GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)

Go down 
+2
Talvox
DRaGO
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Empty
PostSubject: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:05 pm

And yes, I am 100% serious!

Oh, you want proof?

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=94128543

Some pictures, perhaps?

Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) 637x358

If you aren't pumped by now, there's something wrong with you. Unless you have no idea what Black Mesa: Source is, in which case there's still something wrong with you, but I'll elaborate.

Black Mesa: Source is a complete recreation of Valve's debut masterpiece, Half-Life, built using the Source engine with a few extra goodies tacked on. It has been in development for about eight years now, something unheard of among the modding community. It was thought to have been dead by many for some time, only to resurface within the last few months until the release date was finally given.

If you still aren't pumped, -10,000 DRaGO points. >:{

So what do you guys think? Excited? Worried there might be a last-minute delay? Let me know what you think; my own thoughts should be pretty self-explanatory based on how I wrote this topic. razz

The only downside about this is that they aren't releasing the Xen portion of the game with this first release. sadfaec.

Last edited by DRaGO on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice
Talvox

Upvotes: : 2

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:22 am

More update news on Black Mesa. IT'S GOING TO BE ON STEAM. FOR FREE. HELL YES.
Right, I'm very hyped for this. (ERMAHGERD ERT'S CERMIN EN TREE DEYS!) And I am sort of worried there will be a last-minute delay. And the thing is, if it only has 8-10 hours of gameplay... I'm gonna finish it really quickly. Unless the puzzles are different and/or have a new twist to them. If they don't, that just sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Taladox
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 am

Free, yes, mind you that you will also need Source SDK 2007. Which btw is also free. If you guys don't know how to get it, go to your tools menu when you're in your Games library.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:34 am

Talvox wrote:
More update news on Black Mesa. IT'S GOING TO BE ON STEAM. FOR FREE. HELL YES.
Right, I'm very hyped for this. (ERMAHGERD ERT'S CERMIN EN TREE DEYS!) And I am sort of worried there will be a last-minute delay. And the thing is, if it only has 8-10 hours of gameplay... I'm gonna finish it really quickly. Unless the puzzles are different and/or have a new twist to them. If they don't, that just sucks.
You are the only one I know who can take "8-10 hours of gameplay" and think, "Wow, I'm going to finish that fast". 8-10 hours could hold me over for a week, unless I get really sucked into it.

Also, I'm thinking there might be a delay between September 14 and when it releases on Steam, but I hope that isn't the case.

Dark_Plague wrote:
Free, yes, mind you that you will also need Source SDK 2007. Which btw is also free. If you guys don't know how to get it, go to your tools menu when you're in your Games library.
I don't think you actually need to install that specifically, I think owning a game that uses Source is enough. But feel free to prove me wrong once the game comes out. razz
Back to top Go down
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice
Talvox

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:18 am

DRaGO wrote:
You are the only one I know who can take "8-10 hours of gameplay" and think, "Wow, I'm going to finish that fast". 8-10 hours could hold me over for a week, unless I get really sucked into it.
The Warhammer 40k Space Marine campaign was like 6 hours. I FINISH EVERY SINGLE EFFING GAME I OWN IN LESS THAN A WEEK. (Except Amnesia. SCREW YOU AMNESIA. SCREW. YOU.)
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Also, how about a video for you, if you haven't yet seen it:

Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Guess what comes out in 2 hours...
BLACK MESA SOURCE. ;D
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Bets that the site crashes within two minutes of release? razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:46 pm

I say within 30 seconds. ;D
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 5:07 pm

I've got the page on a separate tab, and I plan on being there when it hits 0:0:00:00. 'Course, it might just be a better idea to wait until it comes out on Steam... But who knows when that will happen.

EDIT: 30 minutes!
Back to top Go down
Dark_Plague
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Dark_Plague

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 5:33 pm

10 minutes left!
Why don't we listen to one of my favourite songs from the soundtrack:
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 5:46 pm

30 SECONDS!

EDIT: The moment the timer hit 0, I clicked refresh. And the site was down. XD

EDIT2: After countless refreshes, I've finally got something on the site. It says, and I quote, "0%".

me;;ow

EDIT3: EXPLANATION... They had a system crash about 20 minutes ago and they're still trying to find their files. Just one of those days I guess.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 pm

Well the site appears to be working now, all that remains is to navigate the download mirrors, of which there is a choice of three — Gamefront, MaxCDN and Torrent.

Both MaxCDN and Torrent are giving me a 403 "Forbidden" error, and GameFront seems to have two files (this and this) on it. As you can see, however, it's apparent there are meant to be three. O_o

Anyone getting further than I am at the moment?

EDIT: One way or another the mod's forum also appears to be dead, so no help there. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 8:02 pm

I've been downloading it from this link: http://www.shacknews.com/file/32999/black-mesa-source-10-windows-free-game

A bit slow, I think it's been going for about an hour with 1GB down, but it's better than nothing.

EDIT: Installing Black Mesa as we speak. cute
Back to top Go down
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice
Talvox

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:12 am

I memorized the time it came out at my time.
8:46 AM.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Alright, so once more people than me have finished the game, post here what you thought of the game in general, as well as the ending. I'll refrain from spoiler-y stuff since I know some of you won't appreciate that, but I think most of us know how it was going to end before the game was even released.

Like I told tala right after finishing it, this may have been the best Source game I've ever played, mod or official game release otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Epsilon
Purple spice
Purple spice
Epsilon

Upvotes: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm

It is a bit strange why the original Half Life is going for £6 on Steam.

Yet the HD remake is free? Is there something I've missed here?
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Epsilon wrote:

It's odd to me as well, I would have gladly paid $20 for the past 10 hours I've spent in this game, but I think they decided from the beginning to have it be free because of it being a HL remake mod.
Back to top Go down
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice
Talvox

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:22 am

DRaGO wrote:
Epsilon wrote:

It's odd to me as well, I would have gladly paid $20 for the past 10 hours I've spent in this game, but I think they decided from the beginning to have it be free because of it being a HL remake mod.
I'm actually glad it's free. I probably wouldn't have gotten it until much, much later after you guys had bought it and finished it.
I told Drago after he finished it that it's probably the best game I've ever played, not just the best Source game I've played. I'm still not done, but the fun I've had so far with it is amazing. Music is my favorite part.
Hopefully Black Mesa will be on steam officially by the time the Xen update comes out.
(I had to wait a bit so I could download. Dad brought the files home from work for me.)

Oh, and then there's Operation: Black Mesa and Guard Duty which are Source'd versions of Opposing Force and Blue Shift to hype about.

EDIT: Also, listen to my favorite song of the soundtrack which plays during the best combat scene of the game.
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Dangit! I've tried to download it for the past hours and haven't gotten it to work. Trying Torrent now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)   Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda) Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Mesa: Source Released! (Kinda)
Page 1 of 1