GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Dream Team (Forum Game) Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Dream Team (Forum Game)

Go down 
+5
Kitty
Chaos
DRaGO
trembler95
Potatrobot
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

Dream Team (Forum Game) Empty
PostSubject: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:41 am

The Earth is being attacked by its most vicious enemy yet! The Storyteller has granted you five (5) fictional characters, be them from books, movies or games. You must assemble an elite team using five characters to fight away the enemy!

---------

OK, so this is pretty much a thread where you make a team using your favourite characters and post them, but you must also rate the team above you in terms of its effectiveness, strength, etc, out of 10.

Rules:

-Five characters per team, each one distinct. I don't want to see a team full of different versions of a character.
-You can make as many teams as you want, but only one team per post.
-If you make another team, you must use a completely different set of characters.
-If someone has made a team with characters you really want to use, you can take two characters from that one team. Any more than that and you aren't really using your imagination.
-You can't use a character that you have created. So that means no Skyrim characters, RP characters, or Spore creations, etc.
-You can, however, use well characterised characters that other people have made. Still no Skyrim characters, because they're just skins.
-Not compulsory, but please do give a reason why you chose your character. Post a quote, a video, or just a description.

Does that sound fair? sweat

Form:

Team member 1:
Reason for choice:

Team member 2:
Reason for choice:

Team member 3:
Reason for choice:

Team member 4:
Reason for choice:

Team member 5:
Reason for choice:

I'll start us off then, shall I?

Team member 1: Doc Emmett Brown
Reason for choice: He has a time machine. And he's badass.

Team member 2: Col. James Rhodes and the War Machine armour
Reason for choice: That many guns in such easy access, what's not to love? Oh, and he has most of the powers of Iron Man, too.

Team member 3: R.O.B.
Reason for choice: I just like R.O.B., particularly for his portrayal in SSBB.

Team member 4: Jack West Jr.
Reason for choice: Jack West Jr. is pretty much a modern day Indiana Jones, only with at least twice the awesome factor. He's got a bionic arm, a trained falcon named Horus and is the leader of a coalition of small countries that hold their own against the larger world powers.

Team member 5: Ebbitt
Reason for choice: Ebbitt, from The Seventh Tower series, is an absolute nutcase. He's an old, crazy, hysterical Red Dimmer who used to be an Indigo Brightblinder, and thus has mastery of sunstones. He's just great.
Back to top Go down
trembler95
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
trembler95

Upvotes: : 0
Location : I once stepped in a deep fryer then ate my foot. Guess which one was the mistake.

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:22 pm

Sounds fun, I'll give it a try.

Team Member 1: Legion from Mass Effect
Reason for choice: He's an awesome robot and an amazing sniper.

Team Member 2: Deam Domino from Fallout: New Vegas DLC Dead Money
Reason for choice: One of my favorite characters, plus he's classy, sneaky, smart, and great with a gun.

Team Member 3: Johnny Topside (The first Big Daddy) from Bioshock 2
Reason for choice: He's a giant killing machine, what else do I need to say?

Team Member 4: The Iron Giant from The Iron Giant
Reason for choice: Pretty much a bigger version of Johnny Toside, only more Russian and with more lasers.

Team Member 5: Grim from Splinter Cell
Reason for choice: She's loyal and smart, and she'll do what has to be done with no hesitation.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:59 pm

Remember Trembler, you have to rate the team above like in music appreciation.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:04 pm

@Trembler's group 8/10, sounds pretty good.

Team member 1: The Gunzerker from Borderlands 2
Reason for choice: Duel-wielding machine guns, and he's also a midget on steroids, 'nuff said.

Team member 2: Ironhide from Transformers
Reason for choice: He is undoubtedly the coolest transformer of all, deal with it.

Team member 3: Giant Clank from the Ratchet and Clank games
Reason for choice: Giant Clank is something of a balanced tank, with rocket launchers and an energy bomb at his disposal.

Team member 4: Giant Mechanical Pyro from TF2
Reason for choice: He's hard to take down and carries a flare gun.

Team member 5: The Hidden from The Hidden
Reason for choice: He's nearly invisible to the naked eye, and not just everything can drive people insane like he can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 am

@Drago: 8/10 Too many robots, and robots can be sapped ;) but just like me you balanced your team on heavy fire with one stealth character and a filler (midget with dual guns... riiiight). An the thought of flaregun pyro is already giving me nightmares. Another failed AI attempt from Valve after L4d bots and robot bowmans (aka poorman's aimbot).

Team Member 1: Gordon Freeman
Reason for choice: Wasn't going all the way to Xen and bashing mother-alien's brain with a corwbar enough of a reason?

Team Member 2: Doom Guy
Reason for choice: If you like old school and like Doom, you guessed it already. He runs around 70mph an goes to hell to kill every single demon. Good enough for me.

Team Member 3: Deadpool
Reason for choice: He can regenerate, great with swords and guns. Also He's too mad even for his own safety and first two characters don't talk; Deadpool and the two voices inside his head will be more than enough to compensate for Doom's and Gordon's quiet personalities.

Team Member 4: Batman
Reason for choice: First three characters mostly use ground oriented combat skills (maybe except for Deadpool) and none of them use stealth skills (more like shoot'em up style). Batman can compensate for the lack of air combat and stealth along with vast supply of gagdets (I can see a nice team-up between Deadpool and Batman...nope)

Team Member 5: Stephen Hawking
Reason for choice: The first four were more than enough to handle the task anyways.
Back to top Go down
Chaos
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Chaos

Upvotes: : 3

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 7:48 am

@dark: 10/10. you got Emmett Brown, there is no beating a team that has their hands on a time machine. Nuff said.

Team Member 1: Magikarp
Reason for choice: See below

Team Member 2: A different Magikarp

Team Member 3: Another Magikarp

Team Member 4: Some other Magikarp

Team Member 5: A unique Magikarp

Reason for the magikarps are the following:
- In every pokemon game I have played as a kid, there was this one fisherman with 6 magikarps. It always beat the hell out of me why he did something like that; but also a strong sense of anxiety overwhelmed me as I could never be quite sure whether he was planning something unspeakably diabolic or not. By casting 5 unique magikarps in my team, I can finally find out why.
-Most trainers probably thought Gyrados (the evolved from of Magikarp) is the most aggressive Pokemon, but I will have you know that Magikarp is only red because his scales have been stained with the blood of all of his victims. Magikarp have been known to attack and drag down adult Donphan when they attempt to cross rivers, streams, and all other bodies of water. Magikarp can live in any kind of water making them the ultimate predatory aquatic beast.
-Splash is the most overpowered move in all pokemon series and is banned in all tournaments for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Kitty

Upvotes: : 58

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:55 pm

I know you're expecting a joke raiting like "10/10 would read again" but this is srs bsns so 2/10. I'll give you props for the reason though.

I personally think this idea from a game is really weird, but I'm bored so RANDOM CRACK TEAM GO

Team member 1: Professor Genki (Saint's Row the Third)
Dream Team (Forum Game) 44
Reason for choice: Genki was a renounced professor of science at the science university of science, who created a device in order to merge his dna with his cat's in order for both beings to live forever in harmony. The experiment was a success. He then became an incredibly powerful figure who replaced the pope as a holy icon. Unfortunantly, the experiment had side effects. Genki's enlarged brain granted him both supernatural power, and an unstoppable appetite for cat food and human brains. The nature of Genki was irreversible.
...Ahem. What I'm trying to say is, he's a great scientist. Also he's rich. And he's a cat.

Team member 2: Saxton Hale (Team Fortress 2)
Dream Team (Forum Game) 33
Reason for choice: He punches Crocodiles. He can fly by grabbing onto eagles while falling in midair. He single-handedly caused a species of shark to become extinct. He sells guns and gets in fights. Australia is shaped like his chest hair. I think I make my point.

Team member 3: Dog (Half Life 2)
Dream Team (Forum Game) 22
Reason for choice: Every team of 4 needs a canine companion. This one just happens to be made of scrap metal.
He's also quite good with tall enemies such as striders.
Spoiler:

Team member 4: Princess Celestia (My Little Pony)
Dream Team (Forum Game) 55
Reason for choice: I honest-for-god tried to stay away from ponies, but I had trouble thinking of someone else, so I'll have to include one. Might as well be the most powerful one, right? Right?
Celestia has magical power strong enough to control the celestial movements of the sun and the earth, and was able to basnish her sister (a pony whose power almost equals hers) to the moon. She can also call upon the Elements of Harmony. I can predict that she would be useful in a battle situation.

Team member 5: Charles Ofdensen (Metalocalypse)
Dream Team (Forum Game) 11
Reason for choice: Admit it, you were expecting a Dethklok related post somewhere here. Charles is Dethklok's manager, legal counsel, and chief financial officer, who acts as manager, lawyer, and adviser to the band. Dethklok happens to be the 7th largest economy in the world, who employs hundreds of engineers and scientists to develop technology (such as Hoverbikes and Scream-Powered lightning) for them exclusivley, which Charles has complete access to. From this, it can be understood that he has a lot of both power and money. He is also extremely good at problem solving, and combining those two aspects together give him incredible potential to do good in the suggested (or almost any) global crisis.
For example, he ended a war from breaking out between Israel and Syria.
Spoiler:

This post took over half an hour to think of. Now you know why I was hesitant to post here, Tate.
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:27 pm

According to what you told me on Skype, this is pretty well balanced. 8/10

Team member 1: Iroh (Avatar: the last airbender)
Dream Team (Forum Game) Tumblr_mapsq49QZ51qj1il8o2_500
Reason for choice: I'm fond of those that fill the role of 'wise old man who can bring the house down'. Iroh is one of them.

Team member 2: B.E.N (Treasure planet)
Dream Team (Forum Game) Treasure-planet-ben
Reason for choice: B.E.N is the kind of robot I really like: the crazy kind. Once he has his mind back, he's still crazy, but lawful crazy. He serves as a navigator.

Team member 3: Marvin
Reason for choice: Marvin from the Guide. I rest my case. If you're not convinced:

Team member 4: GIR
Reason for choice: Another crazy robot. He can be a distraction, a means of (flying) transport, an extra set of hands, a guard, or an information retriever. Either way, he's armed to the teeth.
Dream Team (Forum Game) Screen10

Team member 5: Ed
Reason for choice: Ed is a tank. His strength and resourcefulness is completely unparalleled. He's not bright at all, but there's already plenty of brain in the party. I just need a guy who can eat everything within a five block radius of his bed, use his teeth as a brake for a runaway shopping trolley, and cause untold destruction.

4:49 is particularly good.
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:42 pm

8/10 VIVA LA ROBOLUTION!

Team Memeber 1: Khan from Metro 2033
Reason for Choice: A philosophical man, which claims to be the last reincarnation of Djingis Khan, Khan has a wide arrange of knowledge and uses it to the max.
In a world of jackals, he became a wolf.
Okay, I really don't have any idea why I picked him. Maybe because he is awesome in the book. And he is old and a total badass.

Team Member 2: Dalton Brooks from the game Overstrike/Fuse
Reason for Choice: Considering himself a "people person", Dalton enjoys snapping the necks of his enemies.
He is the leader of a special force squad called Overstrike.
Spoiler:

Team Member 3: CL4P-TP Interplanetary Ninja Assasin from Borderlands
Reason of Choice: Interplanetary NINJA Assasin!
Spoiler:

Team Member 4: Darth Vader
Reason of Choice: Do I really have to say anything? He is badass, has an awesome cape, can strangle people with da FORCE and has a lightsaber.

Team Member 5: Sovereign from Mass Effect
Reason of Choice: A Kilometre long sentient spaceship that can destroy other spaceships in seconds and are almost invicible? Heck yeah!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PrincessNintendo
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
PrincessNintendo

Upvotes: : 19

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:11 pm

9/10 Not bad for a team of bad guys (I think?).

Team Member 1: Amatarasu
Reason of Choice: She's a frikkin wolf Goddess who has the powers of the Celestial Brush and can use some weapons like her fire disc/plate which *rests* on her back.

Team Member 2: Ratchet
Reason Of Choice: Sure the Lombax also uses weapons along with gadgets but he mainly relies on his wrench for attacking and fixing things. He's best friends with a small robot named Clank that acts as a helipack.

Team Member 3: Urdnot Wrex
Reason of Choice: Every team needs a powerhouse right? So Wrex naturally fits the description.

Team Member 4: Spyro
Reason of Choice: A small but deadly purple dragon that can wiled many elemetal breath attacks.

Team Member 5: Prof: Layton
Reason of Choice: Other then being a good fencer, he can solve every puzzel and comes up with odd but brilliant plans.
Back to top Go down
Pukinglilcuttlefish
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
Pukinglilcuttlefish

Upvotes: : 2

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:04 am

9/10 Those are all good characters. Some of them helped me get through my somewhat traumatizing childhood. Good job.

Team Member 1: Knight Artorias The Abyss Walker.
Reason of choice: Artorias has an unbendable will of steel, and is incredibly skilled with a great sword. Artorias also posses a great amount of strength, and can engulf his sword with dark magic.

Team Member 2: Corvo Atano
Reason of choice: He's an assassin with a cool looking mask and supernatural powers. He can summon swarms of rats, teleport, and do other sorts of cool stuff.

Dream Team (Forum Game) Dishonored-Feature

Team Member 3: Cthulhu
Reason of choice: Cthulhu is an almighty dark god. He can cause people to go insane from hundreds of miles away. Plus he's Cthulhu.
Dream Team (Forum Game) CthulhuFB1

Team Member 4: Christopher Johnson
Reason of choice: Christopher is loyal and intelligent. He does the right thing, despite the danger. Plus, he looks awesome.

Dream Team (Forum Game) Tumblr_m74xtgfdqG1rorvydo1_r1_500

Team Member 5: Tyrion Lannister
Reason of choice: He's a witty dwarf with a sharp tongue. He could give good advice, and serve as comic relief.

A SMALL AMOUNT OF FOUL LANGUAGE IS USED IN THIS VIDEO.
Back to top Go down
http://pukinglilcuttlefish.deviantart.com
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice
Talvox

Upvotes: : 2

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:19 am

9/10. Very nice.

Team Member 1: Adrian Shepard. (Half-Life: Opposing Force)
Reason: He's most definitely one of my favorite characters from the Half-Life series. My one complaint on this badass is that he can't slide.

Team Member 2: Altair. (Assassin's Creed I)
Reason: Who else can jump off a 500 foot building and survive by landing in a small cart of hay? Altair.

Team Member 3: Nathan Drake. (Uncharted Series)
Reason: This guy is awesome. His voice actor, Nolan North, also plays the Space Core from Portal 2. O_o

Team Member 4: Chell. (Portal Series)
Reason: I'd take anyone who has a portal gun for my team.

Team Member 5: Razputin. (Psychonauts)
Reason: This guy solves puzzles in the weirdest ways. Which can mean climbing on a ladder upside down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Taladox
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:52 am

6/10, it seems like you've got a big group of physically-toned people, but no tanks or powerhouses to back them all up. Plus, Chell and the portal gun are useless without special Aperture Science Portalable Surfaces.

Alright, let's see how effective a group I can make using only main characters from video games, not that it hasn't been done before. >:P

Team member 1: Ratchet (From Ratchet and Clank)
Reason for choice: He's agile, intelligent, and able to do front-flips while holding incredibly over-proportioned rocket launchers.

Dream Team (Forum Game) Ratchet

Team member 2: Jak (From Jak and Daxter)
Reason for choice: He's also agile, but brings with him a large selection of modular weapons that vary widely in purpose. But his most useful feature is the fact that he can transform into two enhanced forms; Chaotic for causing a giant mess of everything, and Light for being able to solve puzzles and fly around places (yes, he can make light wings sprout from his back).

Dream Team (Forum Game) Dark-Jak

Team member 3: Sly (From the Sly Cooper games)
Reason for choice: Agile and sneaky, Sly is a master thief who steals from other thieves, and would probably bring a moral balance to the team, odd considering his occupation.

Dream Team (Forum Game) SlyCooper

Team member 4: "Starkiller" (From The Force Unleashed)
Reason for choice: Once again, he's agile, and his dual wielding lightsabers combined with his crazy force powers make him a near unstoppable freight train (OF PAIN).

Dream Team (Forum Game) Games_Star_Wars__The_Force_Unleashed_2_023231_

Team member 5: Loadout Guy (From Loadout)
Reason for choice: HE'S AGILE DEAL WITH IT- Ahem. He's got access to a fully customizable arsenal of crazy weaponry, including different types of ammunition and triggers.

This message absolutely NOT sponsored by Loadout: The Game, in beta and on a computer near you.

Dream Team (Forum Game) New-shooter-loadout-announced-20120302024417774_640w
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dream Team (Forum Game)   Dream Team (Forum Game) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dream Team (Forum Game)
Page 1 of 1