GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

Nerrone's Rangers IC

Go down 
+7
Lazernugget
Darkshadow
PrincessNintendo
Potatrobot
Delta
IsakTheWriter
Mitchz95
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
DRaGO
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
DRaGO

Upvotes: : 39

Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:23 am

Xol, toting his new helmet, walked over to where the group was talking and inserted, "EMP torpedos sound fine to me, Xvak knows I'll be more focused on piloting than firing those things." He paused. "Wait... You were planning on them being manned by someone else, right?"

((Gawd, why can't I write long posts anymore...?))
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Dragonman9
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

Upvotes: : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:58 am

Flank had to give the point to the EMPs since they had the majority votes. Although he still wasn't happy with it.
"And I hope you're a good shot too," he said to Bor, "because you're firing them. I can't go anywhere near them; that sort of ordinance screws up my body big time. Maybe, Grey, we can give making some more of those special rounds another shot, but in a more... stable workplace. If this guy-" he gestured at Bor "can land a hit we can probably get a pretty good shot in."
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

Upvotes: : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 4:25 am

"I don't know, it seems that the gods don't want us tinkering with your rounds like that, but we can probably give it a try, just know that this new toy I have is a bit too powerful to be welding explosive ordnance." Grey replied, he then switched on his comlink in an attempt to contact Kwa.

"The majority of us seem to be leaning towards the EMP torpedoes, do we have your permission to go ahead and give these guys the green light?"
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:08 am

"Go for it," Kwa replied over the comms.

Veld, meanwhile, caught Xol's concern:

"The targeting system is accessed via the cockpit, but as long as there is a co-pilot handy you should still be able to concentrate on flying."

"It's settled then." Governor Dier said, "The Lacuna should be fully repaired and upgraded by tomorrow morning. I think you all should consider having a rest until then — Spode knows you have earned it."

"Well, it has been a pleasure working with you all, and I cannot possibly thank you enough." Dier turned to leave, "Safe travels, and I do hope you'll give Commander Ahk's offer due consideration. In times like these, we are rather starved for heroes."

The rest of the day followed uneventfully: A reasonably priced hotel hosted them for the night while work was done on the Lacuna — after having Dagon transferred to one of the city's hospitals and eating dinner with the rest of the group, Kwa, for one, headed straight to her room and remained there until the following morning.

A new day dawned, and the Rangers gathered once again on the landing pad outside the Police Bureau. As promised, the Lacuna had been returned in full working order — they had even cleaned some of the rust off it. Sure enough, closer inspection revealed that a rack of three torpedoes had been mounted below the hull, and in the cockpit they found a targeting monitor had been added along with the controls necessary to use the new weapons.

Stepping back on board, Kwa seemed pleased with the results.

"It was becoming awfully chilly in here with the wind blowing through all those holes in the hull. What say we take her for a spin?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:37 pm

"Sure." Flank said from the back of the group. He wasn't feeling very well rested; most of the time he just had a blue spice solution to overcome the discomfort of his hybrid implants when he was in bed, but the thought of that thing he saw when he was shot in the chest kept coming back to scare him. Sapphire Point had taken his mind off it, but once he had some time to think it just wouldn't leave him alone. Eventually the double-dose of the blue drink, his lack of proper body fluids and his exhausted state overcame the fear and he fell asleep.

He was at least feeling optimistic. For the first time in a few years he'd have an excuse to get off Ariid, although he hoped they were going somewhere just as warm.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:41 pm

"And you think any good will actually come of this?"

"We have little enough to lose, Dallan. Think of the big picture."

"I know exactly what your line of reasoning is, Commander, but that hardly means I have to like it. These people are not trustworthy, are not reliable and are certainly not thinking about the greater good. How can you be so confident?"

"Because whatever the truth of the matter, lieutenant, I know for certain there is at least one person aboard that ship, possibly more, who still believes they are all of those things."

Dallan sighed, "...Very well then. But however certain you are, Commander, please try to remember that it is more than just your own reputation on the line here."

"I would surely never be allowed to forget it. Ahk out."

The Lacuna lifted off, and within a few minutes the Rangers entered low orbit over Ariid.

"Alright then," Kwa began, addressing the crew at large from in front of the living area's holo-screen, "This is where we decide upon our next destination."

"The first thing I want to do is address Ce's proposition. I've linked the ship's main computer to this screen — let's see what she left us."

It did indeed appear that all was not as they had left it: two files had been placed on the ship's central hard drive — a text file marked "PRIORITY_ENCRYPTED_TRANSMISSION" and some form of program named "WODAN_1.10". She started with the text document, bringing it up on screen and skimming through before moving on — it seemed to be a transmission concerning fleet movements somewhere far on the other side of the sector, though some information had been redacted by whomever had sent them it:

PRIORITY_ENCRYPTED_TRANSMISSION:

Kwa left the message hanging in the air and, after a moment's hesitation, opened the other file. The window that appeared on-screen, floating in plain view of everyone in the room, was a simple star-map with two objects highlighted on it: the first was Ariid, their current location, and the second was a small marker labelled 'SoD' connected to the planet by a dotted line. The information below this object listed its velocity, which was faster than light-speed, and its current distance from Ariid.

Kwa was quiet, frowning as she processed the implications of these two files and how they might be connected.
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

Upvotes: : 11

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Rhak looked at the transmission. Beside him stood Aleon a far distance from anyone from the Rangers and only a little closer to Rhak himself.
The former intelligence officer, already had several stimulations going through his mind. His common sense said that the Kingdom was as the Coalition Commander had said, waging war. The truth was that he had seen many wars, and the structure of his office had always remained. Wars wasn't something that Aleon was intrested of. What he was intrested in however was power. Knowledge.

Rhak began to speak to the rest of the rangers.
"Do we really want to risk this? We've all seen what the Kingdom can do. Besides, this is outdated information by 27 hours."

"I agree with Rhak. The information is old. It was old 26 hours ago. The Kingdom has done what anyone who wage war would do. Gain a stronghold. Secure a section, and set up a supply line. That would be traditional warfare." Aleon said. After a brief pause he continued.
"Either we intercept the cruiser, bord it and gain revelant data. Or, if you are interested, I have a job for you."
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:03 am

Bor grimanced. "I highly doubt there's anything on the Lacuna that the Coalition doesn't already have in their arsenal. I don't think we should get involved in a ship-to-ship battle unless we either have a decisive tactical advantage, or it's a quick hit-and-run style attack."
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:43 am

"...They planted a tracking device inside the Sword of Damocles," Kwa mused. A dark look passed over her face.

"I'll wager she thought it would be poetic, leaving us a little riddle like this." She clenched her fists and fumed silently for a moment before continuing.

"They already managed to get inside the Sword. That means they don't need us to do the same. And that means they wanted the tracking device in order to find out where it was going."

The tracking program, WODAN, was streaming information live: the velocity indicator on the Sword's marker twitched up and down a little every so often, and its distance from Ariid continued to rise. Kwa gave it a fair share of her glare, and thought for a few seconds longer.

"...And this file here," she pointed at the Coalition transmission, "Ce knew we would come to the same conclusion you did, Bor: that the Coalition has all the resources it needs to deal with this itself. But what she's telling us is that this isn't the case. The entire Coalition fleet is off preparing to go toe-to-toe against the Kingdom on the other side of the sector, and I'd wager she can't go after it herself for similar reasons."
Back to top Go down
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice
Naboo9

Upvotes: : 4
Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:33 am

Naboo's strange insect/reptile face was in the closest it could get to a thoughtful expression as it could. Naboo had remained silent ever sense he had caught up with the group, and finally decided to brake his silence. "They were trying to hire us to assist them with... this," he said while gesturing to the sceen "they couldn't hold onto us, so they tried to get us on their side."

((OOC: Bah, needed to post, sorry for crap quality. sweat ))
Back to top Go down
http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:25 pm

"I agree that they likely wouldn't be able to spare the resources to chase us now that the Lacuna is space-worthy again, but back on that landing pad we were about as vulnerable as we were ever likely to get. With the co-operation of Santa Frerraro's police force, they could easily have taken us down."

"There is... also something else." Kwa hesitated before continuing, but only for a second.

"The person we met with, the one in charge of the task force that's been tailing us since Ezekiel: She's not local to this sector. Lady Ce'Ahk was born and raised on Medriggan, a pretty little world over a thousand parsecs away. She is my sister."
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:34 pm

"So you're a noble." Aleon said. to the left of him Rhak tried to cross his arms around his chest, in his usual indifferental pose. The lack of a second arm made it hard, however.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:47 pm

"Well, that would explain the flamboyant attire." Grey sighed He crossed his arms, feeling the new weight of his welding module on his left wrist, he was eager to try it out on something, or someone.

"So basically they want us to fly over to a potential warzone to chase down a heavily armed strike cruiser that razes cities for fun because they may be up to something?"
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Kwa winced visibly at Faw's statement.

"...Technically, perhaps... Things are a little... complicated on that front. Ask Xol or I about the Nyctomaria Crisis sometime."

The first person to refer to me as 'Lady Kwa' shall have their breathing privileges revoked immediately.

She turned to Grey, happy to change the subject: "We have no idea where that ship is going — maybe you're right, and it's heading to spearhead an assault somewhere, but we gave it a good kicking on Ariid."

She glanced again at the WODAN display.

"For a vessel of its size, it's moving rather slowly. We'd be tracking down one of their shipyards, or something very similar. I rather think the Coalition would jump for joy if we found them a target like that."

"Then there's this 'Kirrian Dorn' character: he appears to be one of the Kingdom's higher ranking officers. If he doesn't turn out to be involved in some form of underhanded scheme then I shall be most surprised."
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:16 pm

"Then let's follow it. But after this. I need to tell them about Amsora." Rhak said, whispering the final sentence to Kwa. On his shoulder, the 'Slicer' was in its holster.

Aleon Faw was in other thoughts. One of his contacts hadn't responded for a long time, and he was worried it might have been lost to the Kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Kwa nodded.

"This mission will keep for a few days," she replied, "Go ahead Rhak."
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:48 pm

Rhak went up to the screen. In his hand he had a thumbdrive.
"If I may." Rhak said and plugged it into the nearby machinery. Another program was shown besides the transmission and the tracking program. It was titled:
Amsora

Rhak chose it. And a map popped up, showing a binary star system with one gas giant with one moon. The map zoomed in on the moon. It was shown to be an ice covered moon but with several artificial structures. A city.
"This is the moon Louron. It is currently one of the largest exporters of clean water in the system. It also has a colony as you can see."

The map faded out and showed an acheen with the traditional mask on it. A red piece of cloth was around its over arm. The acheen also held a large machine gun with his other hand.
"And this is the target. His name is Amsora and was a high ranking officer during the acheen civil war. He is now a wanted war criminal and leads a para-military band and has connections to several criminal organisations. The acheen government has a high bounty on his head."
Rhak took a breath before continuing.
"Amsora have last been seen on Louron and have taken control of half of its colony."

Another image was shown. It showed several acheens with red clothes wrapped around their arms shooting civillians.
"The system is a day away from here. I have already contacted the colony's resistance movement and they are ready for us."
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:27 am

Flank looked up at Rhak's presentation. They were going to a frozen planet. Great.

Well, he figured that he might as well get some progress on the gun he was making. He stood up and went into the engineering room with the schematics and parts he had acquired.
Back to top Go down
Hutch
Admin
Hutch

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:45 am

Grey twitched for a moment as Rhak finished his presentation. "So basically you want us to risk our lives so we can track down some dried up war criminal for some guy we've never seen before?" He leaned back against the wall.

"I'm sorry, but can't we get our new Coalition buddies to track down and kill this guy themselves? Apparently Lady Kwa here has a pretty high ranking official as a sister. I'm pretty damn sure it would be good PR if the Coalition just sent in a task force themselves to take him down." Grey said, and learned back up. He noticed Flank was making his way back to the Engineering room, probably working on that little project of his. He wanted to see how his welder worked, so he figured it would be in both of their interests to help out.

As he made his way out of the main room, he turned to Kwa.

"Also, when you're all done here. Please call me over, considering I was only supposed to be with you people until we finished our work at Sapphire point, I think it's time we renegotiated my contract." Grey then swiftly made his way to the Engineering room, where he saw Flank getting to work on his new weapon. He cleared his throat and spoke up.

"Figured you would need some help, plus I don't like hanging out with groups of people I barely know. Have any use for a high powered welder?"
Back to top Go down
Potatrobot
Bronze Spice
Bronze Spice
Potatrobot

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:36 am

"Fair enough." Flank said, "And as a matter of fact, I probably do. Basically I'm making a gun out of this turret module and this drill body, although I need to read up on how much electricity they run on. There's a whole bunch of things I need to put it all together, and I've got some of the rarer bits; the rest should probably be around here somewhere."

He looked through the contents page of the schematics and turned the pages over the staple in the corner to the chapter featuring the module, and then further on to a page describing the electrical configuration. It was not a simple device, judging by the complexity of the circuit diagram. Parts of it branched off to other chapters about how the turret's AI controlled the module, so that meant that he'd need to program the gun in addition to assembling it.

"If you've got some good experience with electronics and software design, then you're hired. If not, then you're hired. I need a second man anyway."

Last edited by Dark_potato57 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naboo9
Purple spice
Purple spice
Naboo9

Upvotes: : 4
Location : The Verdant Hills, screaming at Dreadking Rathalos.

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:50 am

After hearing Grey's quip about "Lady Kwa" Naboo chuckled and shook his head. "He's dead." Naboo muttered to himself,he then turned to Rhak and Aleon. "There's a some things I need to know: one, what's the environment, are we going to some abandoned place in the middle of nowhere or are we in a urban area? Two; if we're in an urban place, how busy is it? Three: urban or not are there any noticeable cover or height advantages? And finally; do you have knowledge of any other places he frequents, 'cause we might be able to catch him off guard." Naboo leaned back in his chair so show he was done as he awaited their answers.
Back to top Go down
http://the3nigma.deviantart.com/
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Rhak tried not to shake his head, but to no effect. He began to speak again.
"Most people doesn't take control of a half of an abandoned colony. The colony itself is built beneath a glacier, and supports skyscrapers. The tall buildings work as pillars."
He now glared at Aleon which walked up and put in some commands on the console. More gruesome pictures where showed. Several barricades, barbed wire, tesla coils and heavy armored soldiers. All under red banners.
"Colony is now locked in a civil war. The battles are tough, and Amsora got whole legions at his disposal. We'll never get through his line of defense conventionally."
Rhak stared at Grey and Flank.
"NO cannons. The infrastructure is hurt as it is. One shot and we're burried in ice."

"Amsora doesn't know we are comming for him. But he isn't stupid. He have been an emperor after all."
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:55 pm

Kwa looked at the images thoughtfully.

"This may be something we can apply ourselves to, assuming the bounty is as generous as you say. We can work out the finances later, but so long as we keep the whole operation surgical and don't get bogged down for weeks in the middle of a civil war, I am willing to support you on Louron."

...Assuming all is as it seems.

She still was not certain where Faw's place was in all of this. A simple informant wouldn't have hung around this long, he didn't look equipped to provide backup in the mission itself, and clearly the two were not friends.
Back to top Go down
IsakTheWriter
Green Spice
Green Spice
IsakTheWriter

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:00 pm

"That is the plan. We will go in, take out Amsora and get out." Rhak adressed to Kwa.
"His army, which he calls the Red Brigade is professional but undisciplinned. In acheen military each legion works for themselves and doesn't trust another legion. Without Amsora leading the legions, they'll turn against each other."
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Kwa nodded, "Very well then, that sounds like a plan."

"...There is one more thing I ought to mention. If you recall in Sapphire Point, when I accessed the Silent One's visor: before the system was wiped, I retrieved more than just a code."

"First, let there be no misconceptions: The Silent Temple is not part of the Kingdom; they are mercenaries, of a sort. They train their own men, keep to themselves, have their own channels of communication, as you'd expect. Most of the information recovered from the visor, at least as much as I've had the chance to look over, is corrupted and useless. However, there are clues which indicate the Temple has a presence, perhaps even a headquarters of some kind, on planet Tareen. The same planet on which the Coalition hosts its base of operations."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nerrone's Rangers IC   Nerrone's Rangers IC - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nerrone's Rangers IC
Page 33 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next