GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Pokemon X and Y Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Pokemon X and Y

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:59 am

There has been an announcement for the sixth generation Pokemon game, available on 3DS, on Serebii.net (probably elsewhere, too)

Thoughts, people!

Personally, I find the water starter goofy, but that's just new generation xenophobia kicking in. Do you think this generation will be better than the current fifth?
Also to note, Game Freak has finally dropped the colour from the game titles and has now resorted to chromosome names.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 am

Looks like Game Freak has yet to learn that graphics don't matter in pokemon games. Swinging from vines and all that s*** seems like it would get pretty annoying. And those battle clips look absolutely horrendous. A randomly panning camera was already bad enough in gen 5, but they really don't need to make everything 3D. Those kind of graphics should be saved for console games, where I would graciously accept them. But in my handheld games, I want PIXELS, not 3D models.
ΔEDIT: Censored banned word.
And also, 6th gen so soon? They still have plenty of time to milk profits from gen 5
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 am

That's what I thought too. I still haven't finished White 1 yet, and I've got Black 2 to get started on straight away.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 am

I still haven't bought white 2 and I'm definitely not going to drop any money on that. I'm only gonna play it if someone else gets it for me.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:49 am

It seems like an interesting experiment on Gamefreak's part, but I can see how those blinded by nostalgia could be nervous. It's certainly a change, to be sure. No Bird's Eye View of the overworld? That's a... interesting design choice. I can't really say much about the game from this piece of footage, but it'd be interesting to see what other changes they make.

plus those new pokemon are adorbs, gimmie that Fennekin NOW plz kthnx

Gelatino95 wrote:
I want PIXELS, not 3D models.
....but 3D models ARE pixels, they're just rendered differently from 2D sprites in the game engine.
Smarty-pants attitude aside, do you think that Pokemon Emerald-grade graphics would hold up in the mainstream market these days? Hate to point this out, but if Nintendo didn't start upping their game (or games, as it would seem) Pokemon would be dead by now. As proven by Activison, making the same basic game over and over starts to wear down on the IP.
also lol Delta
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:20 am

Yeah, I wasn't being literal when I said I wanted pixels not 3D. I meant sprites. The 2D style seems better suited to the portable games. 3D models are all well and good, but the repetitive nature of RPG battling means that visually-stunning scenes aren't so necessary, as the novelty will probably wear off almost immediately (just like with gen 5's dynamic camera. I've pretty much just tuned that out by now)

And to be fair, Emerald graphics probably wouldn't cut it these days, but I strongly believe that there are ways to improve 2D pixel art beyond what the 3rd gen games offer. Maybe higher resolution, more dynamic and varied environments, maybe a bit of parallax just to put the icing on the cake. If Game Freak has the time to make and animate all these 3D models, they could probably put that same effort into animating pixel art.
Back to top Go down
ReFrostE
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
ReFrostE

Upvotes: : 14

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:20 am

I think this is the only game where I like the grass starter, but not the water starter.

Also, YES THE LEGENDARIES ARE NOT DRAGONs ASDFGHJKL;!
Back to top Go down
http://aikawiifrostie.deviantart.com/
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:29 am

I always choose grass anyways.

We've still got till October until it actually comes out, so maybe some stuff will change.
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 am

I actually quite like the water starter. Frogs are cool because of Homestuck, but also it has a cool subtle bandit theme. The puffy stuff on its back resembles a sack, and those things on its nose sort of look like this:

Pokemon X and Y Tumblr_inline_mgbny2fOsx1qi2w9p

edit: Is it just me or does this forum decrease the quality of images that I post?
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:40 am

FrostieBuniou wrote:
Also, YES THE LEGENDARIES ARE NOT DRAGONs ASDFGHJKL;!
I was under the impression that the first legendary was a dragon-cross-bird thing, and we've only seen, like, 2 so far? There's bound to be more, so I wouldn't be so sure yet. I do quite like that deer pokemon at the end though.

Gelatino95 wrote:
edit: Is it just me or does this forum decrease the quality of images that I post?
Maybe it's because of your HUGE signature?
(it probably isn't but that thing is lagging my laptop way more than it should)
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:48 am

Kitty wrote:
Gelatino95 wrote:
Maybe it's because of your HUGE signature?
(it probably isn't but that thing is lagging my laptop way more than it should)
I'm not talking about just my signature, I'm talking about any image I post

(I put that in a spoiler for you so it shouldn't lag unless you open it)

I did a test and found that this forum does in fact reduce quality of images. Observe:

Pokemon X and Y Damontest2
Image before being posted on GAC, scaled up 600% (there is still a little bit of quality loss due to me posting it here in the first place, but not too much)

Pokemon X and Y Damontest3
Image after being posted on GAC, scaled up 600%

This kind of thing didn't happen in my other old forum, so it's not a problem with forumotion. I assume it must be some option in the admin panel, so Delta or Drew, if you're reading this, you should probably get on that
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

Upvotes: : 1

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:13 pm

My first impression of the overworld was 'This reminds me of Dragon Quest 9'. This is not necessarily a bad thing, especially due to the fact character customization is very likely (if you watch the part with the swinging on the vine, you can see the MC's glasses stay stationary, confirming they are not the same model).

Also, the Grass starter is the best.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 8:26 am

I must be really slow, but I JUST realised that Xerneas and Yveltal are supposed to represent the X and Y in the names of the games. I guess I'm getting Pokemon X then, because DAT DEER POKEMON IS PRETTY

EDIT: Just noticed something less obvious. In the video, each of the starters demonstrates 2 moves, one being a move that's the same as their type, and the other (from what I can tell by the move animation) is a different type. Froakie's second move looks like it's Fighting, Chespin's is Dark and Fennekin's is Psychic. Now, you may think that this isn't a big deal, but since said moves share a similar effectivness ratio as the starter types, I'm guessing that it'll give us a hint on what their evolution type would be. (If this theory is correct, then no more Fire/Fighting starters!)
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Yeah, from what I've seen the general consensus is that the starters are grass/dark, fire/psychic, and water/fighting
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 1:29 am

Kitty wrote:
Just noticed something less obvious. In the video, each of the starters demonstrates 2 moves, one being a move that's the same as their type, and the other (from what I can tell by the move animation) is a different type. Froakie's second move looks like it's Fighting, Chespin's is Dark and Fennekin's is Psychic. Now, you may think that this isn't a big deal, but since said moves share a similar effectivness ratio as the starter types, I'm guessing that it'll give us a hint on what their evolution type would be. (If this theory is correct, then no more Fire/Fighting starters!)

Well done, detective!
Back to top Go down
Ferrety
Green Spice
Green Spice
Ferrety

Upvotes: : 1

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 am

Add to that Chespin's face and hat before it uses Solarbeam and Froakie's constant ground-slapping and you've got yourself a coherent theory!
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:36 am

Groundbreaking discoveries

I think this theory is flawless and it should happen. I absolutely love it when everything occurs within a mythological context.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon X and Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y   Pokemon X and Y Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X and Y
Page 1 of 1