GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Well... Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Well... Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Well... Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Well... Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Well... Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Well... Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Well... Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Well... Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Well... Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Well... Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Well... Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Well... Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Well... Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Well... Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Well... Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Well... Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Well... Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Well... Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Well... Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Well...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

Well... Empty
PostSubject: Well...   Well... EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 12:55 pm

Are we done here?
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Terwynd
Purple spice
Purple spice
Terwynd

Upvotes: : 18

Well... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well...   Well... EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 4:30 am

If you mean done as in "The forum is completely dead and we're no longer internet pals" then no, we aren't done. Not by a long shot. The original spirit of this site, however, I feel has died out though.

While we're no longer this huge forum that hosted 13 members online at all times, I still remember the days when we had all these very prolific members like Dark_Heroics, Drew, Hutch, Gamer, Loon, Lazer, Gelatino, Glasspinne, DarkStar, Pat, Nagho, Grofile, ArsDraconis, Shadow, Camelfox, Frikkin' Vektrix, just to name a FEW of the many, MANY members we've seen come to this site. And the truth is, I miss those days. We had a hell of a time with our old spore-related contests and RPs. I considered many of the GAC members, current as well as bygone members, my real friends, because I was able to connect and converse with you better than I ever could with my schoolmates. I know I haven't discussed this before with you guys, in fact, this might surprise the hell out of you, but when I joined this forum, I had few real-life friends, and it seemed like everyone but the friends I had hated me. I was preyed upon by my entire grade, and I suffered a lot of scars, both physical and not-so-physical. I became very, very depressed as a result. I started to eat less, and because of that, I ran into some medical complications. I seriously considered committing suicide a couple times during this part of my life, but when I remembered that I was still a part of the GAC with friends to meet and join with every day, I pushed those considerations to the side. Here, I had a selection of at least 25 people all in one place, each user different and all of which friendly and, in general, pleasant towards me. This friendly nature the website provided me is pretty much the reason I'm still here today. Luckily I'm out of that whole situation and I'm perfectly content about where I am, but hey, now you know a little bit about my 'dark backstory'. And now that I have one, I wonder if that makes me an acceptable member of the Nerrone's Rangers now- OH WAIT IT'S DEAD.

But I think the point I'm trying to get at is that this place has pushed me through the harder times, and the reason I haven't left like the members I listed above, is because I know that I can always come to this website and have an enjoyable time, whether it be a cool little chat in the GAC Chatbox or a whole coordinated night where we play games together. When I look at the GAC, I don't see a dying website, I see a place where my friends have come and gone, and I think that the ones that have left did so on good and reasonable terms, like Hutch did. Now the group is much smaller, but a smaller memberlist only means I can spend more time with each one that hasn't left, and that's exactly what all of us have been doing; spending time with each other. So, no, we aren't done here. Not by a long shot. I still have a great RP to run, with active members passionate about laying their mark on my own fiction, and Delta has a great group to host a good old-fashioned Game Night with our veteran members. We're still a very active group, it's just that we don't use the actual forum for very much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sean1M
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Sean1M

Upvotes: : 1

Well... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well...   Well... EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Wow that is very deep. I never knew your life was like that Terwynd. I've heard many stories about people killing themselves because of social issues such as bullying and the fact that you were able to fight that even with this place helping and supporting you is amazing.

I on the otherhand have social problems of a different kind. In real life I don't really like being around people much. I tend to push people away and I have never understood the social games people play. This has all made me a very isolated person that is overly cautiously and would rather be around other animals whether that be cats, dogs, rabits, mice, fish, insects etc. than other people.

I remember Frost invited me here and upon entering I got two PMs. One was from Frost who was kinda nagging about what I should and shouldn't do (no offence intended Frost) and the other was a welcome message from Kitty. Not long after I started posting though Kitty pretty much went all red eyes and ripping talons intent on slicing my neck. Despite all this though I have enjoyed my time here and it is quite sad that I missed most of the activity with all the moving back to Australia and stuff and then when I finally got back just about everyone else had left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Well... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well...   Well... Empty

Back to top Go down

Well...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GAC :: GAC :: GAC Discussion-
Jump to: