GAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Galactic Adventure Club

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Similar topics
Latest topics
» It is time for our yearly pilgrimage.
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Terwynd Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:06 pm

» my forum now
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby lonestar4 Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:41 am

» Press F
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Dark_Plague Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:41 pm

» Happy Inactivity Anniversary
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Potatrobot Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:29 am

» Hi guys
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Sean1M Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:29 am

» -Three- Sentence Tale (REBOOT)
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Terwynd Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

» Music Appreciation (Forum Game)
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Terwynd Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:23 am

» Your very own art
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby ReFrostE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:58 am

» Game Night 'To-buy' List
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Terwynd Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:21 pm

» Sentain IC
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

» MC realms
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby camelfox Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:51 am

» Photoshop game
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Dark_Plague Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 am

» Tate's renders -- Now in college
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Potatrobot Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 am

» Warframe — Because Space Ninjas
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Delta Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

» Random & Crazy Pictures
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Dark_Plague Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

» Stars Without Number OOC – Lifepath and Hacking Added
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Terwynd Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:02 am

» Hey guys...
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Talvox Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:38 am

» New Super Smash Bros. Game announced for teh Wii U and 3DS
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Potatrobot Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm

» What are your favorite youtube videos?
New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Emptyby Terwynd Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Top posting users this week
No user

New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!

Go down 
+3
Gelatino95
Delta
Shadow99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Shadow99

Upvotes: : 0
Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Empty
PostSubject: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:52 am

(Before you go on this may be false but heck its all we got concerning new actual Core Spore stuff not stuff like Darkspore.)

TBA Chart

Ok, so I was just bored one day with nothing to do at a school where my mom works dealing with a PC with ram of a 5$ go-phone that can't even run Minecraft. And I decided since I was going to see if there was anything about a new Spore Expansion, and I found something...

Ok, first off, I saw a lot of hint hints Maxis has done in the past which a lot of you may have heard of, (Flora Editor and the return of Aquatic mode.) of a new expansion, and I sort of followed that to some other sources, most of the stuff wasn't anything really, except when I found something on the Sporewiki. (The only thing worrysome about this is the fact that ANYONE can edit posts on the wiki...) What I found was an EA TBA game chart of 2010-2011 (I forget the year span actually.) I looked at the chart picture and saw some games we've all heard of, I saw games like Dead Space 2 and a few Need for Speed games. (Which I actually didn't know EA made.) But at the very bottom it read: Spore Title TBA. Now, at first I thought it was that Spore: Creature Keeper thing, but then I noticed that it had a platform game chart to the side for the games. (Ex. Console, Handheld, PC) And it was checked for both PC AND Console, which dismissed the chance of it being Creature Keeper last time I checked it was PC only. Also it dismissed the chance of it being a game like Spore Heroes (I think thats the name, the real one escapes me at the moment. since it had PC not just Console. Also, the game before it said: Sims 3 Title, which is more than likely the new Pets expansion which will be released this October on the 18th. So unless they push back the release date the new Spore game will be any time after the 18th. Now, only thing is it dosen't say what time of game it is nessicarily, so it could be an expansion to Spore or a sequel. Thats it, thought I'd post this to give people some hope that there will be another expansion. Once again this may be false I don't know it came from the Sporewiki, I'll post a link to the page as soon as possible. And me and my paranoidness (If thats even a word.) sorry if anyone posted something like this. I do think Maxis should release a bots parts patch first though.

So...If this is right think I could be our new official: "Guy-who-gets-news-about-games" guy? mcgreen TBA Chart

Last edited by Shadow99 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delta
Admin
Delta

Upvotes: : 84

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:58 am

As I recall, that 'Spore TBA' thing was actually the first warning we had that Darkspore was coming. It's probable that the wiki page simply hasn't been updated since then. emmbarrased!

Still, link please? razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Delta317
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Shadow99

Location : Not sure, pretty sure I'm 30,000,000 miles under the Pacific Ocean...

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:03 am

Uploading link

Maybe but the chart says the Spore game is for PC AND Console, Darkspore is only for PC... I think...
Back to top Go down
Gelatino95
Silver Spice
Silver Spice
Gelatino95

Upvotes: : 9

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:11 am

Well, 2011 is more than halfway over and we haven't heard any news yet. If they were developing the game, then chances are they would have told us already to get everyone excited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/Gelatino95
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Shadow99

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:20 am

Good point, but It also mentioned that the times of the release were subject to change, so It may be released in 2012, I failed to mention that
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:28 am

It was Darkspore. If anything were to come out this year it would have already been announced.
Back to top Go down
infidel775
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
infidel775

Upvotes: : 1
Location : A bunker on Casparan, heavily defended by Kas guards.

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:44 pm

We're like what, 3/4 into 2011?

Darkspore's been released, I say game over for any possibilities of an expansion or sequel this year.

Frankly, I don't give a damn. I make use of what I've been given. And so far, the lack of expansions hasn't slowed me down one bit.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/infidel775
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

Upvotes: : 16

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Yes, I believe that was what darkspore was called before it was darkspore, and there are rumors that it is planned for release as a console game as well. However there is a large discussion on the sporum about 'The January Project'.(Speaking of 2012's January)

Last edited by Darkshadow1223 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:31 pm

infidel775 wrote:
We're like what, 3/4 into 2011.
So it's impossible for them to announce another game in the three and a half months remaining?

It probably is Darkspore, but you never know until you know.

And Shadow, could you provide a link to this Sporum thread?
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Mitchz95 wrote:
infidel775 wrote:
So it's impossible for them to announce another game in the three and a half months remaining?

And Shadow, could you provide a link to this Sporum thread?
Sporum's down right now, but heres the link: http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/72605.page
Back to top Go down
Shadow99
Blue Spice
Blue Spice
Shadow99

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:29 am

I did Mitch
Back to top Go down
infidel775
Pink Spice
Pink Spice
infidel775

Upvotes: : 1
Location : A bunker on Casparan, heavily defended by Kas guards.

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:47 am

Mitchz95 wrote:
infidel775 wrote:

If they've been at work all 2011 on a new spore project don't you think they would have released info on a 2011 title to the public by now?

If there IS a Spore TBA, it's not coming out in 2011. It is absurd to announce a game in development this close to projected release.

The only reason we learned of Creepy and Cute so close to its release was because it took less that a few months to make. Here, it's been, as I've stated before, 3/4 of 2011, for a title projected for...2011. No trailers. No demos. Nothing.

No game company worth its salt would avoid showing off one of their projects for THIS LONG.

I further damn this hype with the following: One of the external links listed on the wiki page for Spore TBA.

New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! SporeTBA-1

>A new game building upon Will Wright's massive evolution simulation Spore is being pegged for an early 2011 release by publisher EA.

As far as I'm concerned, it all points in one direction: Spore TBA was Darkspore, and the image seen on the article is ancient.

I rest my case.

"It was a nice thought, G"-Johnson, Shadows of the Damned

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/infidel775
Mitchz95
Purple spice
Purple spice
Mitchz95

Upvotes: : 10

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:26 pm

That is pursuasive evidence, but is it beyond the realm of possibility that the release date was pushed forward and the article just wasn't updated? I agree that it almost definitely meant Darkspore, but there's still a small chance.
Back to top Go down
Drew
Admin

Upvotes: : 20

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:08 pm

I don't think they will make any new expansions to be honest. Early this year and last year it seemed reasonable but everything in general is going down hill fast. They wont invest in something that they wont make much money off of.
Back to top Go down
Darkshadow
Purple spice
Purple spice
Darkshadow

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Darkshadow1223 wrote:
Yes, I believe that was what darkspore was called before it was darkspore, and there are rumors that it is planned for release as a console game as well. However there is a large discussion on the sporum about 'THE JANUARY PROJECT'.(Speaking of 2012's January)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!   New Xpack/Sequel to Spore! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Xpack/Sequel to Spore!
Page 1 of 1