilarious... Especially if they attempt to curse at us, they just don't use the words right most of the time.

I'd like to give a hearty laugh and claim those six year olds aren't on the PS3... but they are. is it just me, or do they sound like they're chubby kids slouched in an armchair with a plate of nachos?
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:26 am

Dark_Heroics wrote:
Loon wrote:
Hutch wrote:

I'd like to give a hearty laugh and claim those six year olds aren't on the PS3... but they are. is it just me, or do they sound like they're chubby kids slouched in an armchair with a plate of nachos?

Indeed... the same prinicple applies to Youtube - every kid who ever gives a tutorial has a head cold, stuffy nose, and sounds British.

Signing off,
3DBlenderRender
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:07 am

the British accent is one of the best accents in the world... right after irish and just before the minnesota accent
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:15 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
I got GA in September of 2009. Since then, I've released about fifteen Adventures I personally think are very well-done. Unfortunately, nobody seems to notice them, and those who do downrate if they lose the first time they try it!

I guess the lack of plays is partially my fault, as several of them have locked captains. But the stories don't make sense for other characters.
Your problem is that you aren't noticed... nobody knows about your adventures because most people only look at the creations by their buddies and on the MPN. Here's how to get noticed:

1. Win a contest by a famous creator. I got second place in Parkaboy's space ship template contest, and that bumped up my subscriber number a bit.

2. Get a creation featured or on the MPN. MPN is probably better, though. This is pretty hard to accomplish, but it's a great way to get plays on your adventure. I suggest you post your adventure either here on GAC or on the Sporum, and hopefully people will uprate it.

3. Get active in the Sporum. I hardly ever use the Sporum, so I'm not sure how effective this is. If you participate in many discussions or contests in the Sporum, your name may get noticed. The same goes for commenting on popular creator's things: people notice your name more.

4. Get endorsed by a famous creator. The easiest way to do this is to create a challenge, and ask people to help judge it. Popular creators are often generous, so they may even make a creation advertising your contest.

That's about all I can think of... if you need more help, make sure you stop on by Gelatino's Advice Corner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Page of Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Page of Rants   A Page of Rants Empty

Back to top Go down

A Page of Rants
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next