GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Favorite Book? - Page 2 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Favorite Book?

Go down 
+10
Gelatino95
Delta
Kitty
Drew
Potatrobot
Mitchz95
PrincessNintendo
DRaGO
Epsilon
IsakTheWriter
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

Favorite Book? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book?   Favorite Book? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Dark_potato57 wrote:
My sister told me that in the book it ate its way out of her abdomen and killed her, but she lives on in the movie.

In the book, she survived long enough for them to inject vampire venom into her heart, so she turned into a vampire and survived. Don't remember it very well, though.
Back to top Go down
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book?   Favorite Book? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Okay, Imma butt in here and give my take on Twilight.

I haven't read any of the books, nor do I plan on it, but from information I've garnered from a few friends, I have come to a fairly solid conclusion: the books are only selling an idea. Even my friends who liked the books said that the writing wasn't very good, but nonetheless they enjoyed the series. This lead me to believe that the books are only popular because they sell the idea of supernatural powers/forbidden love, two things that a lot of people are excited about, albeit the latter appeals more to females.

So yeah, that's my conclusion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book?   Favorite Book? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:40 pm

It's just that what I don't like with Twilight. First, there is the language. Terrible.
Second, the forbidden love part? No problem. The supernatural powers? No problem.
Those two combined= wall
Back to top Go down
3D
Admin

Upvotes: : 8

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book?   Favorite Book? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 pm

Dark_potato57 wrote:
Unfortunately, during the movie Breaking Dawn, Bella did not die giving birth to vampire-human hybrid baby she foolishly conceives. My sister told me that in the book it ate its way out of her abdomen and killed her, but she lives on in the movie. This is probably how the director managed to pull another movie out of the series.

I read that as:
"My sister told me that the book it ate its way out of her abdomen and killed her, but she lives on in the movie."
No wonder it seemed like a strange book...
Back to top Go down
https://wordpress.com/posts/agcodes.wordpress.com
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book?   Favorite Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:25 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
In the book, she survived long enough for them to inject vampire venom into her heart, so she turned into a vampire and survived. Don't remember it very well, though.

Oh. Well, that's a heart breaker.

DRaGO wrote:
I haven't read any of the books, nor do I plan on it, but from information I've garnered from a few friends, I have come to a fairly solid conclusion: the books are only selling an idea. Even my friends who liked the books said that the writing wasn't very good, but nonetheless they enjoyed the series. This lead me to believe that the books are only popular because they sell the idea of supernatural powers/forbidden love, two things that a lot of people are excited about, albeit the latter appeals more to females.

From what I've heard that's just about it. I can see where the appeal would come from, but the bad writing just pins it to a wall and stabs it to death with a rusty spoon.

IsakTheWriter wrote:
It's just that what I don't like with Twilight. First, there is the language. Terrible.
Second, the forbidden love part? No problem. The supernatural powers? No problem.
Those two combined= wall

Not really. Superpower+forbidden love have made great story combinations in the past, even if I have never read one and can't provide an example. Stephanie Meyer might have done a good job if she didn't uproot the laws regarding supernatural beings that have been upheld for centuries (vampire that stands in sunshine, eats garlic foods, doesn't turn into a bat and lives in a house with a massive crucifix on the far wall along with 'werewolves' that shift shapes at will rather than waiting for a full moon night), neglected to stuff the story with forced Christian morals, refrained from loading the plot with racism (most ethnic characters end up dying or being evil) and sexism (Bella's two friends want to shop constantly and have babies respectively, and Bella always does exactly what shiny-boy says), and if she just didn't make Edward's every action overtly creepy. Rapists do what he does.

3D wrote:
I read that as:
"My sister told me that the book it ate its way out of her abdomen and killed her, but she lives on in the movie."
No wonder it seemed like a strange book...

The death toll from the books alone surpasses that of a major natural disaster. They have to get the numbers up somehow =]

Last edited by Dark_potato57 on Wed May 02, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Talvox
Green Spice
Green Spice
Talvox

Upvotes: : 2

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book?   Favorite Book? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:17 am

Have any of you guys read Michael Vey? If you haven't, your missing out on a really, really good book. There's a lot of action, and quite a bit of electricity in it. Oh, and some romantic parts (>.<) between the two main characters, Michael and Taylor(Not Swift). And the Hunger Games. Those books are really good. My dad has his opinion on the last 2 books of the Hunger Games, and he says that the author is making up problems for the main character, just for the sake of making problems. He still says they're good. And so do I. My other suggestions would be to read the Underland Chronicle series by Suzanne Collins, (Hunger Games Author) and the Percy Jackson series. (OH GREAT I MONOLOGUED! wall)
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Taladox
camelfox
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
camelfox

Upvotes: : 4

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book?   Favorite Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:24 am

been reading World War Z. its amazing. the movie's gonna be amazing too.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/camelfox/BLOG/Camelfoxs_Blog/Camelfoxs_Blog.ht
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Book?   Favorite Book? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Book?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2