GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Oneshot Adventure ideas Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Oneshot Adventure ideas

Go down 
+6
Mitchz95
julius94
Gelatino95
Dark_Heroics
camelfox
Mudo
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mudo
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Mudo

Upvotes: : 0

Oneshot Adventure ideas Empty
PostSubject: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:04 am

Okay, I just joined this forum, and from what I've seen, it is painfully unproductive AT BEST. It seems like a fantastic idea though, so I'm going to do everything I can to make it more 'Usefull.'

The point of this thread is to DEVISE good oneshot adventures. A oneshot is defined as a single adventure, not part of a series, that follows the guidelines Spore set. A few good examples of this are Nethellus' "Braintree," Maxis' Infestation," Remypass' "Coler," or my own, "It's a trap!"

A oneshot can be comical, cool, scary, or even puzzling. Normally, oneshots don't have any gimmicks (I.E. underwater, stylefilters), but this is not always true.

Now I have many ideas for oneshot adventures, but I can't make them, as I am occupied with my % series. However, I'd be more than happy to help anyone here. Feel free to post ideas of your own too, and I'll write them down here, on the first post. Once the oneshot has been created, I'll put a line through the description of the adventure.

I'll start you guys off with 3 examples, and I'll try to make them as varied as possible.

The quest for the stained glass sword: In this adventure, the captain goes on a quest for an artifact of immeasurable value, a sword made of stained glass, made by a long deceased artist. The captain wanders through a desserted castle, fighting off a few goblins along the way, until they reach the tower where the sword is hidden. However, the door is locked, and the captain must go to the dungeon for the key. In the dungeon he fights a few skelotons, and eventually obtains the key. Upon unlocking the door to the tower, the ghost of the artist appears, and a bossfight takes place in the tower. When you win, the sword appears, and the captain picks it up, but the castle starts to fall apart. The captain races out of the castle and beams up with the sword, and the winning text rolls.

A Grim encounter: In this adventure, the captain goes on a mission for a well known galactic criminal who has recently stolen a very dangerous weapon. The captain is not told what this weapon is, he is simply told to retrieve it, and to return it to his client. You beam down on a well guarded enemy base, and fight your way through guards until making your way into the bunker in the center of the base. Inside the bunker, you find all the enemies already dead, and make your way to the chamber with the weapon. There you see the criminal, also dead, and take the weapon from his corpse. But as soon as this happens, the criminal comes back to life and attacks the captain. You run away, and find the other enemies dead as well. You run like crazy until getting out of the base, where you see the criminal again. He explains the zombyfying effects of the weapon, and attacks you. You kill the criminal, and beam up as fast as you can, hoping that the weapon is properly disposed of.

The toaster of DOOOOOOOOM!: In this adventure, the captain beams down to investigate mysterious volcanic activity on the planet's surface. However, upon descending into the volcano, he finds it dormant, and a GIANT FREAKIN' TOASTER inside! The toaster commands the captain to go find his "Poptarts" or he will erupt the volcano, and destroy the sorounding ecostytem. The captain obliges, and goes on a search for the Poptarts. Upon finding them in a sacred tomb, he brings them back to the Toaster. The Toaster asks why they aren't Frozen, as he specifically asked for frozen Poptarts. The captain ignores the Toaster, and simply forgets the ecosystem, and beams up in complete disgust.

Stereotypical Canadian expedition In this adventure, the captain beams down to discover the varied Canadian stereotypes! He goes hunting with Mounties, makes maple syrup, complains about cold weather and bad soil, says "aboot," then he plays a game of curdling against the Canadian team, prooving once and for all that Curling was sent from space. Then you watch a hockey game, get drunk, and pick a fight with a Bull Moose. The End.

Okay, those weren't the best ideas ever, (Especially the last one) but that was all I could do on short notice. Your turn! Let's make GAC usefull! :D

Last edited by Mudo on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:54 pm

yes, i VERY much agree with you.
we need to start createing and advertising out GAC adventuires. i have a rather big one comeing out soon :D:
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/camelfox/BLOG/Camelfoxs_Blog/Camelfoxs_Blog.ht
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:54 pm

oh, BTW tag all GAC adventures GAC
Back to top Go down
Mudo
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Mudo

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Please avoid the dreaded double post Camel. :) Alright, well so far, not great. I was hoping for a little more feedback by now. But that's okay, I can wait.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm all for toasters! the only oneshot adventures going through my head is a magical adventure in canada, where you encounter numerous stereotypes and hunt giant beavers with mounties... probably never going to happen, but a man can dream
Back to top Go down
Mudo
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Mudo

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Hmmm... I was hoping for something a little more... doable, but whatever you say, Canadian Stereotype adventure coming up to the first post!
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:38 pm

welll... I could have put in more detail, but then where would the surprise be in the adventure?
Back to top Go down
Mudo
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Mudo

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Haha, very well. I put a basic outline in the first post, as promised.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:42 pm

no hockey? (also, it's curling, not curdling... unless your thinking of something involving dairy...)

I kind of want to make the adventure now
Back to top Go down
Mudo
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Mudo

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Haha, I added some hockey for you, and bull moose. Also, lol, my bad on the curdling. I love typos. emmbarrased!
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 pm

ok. so here's one.

you gat trapped ina large cave system with giant evil fis, and must make sacrifises and offerings to progess to the very end of the system and *oh lord!* have to climb an entire mountain range to get back to your ship!
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:39 pm

ah, canadian culture *sniff* :')
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:32 am

I am full of these adventure ideas! And I certainly have noticed how everyone on this forum talks about adventure series. Here's my idea: The king of a renaissance-style planet has disappeared, and you have to go into a parallel evil version of the castle to rescue him. (BTW, you can't use that idea because I'm already using it. Sorry!)

Here's an idea you CAN use: You go down to a planet that used to belong to your empire, but due to extremely cold conditions, they had to move away. When down there, you find that an evil miner has frozen it so he can harvest and sell ice. Somehow you stop him and the planet returns to its original state. The end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Mudo
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Mudo

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:35 am

Okay, adding your post jello, (care if I call you that? :Wink: ) And I'm adding Camel's above. Also, your post on the subject of parrellell worlds gives me another idea for a oneshot, so I'll add that too.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:36 am

You can call me that, but use a G instead of J. And one L would be nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Mudo
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Mudo

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:48 am

Whew, that was alot of typing. I added more detail to the plot, hope you don't mind. And no problem, Gelo it is! I'll type up my new idea soon, but not just yet.
Back to top Go down
Mudo
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Mudo

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:02 am

%!@#%!@%^#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just realized that I forgot to hit send after typing all that! Sorry guys, but I'm just too lazy to write it all back out right now. I'll do it later. :(:
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:10 pm

there's one tickleing the back of my mind... but i just cant put it "on paper" yet. just wait though. it's good.
Back to top Go down
Mudo
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Mudo

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:26 am

Alrighty then. As soon as you post that up here, I'll put in all the new ideas that are missing.
Back to top Go down
julius94
Red Spice
Red Spice

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Hey guys, I also have a good idea. I used it myself too (or atleast tried to). You make some kind of mission where you have to defeat all kinds of evil forces and when you're finnished you make an adventure that is almost the same but then with something added to make it real weird.

If you don't get what I mean, you can have a look at my adventures: "When robots attack!" and the weird version: "When penguins attack!"...

and i've got an idea for a normal one-shot adventure:
your captain arrives at a planet where he and some others go on a treasure hunt for a powerful artefact. now when they get there (in one of the first acts) the artefact bewitches one of the friends and that one suddenly wants to take over the world. you stop him and take away the artifact, wich turns him back to normal. but now the artifact takes control of the other friend! (the rest you may think of yourself). It would be cool if you could make the player also want the artifact for himself, but I haven't really figured out how to...
anyways, I hope you like this idea... I don't have time for it myself because I am working on "Civilisation", but if i have time i will use this...
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Canadians   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:10 am

I've already found two stereotypical Canadian adventures in my Sporepedia. Seriously, Canadians aren't THAT bad!

Last edited by Mitchz95 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding my sig.)
Back to top Go down
Dark_Heroics
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Heroics

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:15 pm

don't worry, it's okay if CANADIANS make fun of themselves....
Back to top Go down
Pintoz
Pintoz

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:00 am

Yeah, Great "tutorial" or so to say..
Back to top Go down
Frogger1093
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Frogger1093

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:33 am

Some recreation of Monty Python's Holy Grail?...

I've been toying around with the idea for awhile. That or Grifball. "Catch the disease!"
Back to top Go down
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 3:37 am

sounds cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oneshot Adventure ideas   Oneshot Adventure ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Oneshot Adventure ideas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next